Your favorite brunch for Xmas? | ExpatWoman.com

Your favorite brunch for Xmas?

Latest post on 27 November 2011 - 11:46

totally too many to choose from

but id like to have santa and christmas menu there......maybe music

I know Al Qasr is booked.....THANKS

Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 11:34
I'm looking for a Xmas Day Brunch too. Sofitel Downtown are doing one and it sounds pretty good. Anyone been to their poolside Brunch recently?
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 15:12
I'm resurrecting this one - did anyone go for Christmas Brunch in Dec 2013? If so how was it? I'm looking for a venue for this year. Thank you. I didn't but if I was to stay here I would do either: The Ivy or Reform :) HTH We did The Ivy a few years ago and it was excellent, this year we are trying Reform :)
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 15:10
Thank you everyone. I must admit I have been looking at the Ivy...but there's no view and I've got the MIL coming over. I've done the Ivy on Christmas Day and it was fantastic. The staff, the service, the food were all excellent.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:54
Bab Al Shams Raffles Zabeel Saray Al Qasr I would get booking as they get booked up quickly
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:49
Stuck in Dubai this year for Christmas as will be 9 months pregnant and can't fathom hosting! ... any other recommendations for a really 'christmasy' brunch greatly appreciated.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 21:27
Thank you everyone. I must admit I have been looking at the Ivy...but there's no view and I've got the MIL coming over. Friends in 2012 did christmas at rivington grill at souk Al bahar :) you've definitely got the view!
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 21:10
Thank you everyone. I must admit I have been looking at the Ivy...but there's no view and I've got the MIL coming over.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 20:45
I'm resurrecting this one - did anyone go for Christmas Brunch in Dec 2013? If so how was it? I'm looking for a venue for this year. Thank you. I didn't but if I was to stay here I would do either: The Ivy or Reform :) HTH
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 13:27
We are also booked to go to Bab Al Shams for Christmas Brunch. I thought the menu looked great. As long as there is turkey I am there! We went at Easter for their Easter Brunch and it was stunning. They went all out with decorations and did so much for the kids. So I am imagining their Christmas brunch will be just as good, if not better. Our mouths gaped open when we saw the desert room! Sometimes it is hard to imagine the whole atmosphere from looking at a menu :) We didn't know that Santa would arrive across the sand dunes on a camel - you wait - your kids eyes will pop out! Don't tell them before - it was magical! Just remembered..... last year bab al shams was in the Jumeirah group so that's what we experienced.....you might want to check with the new Meydan group who now run the hotel that they will be doing the same...... edited by Clairehdp on 01/12/2011 Irish village
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 22:17
I have heard the Meydan hotel one is lovely from friends.
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 22:13
I'm resurrecting this one - did anyone go for Christmas Brunch in Dec 2013? If so how was it? I'm looking for a venue for this year. Thank you.
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 13:56
Sorry Kathyt by 'me three' I meant me too, as in you also made me feel better :)
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 13:38
Not done either for Xmas so can't help fraid. Maybe someone else can. Check with each to gauge the emphasis what stuff they do for the kids.
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 13:27
me three Kathyt!
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 13:25
We went there last Xmas and I recall paying about 650 for the adults. Can't recall the kids prices. They have clearly changed their policy and pricing as we took our 3 year old and 8 year old. If it is any consolation, though, we were thoroughly disappointed. Food promised much but was pretty average. Cheese selection was covered in flies and cold meats sat uncovered all day. No champagne in sight only fizzy alternative. Worst thing was that I ate something bad ( could've been the horribly salty lobster tail) and was really unwell for the rest of the day. Not to be repeated for us. I hear the westin is much, much better and the zabeel is a gorgeous hotel with wonderful restaurants so sounds like a good bet too. Strange about the kids tho as surely its all about them?! Good luck. We have to decide between the Zabeel and the Westin. Havent been to either previously for Christmas brunch. Which one is more suited to kids?? It is all about them, too true!
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 13:24
your post does make me feel better kathyt ...
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 13:06
We went there last Xmas and I recall paying about 650 for the adults. Can't recall the kids prices. They have clearly changed their policy and pricing as we took our 3 year old and 8 year old. If it is any consolation, though, we were thoroughly disappointed. Food promised much but was pretty average. Cheese selection was covered in flies and cold meats sat uncovered all day. No champagne in sight only fizzy alternative. Worst thing was that I ate something bad ( could've been the horribly salty lobster tail) and was really unwell for the rest of the day. Not to be repeated for us. I hear the westin is much, much better and the zabeel is a gorgeous hotel with wonderful restaurants so sounds like a good bet too. Strange about the kids tho as surely its all about them?! Good luck.
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 13:01
Oh aevans_indubai, I am sorry to hear this and thank you for sharing, the reason why I posted my post because I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue, and whaddya know! Same issue, same story. I totally understand and agree with you- it has been absolutely wrong the way everything has been handled and I am sorry that you have also gone through this. They need to train the staff better and know how to handle customers effectively and efficiently, for a 5 star establishment it is just not ron. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and take care :)
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 12:11
So annoyed and upset by the RITZ CARLTON AT JUMERIAH BEACH We too had a booking for 6 adults and 4 kids (booked months ago) and their F&B Manager sent an email after I provided all my credit card details .... sorry - we CAN NO LONGER confirm children. I even offered to pay full price for the children - but she then she changed her story and said they had no space 'anymore for children' was her exact statement. 6 adults paying 945 AED per head and they had no space for 4 children @ 270 each?? Was so disappointed and so upset as we too had family arriving from Australia. I literally begged for a table - and was just told 'no children under 5'. It ruined everything about our christmas planning, and I am still very upset about the way they treated us. I had no problem paying up front for all of us and offered that as an option as well. I would not go there now if they offered the whole lunch for free. They treated us (and it seems the majority of people) appallingly. I have also cancelled a baby shower I had planned to hold there for a work colleague next month, and will never go back there. We live locally, and as a large family were frequent visitors to their F&B venues, and not only that when family came to stay in Dubai they always stay at the Ritz given it's location is so convenient to our home. The best thing about living in Dubai is that we are spoilt for choice, and given there are at least 10 5 star hotels within 1km from the Ritz - there is no reason to go there for anything if that is the way they treat people. edited to remove bold... <em>edited by aevans_indubai on 06/11/2012</em>
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 11:14
Well I just recieved a phone call from one of the Senior Directors of the Ritz and now it's all sorted. Now I just need to decide on the Ritz or Zabeel. Weird that I receive a phone call 15 mins after my post on Expat women. See karabalta, persistence is key, plus they have upgraded us with bubbles as a token of the horrible customer service I have experienced! :)
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 10:52
C&P that sounds good at Jumeriah Zabeel Saray - now I need to figure out what OH wants to do for Christmas ... I'd love to be here one year - I love warm Christmases :)
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 10:43
maybe you are right karabalta, however as a potential customer the service has been wrong for a 5 star establishment, my booking was worth over 10,000.00 dizzers to them all I'm doing is putting it out there- I will not just sit back and let them treat me like **** just because they are the 'Ritz' and they think they can treat people how they see fit, it doesn't work like that but it does - as stated by you; it has made no difference to them, and they are still fully booked.
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 10:35
maybe you are right karabalta, however as a potential customer the service has been wrong for a 5 star establishment, my booking was worth over 10,000.00 dizzers to them all I'm doing is putting it out there- I will not just sit back and let them treat me like **** just because they are the 'Ritz' and they think they can treat people how they see fit, it doesn't work like that
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 10:24
So the story continues- my brother-in-law from Australia sent an email requesting to make a booking for 10 adults and 4 children for the Ritz Carlton Xmas brunch, and guess what-by a simple prompt reply from the Ritz, they confirmed his booking! The audacity! 6 months with my name on the wait list obviously means zero. To make matters worse, I have [b'>made complaint after complaint after complaint[/b'> and not one Senior Manager or the General Manager of the Ritz have had the common courtesy to call me to discuss this, the sheer arrogance wafting from this hotel is disgusting and I will never step foot in that establishment again! Seriously over it! Goodbye Ritz Carlton JBR and HELLO Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Palm Jumeirah Christmas Day Brunch –which actually is a saving of 400 dizzers per adult with French bubbles! Shame on you Ritz Carlton! umm; maybe that's the reason that they have not confirmed you..... :)
Latest post on 06 November 2012 - 10:14
So the story continues- my brother-in-law from Australia sent an email requesting to make a booking for 10 adults and 4 children for the Ritz Carlton Xmas brunch, and guess what-by a simple prompt reply from the Ritz, they confirmed his booking! The audacity! 6 months with my name on the wait list obviously means zero. To make matters worse, I have made complaint after complaint after complaint and not one Senior Manager or the General Manager of the Ritz have had the common courtesy to call me to discuss this, the sheer arrogance wafting from this hotel is disgusting and I will never step foot in that establishment again! Seriously over it! Goodbye Ritz Carlton JBR and HELLO Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Palm Jumeirah Christmas Day Brunch –which actually is a saving of 400 dizzers per adult with French bubbles! Shame on you Ritz Carlton!
Latest post on 05 November 2012 - 19:21
Raffles are doing Xmas brunch with loads of activities for children (and adults alike). Those who went to the jubilee celebrations......... - expect everything you could want for christmas, and more !1
Latest post on 05 November 2012 - 10:56
Just seen this, for people looking for options: http://www.meydanhotels.com/meydan/festive.htm
Latest post on 30 October 2012 - 16:36
Appreciate your feedback DubaiCat, Cherry ripe and simpleasabc! ;o)
Latest post on 30 October 2012 - 15:58
That sounds really weird, CAP, and not acceptable at all! If you have no luck with the Ritz I can recommend Arabian Ranches golf club - we went last year and it was brilliant. Great food, speedy service and a lovely atmosphere. The only downside this year is that booze isn't included but the way some diners were stockpiling last year, I'm not surprised.
Latest post on 30 October 2012 - 12:50
Zabeel saray have lots of dining options and were very quick to respond to emails.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY