greek yoghurt substitute | ExpatWoman.com

greek yoghurt substitute

Latest post on 01 November 2011 - 09:03

Hi ladies - I am in Qatar. Does anyone know which brand/type of yoghurt would be the best substitute for full fat (10%) Total greek yogurt? Most of the ones I've tried are not mild and creamy enough and they have the texture of 'set' yoghurt. I am managing by blending it with cream (what a hardship ;) but wondered if I could find the real deal?

Latest post on 05 November 2014 - 19:19
If you don't find the yogurt you want you can seep any kind for 2 or 3 hours so some of the water comes out ..than use it for whatever you need it for..it shall be thick and creamy;)
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 14:49
Hi,I like food in general and I like to try Greek,Lebanese food which contains Yogurt..anyway..there is no for my opinion Greek or any other yogurt....yogurt is yogurt..so you can buy any kind of yogurt depending on the percentage of fat you like..and cook or make salad with it...This tip was advised by a chef cook as I was in one of the Lebanese restaurants...and add on it anything you like..garlic..olive oil..ect....
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 00:16
Thx, I've been searching for Chobani brand.
Latest post on 25 September 2014 - 15:42
Chobani Greek Yogurt is available in all four Park & Shop supermarkets on Al Wasl Road, DIP, JLT and TECOM.
Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 18:49
how about nadec yogurts... i've tried it on one frozen yogurt store and it's nice.... this one is from saudi and not all supermarkets have it here....
Latest post on 29 November 2011 - 10:17
I'm pretty sure I've seen Total brand Greek yoghurt in Spinneys, but you might want to post this on the Qatar board as well
Latest post on 29 November 2011 - 09:35
Thank you. I discovered labneh the other day and saw the fat content was nice and high, but I was bewildered by the sheer number of labnehs on offer. Now I know which one to go for!
Latest post on 16 November 2011 - 23:20
Al Marai Labneh. It's the least tangy of all the brands, yet creamy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY