Can anyone clear this up? Alcohol license - female married applicant | ExpatWoman.com

Can anyone clear this up? Alcohol license - female married applicant

Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 22:31
We had the same problem - I was sponsored by the business - I applied on the forms through A&E they were fab ! However - they needed a reason why I was applying and not my husband Dh issued an NOC with a note saying he was out of the country a lot and that's why it was in my name I also had an NOC from work that stated my occupation and salary - were both now legally alcoholics !
Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 21:23
I have been on my own visa for the last 15 years while I have worked here. I had my own license for 8 years and then got married!!! The next time I went for a renewal I was told that I couldn't have my own anymore and I had to use my husbands!
Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 20:58
Hubby and I applied for ours this week. I wasn't allowed my own even though I have my own work visa, as the tenancy agreement is in hubby's name! So I will be on his. Saved us a second fee so not too worried. Think allowance will be generous enough!! Same situation as me so I won't be getting my own then!! :(
Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 20:43
Hubby and I applied for ours this week. I wasn't allowed my own even though I have my own work visa, as the tenancy agreement is in hubby's name! So I will be on his. Saved us a second fee so not too worried. Think allowance will be generous enough!!
Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 20:09
If my husband doesn't have an alcohol license can I apply for one with him as my sponsor? DC
Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 20:07
I think it depends on who's name is on the lease of your home.
Latest post on 19 November 2011 - 20:04
I'm so confused - I'm married but on a company visa (I work)...can I or can I not apply for a liquor license myself? Is the 'husbands must apply' rule for all women or just women who are sponsored by husband? Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY