DSF baby stuff savings? | ExpatWoman.com

DSF baby stuff savings?

Latest post on 26 November 2011 - 21:29

Hi, I'm just trying to work out when and where to get the bulk of my baby shopping done before little one arrives. There seems to be a few sales on here at the moment but I'm just wondering whether there are likely to be good savings in the shopping festival and if I should wait till then? Thinking of things like the car seat, nursery furniture, breast pump, monitor etc.

Otherwise I have a few visitors coming out from the UK in the next few weeks and can get them to bring some stuff out (although sadly they won't be able to hit the post christmas sales for me as the last ones leave the UK straight after Xmas!)

Latest post on 27 November 2011 - 18:52
Hi, I'm just trying to work out when and where to get the bulk of my baby shopping done before little one arrives. There seems to be a few sales on here at the moment but I'm just wondering whether there are likely to be good savings in the shopping festival and if I should wait till then? Thinking of things like the car seat, nursery furniture, breast pump, monitor etc. Otherwise I have a few visitors coming out from the UK in the next few weeks and can get them to bring some stuff out (although sadly they won't be able to hit the post christmas sales for me as the last ones leave the UK straight after Xmas!) baby shop is on sale now and the discount is as high as its likely to go in my experience. don't think it'll get any cheaper during dsf. they stock a lot of the larger electronics you're looking for. some not as cheap as the UK or the US but if you factor in shipping the deals are better on sale here. since you have people coming out it might be worth a visit to baby shop to compare. i personally don't love the furniture at baby shop but got a lot of other things there - most of the items you mention as well as now a lot of toys for the upcoming months: bouncers/walkers/bumbo type stuff. furniture i got at pottery barn. spent a bit coz like you this is my first and we wanted to indulge plus we'd got a lot on sale/as gifts/shipped here so i thought i could indulge here. hope that helps and happy shopping!
Latest post on 27 November 2011 - 16:14
Have sent you an email Thank you! :)
Latest post on 27 November 2011 - 15:27
Have sent you an email
Latest post on 27 November 2011 - 01:44
DXB Chica, I know the desire to buy new and *the best* for your first baby, but once baby arrives, life will get so much more expensive. Only you need to know that you were smart and bought that quality crib and change table at nearly half the retail price charged by Mothercare/ Mamas&Papas/ etc. Believe me, you will want to have money stashed away for quality baby shoes. It continues to shock me just how expensive they are! And if you plan to breastfeed, great quality nursing bras like Elle Macpherson and Bravado are US$50 each. I would prefer to buy those brand-new! A 36-ct box of Pigeon breast pads is now Dhs 39 at Union Co-op (cheapest price). To answer your original question, Mothercare does a good sale during DSF on most items (this is their fall/winter stock clearance event, prices could be higher than UK post Xmas sales) but I found they only included the cheapie furniture and strollers. Best place to get the breast pump and monitor if your UK relatives cannot bring is Babyshop sale 1 month before DSF, which means a minimum 20% discount on EVERYTHING in the store (great time to stock up on pacifiers, bottle nipples, bottles, steam sterilizer, etc) but I think Boots (UK) has better prices on Medela breast pumps. <em>edited by Apricot on 27/11/2011</em>
Latest post on 26 November 2011 - 22:25
Thanks princesses4 but as its our first baby we're planning to buy mostly new stuff and then hopefully also use it in the future if we are blessed with more!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY