Hospitals, Doctors & Dentists .. | ExpatWoman.com

Hospitals, Doctors & Dentists ..

Latest post on 23 November 2011 - 21:41

Ok, we are now here enjoying the AD life and would like to ask where do the expats go when they need Doctors, Dentists & Hospitals? Don't need their services right now, but good to have on hand!! Appreciate your comments/ recommendations. Keep smiling

Latest post on 16 December 2011 - 15:31
Thank you BusyBee2, appreciate your numbers - always handy to have them close by. Have been fighting a tummy bug for a couple of days and was wondering who to call .. will keep these close by! Is the old Al Noor hospital the one in town (near BHS?). Would Ron do immunisations for kids? Thinking to get Meningitis C for the kids, and possibily myself as working with young kids in a school. yes of course he does immunisations. in fact my oldest boy was needing his dtp booster as he is that age and he also needed vaccines for a school trip to vietnam. you can get the vaccines done at the preventive health dept at skmc but in my case they would only do the polio by needle, when in fact at mcculloughs they would give it by oral so we went there for it. the nurse is the one that usually does the immunisations, but when i went there it was in fact the other doctor, dr sama who has been here quite a long time and is very good too, and she in fact gave us the oral polio. we went back to skmc to have the other vaccines needed for vietnam only because it was much nearer to our school and more convenient for me personally than having to go further into town and the parking/time issues etc. i have always used ron as a gp and he has been here years, in fact he is known as doctor 38 as he was the 38th doctor to be licenced here in abu dhabi etc. if you do go and use his clinic, he is actually in a flat on the third floor of the residential building which is connected to the "old al noor" on khalifa street, and you can just dump your car outside to be valet parked, they will give you a ticket and you get it stamped at the clinic, at no cost etc. so its quite convenient for parking as even with the new parking meters parking there is a nitemare.
Latest post on 16 December 2011 - 08:58
Thank you BusyBee2, appreciate your numbers - always handy to have them close by. Have been fighting a tummy bug for a couple of days and was wondering who to call .. will keep these close by! Is the old Al Noor hospital the one in town (near BHS?). Would Ron do immunisations for kids? Thinking to get Meningitis C for the kids, and possibily myself as working with young kids in a school.
Latest post on 08 December 2011 - 09:38
GP/referrals etc : Ron Mcculloch (in old al noor building) 02 626 2677 ENT: Muhi al Khayat (803 next building) 02 633 1187 Dentist : British Dental Clinic (hamden st) Colum Boyce (or any of them there they are all good) 02 677 3308 Dental Surgeon Dr Shaikh (13th/2nd) 02 443 2209 OBGyn: Meltam Tank 02 6818161 anything else?
Latest post on 07 December 2011 - 20:55
Thanks girls, knew you'd all come through. We have health cards (insurance) but I wanted to know where expats went as word of mouth is the best option. We were given a list, but as newbies, this is pretty useless as I would prefer recommendations and then check if they are on the list. Busybee2, could you give me some numbers for your extensive list? Appreciate everything girls. Keep smiling
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 10:51
it depends on your insurance policy, you can ring them up and get a list of places, some will allow you to go anywhere by you will usually have to pay the first 20% etc, but for docs i would go to ron mcullough, al noor, skmc (in emergency) for dentist colum boyce british dental clinic for ent dr al khayat, even if they are not on your list and have to pay thats what we do. best to have someone that you can trust and pay other than going to a free one and they are awful.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 16:54
Ok, we are now here enjoying the AD life and would like to ask where do the expats go when they need Doctors, Dentists & Hospitals? Don't need their services right now, but good to have on hand!! Appreciate your comments/ recommendations. Keep smiling Through your private medical insurance there should be a list of Doctors you can go to that are covered by your insurance. Denstists usually aren't unless they have a plan. Most people find dentists through word of mouth ( excuse the pun)
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 16:51
i had to use a hospital this week and called an ambulance which took me to sheikh khalifa city hospital,they dont use my insurance compny so had to pay up front them claim but was cheap only 96dhs for the A&E and then the cost of prescriptions
Latest post on 03 December 2011 - 15:50
Sorry, still tryin to work this out myself. As everywhere is private I think you can pretty much chose any. Just wanted to post coz I know it's frustrating with this many views and no comments.. =)