ipod vs iphone | ExpatWoman.com

ipod vs iphone

Latest post on 20 November 2011 - 23:54

My birthday is in a few weeks and my fiancé asked me what I want. I said an iphone and he said I'm more of an ipad person since I like reading so much. I said I'd think about it and get back to him. Anyone using both? Which one would you say is more useful? I'm all for functionality and practicality over style :)

ETA - I just realised I wrote ipod instead of ipad in the subject line. Sorry :P
<em>edited by desertbookworm on 20/11/2011</em>

Latest post on 22 November 2011 - 02:07
I have an iPad but I don't really use it for reading. I'd rather buy a Kindle. I actually want to buy a Kindle but I feel guilty since I already have an iPad. The good thing about actual eBook readers like Kindle is the e-ink technology. So just to end the confusion for me whether or not to buy a Kinlde, I just buy the books. 60 dirham on one book a week is not too steep anyway... although I'm still expecting friends to give me a Kindle on my birthday! :)
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 23:26
Thanks for the input ladies. I love the feel of a book too and like hearing the crispy sound as you turn the pages so I wouldn't be doing any major reading on the ipad. Maybe I'll go to the mall and play around with both to see which one I'd prefer. :)
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 18:42
Nothing will compare to a real book IMOA .. I have both, However I would truly like the new I phone 4s as its spectacular ! I also have Ipad 1 not 2 so wouldnt be as fussy but there is sooooo much more you can do with the Iphone ...
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 18:02
I use both. If you love spending hours surfing, then iPad is the best and can take photos too, but I never take my iPad out with me as its yet another thing to lug round so prefer the convenience of the phone. I'm with desertbookworm re books, nothing like the real thing!
Latest post on 21 November 2011 - 16:15
My birthday is in a few weeks and my fiancé asked me what I want. I said an iphone and he said I'm more of an ipad person since I like reading so much. I said I'd think about it and get back to him. Anyone using both? Which one would you say is more useful? I'm all for functionality and practicality over style :) ETA - I just realised I wrote ipod instead of ipad in the subject line. Sorry :P edited by desertbookworm on 20/11/2011 I love my iphone and the camera is fab on it... I used to be a BB user but will never go back The IPAD is great as a gadget too but i prefer to read books ( love the smell and feel) why not get a Iphone and a Kindle :-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY