dog sitt | ExpatWoman.com

dog sitt

Latest post on 03 November 2011 - 12:01

We are planning to visit our family during Christmas time for 2 weeks and really devastated to find a kind and trusting dog sitter or hotel. Can you please help me???? I hate the idea of leaving him in a hotel, since he is so gentle kind and shy!!! what can I do, what do you guys do when you travel. I have heard people have living made, but I don’t. What do you suggest??? Anything helps, I’m desperate to find a way :(

Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 08:23
Thank to you all, I became a facebook fan as you'd suggested and found a couple for our little one and also for me and DH :) now er are friends and take care of eachothers dogs. This is exactly what I was looking for Love this forum Thank you again
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 21:46
Dubai Petsitting is also licensed and are members of international associations :)
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:30
As I said, their licence number is on their website and I can tell you they are fully licensed to do what they do.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:29
if you google Homely petz you will see Homely petz FC LLC wich means there license is ONLY from FREE ZONE and TRADING !!!! so they have trading license, now please show me that they are allowed to provide pet sitting services !!! <em>edited by Humanitarian on 04/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:24
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets. Yes they do and you are again talking nonsense. Princess I, regardless of whether you are right or not, your responses on this thread are quite blunt and rude IMHO. It's perfectly adequate surely to explain what you know, in order to provide information Humanitarian might not have yet, than to completely shoot someone down and tell them they are talking nonsense. (and several other posters it seems; seriously, is it her fault if she hasn't got all the information yet? Just explain what you know and where to find the info instead of being nasty!) <em>edited by GirlAnachronism on 04/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:24
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets. Yes they do and you are again talking nonsense. I am not talking nonsense as you are the one who said that ONLY homely Petz are ligal. So I said "to be legal you have to have a license for what ever you are doing! And each activity has its on numerical number you can always check it yourself! in U.A.E there is no activity as visiting someones home!!! I can get a print out from dubai municipality for you ;) Homely petz are the only company that has a licence for pet sitting in the UAE. FACT. How do you know it?
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:23
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets. Yes they do and you are again talking nonsense. Ditto
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:23
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets. Yes they do and you are again talking nonsense. I am not talking nonsense as you are the one who said that ONLY homely Petz are ligal. So I said "to be legal you have to have a license for what ever you are doing! And each activity has its on numerical number you can always check it yourself! in U.A.E there is no activity as visiting someones home!!! I can get a print out from dubai municipality for you ;) Homely petz are the only company that has a licence for pet sitting in the UAE. FACT.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:21
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets. Yes they do! Their licence number is on the website. Once again, do not know what you are talking about.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:21
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets. Yes they do and you are again talking nonsense. I am not talking nonsense as you are the one who said that ONLY homely Petz are ligal. So I said "to be legal you have to have a license for what ever you are doing! And each activity has its on numerical number you can always check it yourself! in U.A.E there is no activity as visiting someones home!!! I can get a print out from dubai municipality for you ;)
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:14
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets. Yes they do and you are again talking nonsense.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:10
I am just saying that there is no license to visit someones home and take care for pets there! There is no such thing in Dubai Municipality! Being a member of international association is totally different than being licensed for pet sitting. For pet sitting you get a normal license like Urban Tails where people come and bring their pets.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:06
I have been fortunate in that I have a cleaning lady who (a) likes my animals and (b) is more than willing to stay in my home (and I am happy to have her there) to look after my pets while I am away. I know I am very lucky and others are not in the same position. That said, can you trade pet sitting duties with a pet owning friend? My little doggy goes to a friend of ours when we go away. So it's like a little doggy holiday for him. They love dogs and don't have one of their own, so jump at the chance to look after him. There's nothing wrong with friends looking after each others animals - so long as you trust them to do so. However, quite a lot of people would prefer to employ professionals for the job, especially if the animal requires medication or special treatment, hence there are quite a few kennels and pet sitting services about.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:02
Princess There is a typical licensed that you get. There is nothing called insurence for your home! I have applied for a licensed (as we rescue many pets and need to have a place) myself and know each activity number. To be legal you need to have a licensed and most pet hotels have it but there is nothing called insurance for your home and there is no license for such a thing so that means that homelypetz are not allowed to provide such service except for only selling goods if they have license for that. your post is complete nonsense and completely inaccurate. Homely Petz are licensed for what they do, are members of international associations and have complete liability insurance for while they are in your home....
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 20:01
I have been fortunate in that I have a cleaning lady who (a) likes my animals and (b) is more than willing to stay in my home (and I am happy to have her there) to look after my pets while I am away. I know I am very lucky and others are not in the same position. That said, can you trade pet sitting duties with a pet owning friend?
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 19:58
Princess There is a typical licensed that you get. There is nothing called insurence for your home! I have applied for a licensed (as we rescue many pets and need to have a place) myself and know each activity number. To be legal you need to have a licensed and most pet hotels have it but there is nothing called insurance for your home and there is no license for such a thing so that means that homelypetz are not allowed to provide such service except for only selling goods if they have license for that. er they absolutely 100% have a licence to provide pet sitting services! Home insurance is the owners/tenants responsibility and can be obtained from any insurance company. I think you're getting a bit confused.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 19:54
Princess There is a typical licensed that you get. There is nothing called insurence for your home! I have applied for a licensed (as we rescue many pets and need to have a place) myself and know each activity number. To be legal you need to have a licensed and most pet hotels have it but there is nothing called insurance for your home and there is no license for such a thing so that means that homelypetz are not allowed to provide such service except for only selling goods if they have license for that.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 19:53
The only legal petsitters in the UAE are homelypetz.... all others are illegal and have no insurance for your home or your pets. Who ever makes a claim anyway? The point is, people looking after animals need to be legally covered in case anything goes wrong. It's a huge responsibility whether it's a kennel or a pet sitter and not everyone or just anyone is qualified to do it. I've known other people convert their villas to look after animals, but they all had some sort of qualification or veterinary training.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 19:49
The only legal petsitters in the UAE are homelypetz.... all others are illegal and have no insurance for your home or your pets. Who ever makes a claim anyway?
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 19:47
The only legal petsitters in the UAE are homelypetz.... all others are illegal and have no insurance for your home or your pets.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 19:44
http://www.facebook.com/olyaspets They provide the best care ever for all of the animals, check it yourself and they only take 70 dirhams per day. (licensed)
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 19:01
*really need to get eyes tested re thread title*
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 18:58
PIP, just to play devils advocate, what are your qualifications for setting up as a kennel? Are you registered? Insured? Making sure all animals are vaccinated and wormed before taking them in? Do you have any first aid training or experience? These are all things responsible animal owners should consider when deciding who to look after their animals.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 18:43
Hello, I know this response is a little late, but I just wanted to let you know that my husband and I have just set up dog boarding at our villa. We wouldn't leave our dogs cooped up in kennels, so going away is a huge problem for us. So, we thought there are probably like minded people who want to leave their pets in a loving, safe, homely environment. So our idea is to invite dogs to stay with us and our own dogs at our home, i.e. they get a holiday at the same time as their owners. They won't be left on their own over night as they are living in our home. Our dogs have their own air conditioned room filled with mattresses to sleep on, toys to play with and a huge space to play indoors. They also have 24/7 access to the 1/2 acre garden outside - a huge grass area and then a very large sandy section around the entire buildings. There is a hig wall surrounding the garden and locked gates, so the dogs are totally safe and secure inside. Our dogs also love sleep on our large outdoor cushioin and chairs on the patio under the UV protection sun shades. So, let you dogs come and stay in our family home, play with our dogs and and have fun. We've just set up a facebook page: facebook.com/spotabove take a look and like us. We are situated about 20 minutes from the Dubai/Abu Dhabi border in Al Bahia (approx. 10-15 mins from Abu Dhabi airport). However, we will also arrange pick up, if that is helpful to you. We are pet lovers with four dogs and two cats - we know that finding the right place to leave your pets when you travel is really difficult and stressful. We hope that we can help.
Latest post on 03 November 2011 - 12:57
We send our two to kennels when we're away and they have an absolute ball. They come back settled, happy and content and have clearly had a great time. I worried non-stop about leaving them the first time but I was totally worrying about nothing. I know it feels heartless to you but in dog land, it's like them going off on their holidays :D.
Latest post on 03 November 2011 - 12:39
http://www.homelypetz.com/ - they will have pet sitters local to your area
Latest post on 03 November 2011 - 12:11
Hads no idea, thank ou so very much. Ill get on it right now
Latest post on 03 November 2011 - 12:09
Have you seen https://www.facebook.com/groups/134145300008995/?ref=ts UAE Dog Sitting Exchange. You may find somebody there who can help if you are looking home from home for your pooch. HTH

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY