Where did you order your turkey from? | ExpatWoman.com

Where did you order your turkey from?

Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 21:30

Hi American ladies,

If you ordered already- where did you order your turkey from for this weekend?

I have found a deal with Room Service Deliveries where apparently Al Bustan Rotana will do a 10 person turkey,gravy,stuffing,potatoes,veg,cranberry,desert for 485... this seems much MUCH cheaper than any of the other hotels, does this mean it won't be as good? Would you recommend it/ Any experiences with their food?

Being in JBR, will they even deliver that far??

Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 15:45
Jumeriah Beach Hotel, I have just ordered it for Christmas. I am not sure if they offer this for Thanksgiving. We had a turkey from JBH two years ago and it was great. Huge side portions too. Hoping it will be just as good this year :)
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 15:33
cornbread muffins and a yam dish ........ ............RECIPES PLease x
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 14:54
We have had turkeys from Oasis Beach Hotel (no longer there!), Sheraton Jumeirah Beach (delicious), Hilton Jumeirah Beach (very good), Marriott Harbour Hotel (superb!). I always do my own roast potatoes as I'm not a huge fan of hotel roasties but all came iwth all the trimmings and were superb.
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 14:29
louisedvs, how much food was there? I will be making cornbread muffins and a yam dish and there will only be 7 or 8 of us so do you think I still need to make more roast potatoes and veg? How about the pumpkin cake is it big enough for 8?
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 11:55
thanks Louise- I am making my own sides but just wanted to know if the turkey was tasty or not, thanks for your feedback
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 11:46
Hi American ladies, If you ordered already- where did you order your turkey from for this weekend? I have found a deal with Room Service Deliveries where apparently Al Bustan Rotana will do a 10 person turkey,gravy,stuffing,potatoes,veg,cranberry,desert for 485... this seems much MUCH cheaper than any of the other hotels, does this mean it won't be as good? Would you recommend it/ Any experiences with their food? Being in JBR, will they even deliver that far?? I had one from the rotana but i needed to make more veg, roast potatoes etc. The turkey was huge
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 11:44
just bumping to see if anyone has any feedback
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 08:43
I have the same question- last year I used the Sheraton and picked it up myself and it was wonderful but I noticed the two other options on room service dubai are much cheaper- has anyone used the Radisson or Bustan Rotana for Thanksgiving turkeys? Would love some feedback before I order. Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY