Has anyone had a cat run made here? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone had a cat run made here?

Latest post on 23 November 2011 - 07:33

Was thinking about getting one made for my garden as I have a very old cat now who I have been keeping in since our move to a new villa.

Has anyone had one made here? Any recommendations please? Thanks.

Latest post on 02 December 2011 - 21:40
Petz Plaza do customised pet cages and runs for outdoor areas, there is an email contact on this page: http://www.dubaipetstore.com/Outside-Bird-Aviary-62-1468-569-p.aspx
Latest post on 01 December 2011 - 07:29
I was just thinking, there's always all of those engineering works that make the big chicken-coop style enclosures. If you were to draw exactly what you need they'd probably make it up for next to nothing. Out off the 66 to Al Ain, I remember seeing a heap of these workshops. From (rather vague) memory, in Al Lisali which is to the right of the 66, just after the camel milk factory and camel race track. ETA - looked in my tusty UAE road atlas. :D It is Al Lisali I'm thinking of...Map 33 if you happen to have it. <em>edited by Green-ish on 01/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 20:52
OK thanks - that is food for thought.
Latest post on 26 November 2011 - 13:04
spongemonkey...a friend of mine here recently made her own. She used a narrow poly pipe and plumbing joints for the frame, tent pegged it to the ground and threw a bird net (for fruit trees) over the top. Cheap, easy and done in a day. She put the cats' entrance near a window. There are a couple of biggish trees in pots that help support the top of it and with the black netting, it blends in to the background nicely. You'll probably find the poly pipe and elbows, t-joints etc locally but might need to source the netting online?
Latest post on 26 November 2011 - 12:18
I believe that the price ranges depending on what size/material etc you are after. Best bet is to give them a call.
Latest post on 25 November 2011 - 22:59
Thanks very much. Would you mind me asking approx cost?
Latest post on 25 November 2011 - 22:01
My friend had one made by DKC - they built it in one day and so far her kitties love it. If you give them a call they should be able to send you photos. HTH
Latest post on 25 November 2011 - 17:55
I had one made, used Jumeirah Carpentry (found their number on here, Mr Aslam is his name I think) and would definately recommed them them. It is so well made and super sturdy, even survived when one of the gardeners lopped a tree trunk into it when we had the trees chopped last year. It's a big space (around 13m x 3m x 2m), and said tree trunks are now arranged inside at angles for climbing and jumping on. The cats access it from one of the living room windows and there's a door at the front so I can get in and out to clean up. They absolutely love it, and I'm happy knowing that they get their outdoor time without the worry of them getting squished on the road.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY