Dubai Zoo | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai Zoo

Latest post on 29 October 2011 - 22:06

So, after my medical was over, we thought we'd go to Dubai Zoo as a 'reward' for being brave :) but after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor about it, it made for depressive reading. Has anyone here been to this zoo and is it as traumatic as the reviews say? If so, what's being done about these poor creatures?

Latest post on 01 November 2011 - 16:32
Has anyone looked into volunteering and trying to help with the situation? Surely we have some activists out there who could get the ball rolling?!?!?! I would be willing to volunteer-- I found a group on Facebook about it, but I don't think the people in the group actually live over here. I'll leave a message on their wall and see if they get back to me.
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 19:15
My DD paid Dubai Zoo a visit, the whole experience made her cry. Dont Go!!!!! I double this, it is a sad trip!
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 18:51
It's a sad story and I have no idea why the government don't step in and do something. From what I gather the poor guy that runs it, does so with what little funds he gets. The majority of the animals are ones that have been confiscated or given to him by irresponsible people who imported them, then couldn't look after them. I'd certainly be up for assisting in any capacity I could.
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 18:48
Has anyone looked into volunteering and trying to help with the situation? Surely we have some activists out there who could get the ball rolling?!?!?! I would be willing to volunteer--
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 17:12
My DD paid Dubai Zoo a visit, the whole experience made her cry. Dont Go!!!!!
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 17:03
Oh no, it sounds too sad for words. I definitely won't go as cruelty to any living creature really upsets me. How are they getting away with this? Is Al Ain a zoo or more of a safari park? Sounds like a plan, I'll give that one a try. Has anyone been to Ras al Khor to see the birds? I'd really like to go but don't fancy it if there's no shelter/ possibility to drive round it. Is it worth a trip?
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 12:25
Went with the kids when we first arrived and we all left traumatised. DONT GO
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 12:12
i havent been. Like you i read the reviews and decided not to support such an operation. Aparently there was a new zoo with better facilities due to be built but it was shelved.... probably due to the economy(?) Anyway its up to you but im definately not going. Go to Al Ain wildlife park instead - its brilliant. they have been wanting to move the zoo in dubai ever since i moved over to the uae, like 15 years ago so its not down to the economic down turn.
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 12:12
So, after my medical was over, we thought we'd go to Dubai Zoo as a 'reward' for being brave :) but after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor about it, it made for depressive reading. Has anyone here been to this zoo and is it as traumatic as the reviews say? If so, what's being done about these poor creatures? stay away from dubai go to al ain zoo instead.
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 11:57
I haven't dared go to Dubai zoo after all the reviews, I know it would really upset me. You only have to drive past to see how tiny and dirty it is. No place to keep wild animals. Al Ain zoo was lovely though. Really impressed with it and will definitely be going back again.
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 11:15
One of the worst experiences ever. Lived here for 13 years and nothing has been done. Sad, sad. As GEA1984 mentioned Al Ain Zoo is worth a trip!! Not much choice of food if you are going with little ones so bring some snacks with you.
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 07:19
Been with my two kids when we first got here. It was horrendous, I've never seen anything like that, the animals are all caged in a bunch so very little space, the lion looked tremendously depressed and the baboons all had infections....let alone the stench that evaporated from the animals, which meant they don't get washed :( Very sad indeed <em>edited by myriambill on 30/10/2011</em>
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 07:15
Second Al Ain its lovely and the drive is nice and green too :)
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 07:15
i havent been. Like you i read the reviews and decided not to support such an operation. Aparently there was a new zoo with better facilities due to be built but it was shelved.... probably due to the economy(?) Anyway its up to you but im definately not going. Go to Al Ain wildlife park instead - its brilliant.
Latest post on 30 October 2011 - 07:08
My DS is always asking me why we dont go, i also read reviews and comments on here and have never been it would be too sad i think :(

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY