Help!! Which schools can I put my son's name down for to start FS2 in 2012?? | ExpatWoman.com

Help!! Which schools can I put my son's name down for to start FS2 in 2012??

Latest post on 12 November 2011 - 22:07

Having always expected to be back in UK by the time my son starts school I have (stupidly) not registered him for a school place for next year... so it's looking more and more likely that we will be staying and having started to look into it I realise that all the schools I have heard of have closed even their waiting list for FS2 for 2012, I can't even put his name down!

Would really appreciate some advice - are there any schools taking applications for FS2 for next year? I am not fussy about location..

TIA!

Latest post on 24 November 2011 - 07:26
Thanks again, I am looking into the GEMS options. I think Guinness is right - I will not be too worried if my son ends up doing IB curriculum. Appletiser, do you (or one of the homeschoolers on this forum!) know how it works if you take the homeschooling until something else becomes available.. as in, at the moment I cannot even put my son's name on a waiting list. Do you have to keep ringing around once the school year has started? Perhaps contact this lady,she always give great advice on homeschooling as she has done it. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=134842
Latest post on 23 November 2011 - 18:24
I would keep calling every couple of days so that the registrar will know your name...That is how my friend got her lo onto a waiting list.....
Latest post on 16 November 2011 - 15:19
Thanks again, I am looking into the GEMS options. I think Guinness is right - I will not be too worried if my son ends up doing IB curriculum. Appletiser, do you (or one of the homeschoolers on this forum!) know how it works if you take the homeschooling until something else becomes available.. as in, at the moment I cannot even put my son's name on a waiting list. Do you have to keep ringing around once the school year has started?
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 20:05
What about Gems World? IB curriculum, but that bit doesn't really matter sooo much at your sons age.
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 19:15
Perhaps try at the Wellington Academy in Dubai Silicon Oasis. It's a bit far for you but they may have spaces as it's a new GEMS school. my son goes there and adores it; I'm also happy with the teaching.
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 18:50
You might have to look into homeschooling until a space becomes available. Quite a few ladies on this forum do it with the K12 system. http://www.k12.com/who-we-help/homeschoolers
Latest post on 14 November 2011 - 14:16
Thank you all so much for your help. I was feeling quite hopeful but I have called both Star and DBS and their waiting lists for FS2 for next year are already closed... If anyone else reading this has any ideas or knows of any schools still taking applications I would really appreciate your advice! It is amazing that they are so over-subscribed. What would somebody new in Dubai do??
Latest post on 14 November 2011 - 12:04
its not star intl academy, its star intl school, their web site is http://www.starschoolummsheif.com.
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 21:33
Appletiser, Dubai British School sounds great, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 21:26
Thanks so much for your responses - Neenie, is there a website for the Star International Academy? I can only find a website for the one in Mirdif?
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 12:02
Have you tried Star International Academy? Our son goes there and we're very happy with it. I'm sure they're still taking applications for FS2. And, if they are, the nice thing about Star is that you can register for free. You don't have to pay anything until you're offered a place. Good luck! :)
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 11:21
Dubai British School?
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 11:13
Springs, but I'm getting the impression I can't afford to be fussy about location!
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 11:04
Which area do you live?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY