Anyone else wish they had heating in their homes.....brrrrrr | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone else wish they had heating in their homes.....brrrrrr

Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 14:38
no, never. socks and sweaters in the house are great when needed but a heater...perish the thought lol
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 14:24
I'm obviously not acclimatised yet after 8 months as we still need the A/C on over night! after 3.5 years i still can't sleep without the AC! me neither, it is so muggy and you need air movement!
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 13:49
I'm obviously not acclimatised yet after 8 months as we still need the A/C on over night! after 3.5 years i still can't sleep without the AC!
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 13:14
are you guys kidding? cold? Gosh I have been here for 3 years now (from UK) and this is not cold! It's lovely. At the moment we are sleeping with our windows and door open and its great, we are only covering with a bed sheet!!! During the day I have the doors open and I get the most lovely breeze coming in. Luckily we have netting over our windows and doors, so it keeps out any unwanted guests;)
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 13:03
I never have my air con off! I feel hot all the time and I need to air con on at night to help drown out the noises outside! Expensive way to do it I know! Don't think. Wll ever need a blanket here or a hot water bottle! Lol
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 12:53
I found a HUGE lizard/Gecko thing in between the plant pots on the balcony .. we are 13 floors up !! Its (............................) that long ! and fat .. Do they bite ? its white ish .. grey ish .. colour .. have given it a bowl of water and it seems to be very happy ... No they dont bite...they are the sweetest things....I love them :D
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 11:52
I kept the electric heater all the way through winter last year, will be doing same this year too :)
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:28
I'm sleeping since 3 week with my German winter blanket. :-)
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:21
Same here, still need the AC to sleep. I wonder if an open window will do the trick but hubby is petrified from geikos! I found a HUGE lizard/Gecko thing in between the plant pots on the balcony .. we are 13 floors up !! Its (...............................................................................) that long ! and fat .. Do they bite ? its white ish .. grey ish .. colour .. have given it a bowl of water and it seems to be very happy ...
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:19
Im bl**dy freezing !!! lol LOL ! that was me last night .. turned off all the aircon ! working from home today and its took me a couple of hours - two cups of mint tea with sugar ... I don't take sugar ! just to get started .. went to bed with a fleece blanket over the duvet last night WTF ? .... Im so glad someone agrees with me :)
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:18
Im bl**dy freezing !!! lol LOL ! that was me last night .. turned off all the aircon ! working from home today and its took me a couple of hours - two cups of mint tea with sugar ... I don't take sugar ! just to get started .. went to bed with a fleece blanket over the duvet last night WTF ? ....
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:18
My husband is always hot so it doesnt bother him but come on.....its ONLY 28 degrees outside....we need some heating in our houses !!!!!! lol ;)
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:12
Still shorts and small top here!
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:10
I am cold day and night in my place. i am seriously considering going and buying a heater....bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr The hoodies have come out and fleecy bottoms :)
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:08
I'm more bothered about Mosquitoes coming in, noticed a lot more recently and got 6 bites on my feet to prove it!
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:07
Same here, still need the AC to sleep. I wonder if an open window will do the trick but hubby is petrified from geckos! <em>edited by Irooni on 15/11/2011</em>
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:05
I'm obviously not acclimatised yet after 8 months as we still need the A/C on over night!
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:03
lol open a window and you'll warm up :) At night I just put a second blanket if it gets too cold - not yet though!
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:02
yes ! and what makes it worse is the air con in the communal areas is really cold too ! im getting a friend to bring an electric one back from the UK !
Latest post on 15 November 2011 - 10:00
Im bl**dy freezing !!! lol

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY