Jumeirah Village Triangle - DEWA | ExpatWoman.com

Jumeirah Village Triangle - DEWA

Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 09:42

Good morning

Just wondering if anyone out there can help us make a decision on JVT. We have to move at the end of January and we cant decide on whether we should stick with an apartment or to look for a villa somewhere. The houses in JVT look amazing for the money you pay, less money than we are paying for the apartment we're in now. I have been trying to do some research online and have noticed some people mentioning how expensive the DEWA charges are up there, can anyone give us a guide on this?

I have read that there are no pools up there, is this true? Are there any plans for pools and does it bother you that you dont have access to one?

Is there any other feedback you could give me on the area?

We are really struggling to decide what to do, we love where we are now and dont really want to move :-(

Thanks in advance

Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 14:46
Thanks, this is all very helpful. Hopefully those curtains will fit, we'll check them out. It would be so good to have a gas cooker again, my husband refuses to cook me a steak on our current cooker since he "cant control the temperature" :-) We'll start having a look over the next few weeks and see where we fancy, however I already know i'm going to fall in love with the nice big new house and garden!
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 13:56
Got a quote 2 days ago from the guy who did my next door neighbours. Abdul Salam 050 585 5772. And my other neighbour, 2 doors up has done hers into 2 bedrooms but havent seen that one. <em>edited by nutty on 02/11/2011</em>
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 13:52
Nutty, You have said below that 5k to make the upstairs lounge a 3rd bedroom, where has this price come from, do you know of anyone that has converted the space? Thank :) TH: Huge tv lounge at top of stairs (5000aed to make a 3rd bedroom)
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 12:55
Double doors are 185w and 210H. No district cooling. Also budget 1000aed to get the gas connected and for a huge bottle if the villa has a gas cage and more if it does not and has to be installed.
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 12:37
My friend said no to district cooling. I think there is something wrong with her bills as 1800AED is very high for a 2 bed and she and DH work all day
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 11:55
Thanks. Considering I live in Dubai I am always cold so we dont use it that often, I like to be nice and cosy! Sorry to ask again but is there a separate charge for the AC? At the moment we pay DEWA and Palm District Cooling. As for the curtain costs - we have 3 sets of curtains at the moment that we hope will be big enough for the windows in JVT, fingers crossed! I think we'd like to have some grass but hopefully not the whole garden, will have a look over the next few weeks and see what we see. The nice new houses are just too appealing :-)
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 11:19
Our ac in DD's room 7am-7pm then 10am-1pm. Our bedroom ac 10-7pm May have it on over lunch time if we are at home. There is ways of turning off certain ac systems in the villas/TH see previous threads. If you get a villa with a landscaped garden you will be responsible to maintain the standard. If you get one where the LL has put pebbles down 3/4 of garden and left only a small grass area then your bills will be about the same as mine. Look at the townhouses as they are more economical. Really depends on which way the villa faces aswell, we looked until we found one where the livingspace was not in direct sunlight as this make a big difference to DEWA bills. Also if you do go for an IV choose the Arabic style (light wood interiors) as they have less windows.
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 11:00
Thanks for the info, we really do love the look of the houses and the garden is so appealing since we only have a balcony at the moment. Just for a guide - do you keep your AC on all day or just when you're in the house? I realise a lot of the DEWA charges will come from watering the garden but just wondering if there is anywhere we could cut the costs down slightly. My hubby pays for everything else but I pay the DEWA :-) Is there a separate charge for the AC, like Palm District Cooling?
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 10:44
We live in a 2 bed townhouse in JVT. Our monthly DEWA in summer is around 2000aed and winter 500/1000aed. The gardens of the independant villas are huge and require a lot of watering. Think curtains; TH: 3 double doors downstairs,3 double doors upstairs plus 2 windows IV; 4 double doors, 4 windows. 3 double doors upstairs plus 2 windows although in the Mediterrean style you have big windows at the top of the stairs that make it nice and toasty. TH; Manageable size garden but back to back rows IV: Massive gardens also overlooked but by not as many. TH: Huge tv lounge at top of stairs (5000aed to make a 3rd bedroom) IV: Space at the top of the stairs. We use the springs pools as there are none in JVT.It takes me 4 mins to drive to spinneys town centre from district 2. Have heard mega rumours that the placehas to be ready by the middleof next year and judging by the hive of activity would say there is something in this. Only a local garage in way of shop at the monent. TBH i really like it. I have a nice big family sized villa close to everything i want but then i drive and dont mind not being in a finished community.
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 10:06
That's not good, we're no where near that now! Love that the houses are nice and new there and kitchen appliances come with the property but dont fancy paying that much for DEWA
Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 09:52
My friend lives there. JUst her and DH and she said her average DEWA bill is 1800AED per month!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY