Male in the Maldives | ExpatWoman.com

Male in the Maldives

Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 18:00

Sorry, pc won't do the accent for the pronunciation !
I've looked on the net and it is a very small island. Has anyone lived in Male ? Is there likely to be an expat. community ? If there is such a community, is it compounds living ?
Any information on the island would be appreciated.
TIA

Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 09:32
We have a friend who lives on one of the holiday islands and absolutely loves it. Not Male, but probably similar in terms of smallness and island-fever-ish!
Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 09:29
I took ill on a flight to SriLanka and ended uy spending a week on Male. The private hospital is primitive to say the least and from what i remember of Male its very poor.None of the glitz and glamour of the islands. Peopleare lovely though. <em>edited by nutty on 20/11/2011</em>
Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 09:22
Thanks bbcb. A friend is considering a job there but is concerned about getting 'island fever' as it is so small.
Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 22:38
Male is the main island that everyone goes to before they island hop to their destination - its a harbor and most of the goods that come in land at male -we were there for half an hour never lived there sorry but the Maldives are my favorite place on this earth sooo far ! Kuredu island - good times x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY