Spouse Residence Visa | ExpatWoman.com

Spouse Residence Visa

Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 10:29

Hi can anyone tell me the exact process for getting my residence visa through my husband?

He has received his from his company but his labour contract has not arrived and we have been told by his HR dept. that without this we cannot get mine or the children's visas.

However on the DNRD website it states that we need the salary certificate OR the labour contract. Has anyone had recent experience of this, not for residence renewal but first time residence visa.

Thank you.

Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 18:23
please be aware .. I had a visa cancelled and thought I was within the time frame for the visa run 39 days .. after 30 days .. I ended up with a 2 day overstay fine .. Just FYI x
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 18:10
Hi santaslittlehelper, I've just been through the process (we're both British). We used his salary letter (in Arabic) and no tenancy contract was necessary as we live in a hotel. Where are you from? Have you had your marriage certificate attested too?
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 11:31
Pixie if your husband is a GCC National, then he should be able to get you an extension on your visa through immigration without the need for traveling to the border.
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 12:58
thank you starsouthern, so I'll have to wait for his labour contract, its taken 2 months already and still hasn''t arrived. Pixie2011, you'll need to do a visa run to Hatta and back after 39 days, then they will extend for another 30 day visa, thats what we're having to do now. Thank you very much. I think I will plan accordingly.
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 12:49
thank you starsouthern, so I'll have to wait for his labour contract, its taken 2 months already and still hasn''t arrived. Pixie2011, you'll need to do a visa run to Hatta and back after 39 days, then they will extend for another 30 day visa, thats what we're having to do now.
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 11:36
I was wondering about visas as well. I can stay in UAE for one month without visa (I can get it stamped in the airport), but I need to be there for two months, so I can deliver baby. I wonder if they can give me extension or I can file for one. My husband does not need visa at all, his country is a part of GCC.
Latest post on 13 November 2011 - 11:25
My husband just did ours, he needed, his passport, our passports, the original labour contract (they wouldn't accept the copy), his salary certificate, attested marriage cert and the birth certs of the kids. He was also told to take our tenancy contract by the PRO but they didn't ask for it on the day but may do.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY