Tips 'n' Toes nasty nail varnish | ExpatWoman.com

Tips 'n' Toes nasty nail varnish

Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 13:01
Stopped going to Tips & Toes aaaaaages ago for the same reasons as many already addressed: poor service/attitude including the area manager who, when I complained said: 'we have received an award for the best nail spa and have many happy customers'. Well, unless you are ready to listen to your customers you will never know you have (many) unhappy (now) ex-customers. Moved to NBar around the corner who have fab, professional and properly trained staff and use good quality products. Saying that you go there because it is convenient does not make any sense - if you are not happy, leave. We are in the land where there is a nail bar around every corner.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 12:43
Thanks for your response, Mandy. Do they change the Dubai-names for France and Germany? I have to say, my nailpolish on more than one occasion has rubbed off. I couldn't figure out where the red smears were coming from - but then I realized it was the same unique color as my nails! Finally, is the Tito owned by the same group as Tips and Toes?
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 12:34
I will go through the list one by one: 1) Why is Tito very watery? - This is because Tito was designed predominantly for this region and thick nail varnishes take too long to dry because of the heat and the high level of humidity. They may dry on the surface but the core does not dry properly unless you sit under the dryer for 10 - 20 minutes. Hence we have choosen a slightly thinner professional formulea to cater for this climate and to cut down the drying time for the clients. 2) Smeary/rubbing away?! - Unfortunately i can not answer that since this is the first time i have heard of a dry nail varnish rubbing away the next day. However i will look into this matter further. 3) Tito is manufactured in France by one of the leading manufacturers in the this industry and Tips and Toes, as well as other salons and spas in the UAE, Germany, France and very soon Kuwait are supplied Tito by us. With regards to the comments about Tips & Toes please note that i am not in any position to reply on their behalf so kindly contact them directly. I hope i have answered your questions. If there is anything else you like me to clarify please let me know.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 11:59
Anyone else find their new brand, Tito. very watery and smeary? The last manicure and pedicure I had there started wearing off (not chipping, literally just rubbing away) so badly after a day or so - just before a holiday - that I had to buy the bottle to keep it touched up through the holiday. I complained to the area manager and got a pretty naff response! She offered me a free touch-up next time - which is a free service anyway! Won't be going back there until they return to Essie (although the area manager also said Tito is a related brand, huh?!) - much happier with NBar in Ibn Battuta! Seems quite precise really.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 11:57
Kindly be more precise about what issues of the nail varnish you like me to address and i will be happy to do so. Thank you.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 11:55
Mandy D, what is the answer?
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 11:43
Hello Ladies, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Mandy and i am the Brand & Sales Manager for Tito. My e mail address is: [email protected] and i will be more than happy to answer any questions, queries or complaints that you may have. I look forward to your comments. edited by Mandy D on 05/12/2011 Perhaps address the issue of the nail varnish here rather than expecting customers to email you..... maybe a good bit of customer service - No?
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 11:28
Hello Ladies, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Mandy and i am the Brand & Sales Manager for Tito. My e mail address is: [email protected] and i will be more than happy to answer any questions, queries or complaints that you may have. I look forward to your comments. <em>edited by Mandy D on 05/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 17:30
What I dont understand is that one pays so much for a mani & pedi & then has to carry ones own expensive Nail Polish for the colour to last!!!! I too dont like Tito brand and think Tips & Toes is just opting for a cheaper option as compared with Essie & Opi. As someone said one should just stop going there, but its the closest & most convinient option. You don't think tito is Tips and Toes' own brand? Ti - To? With the Dubai names, I was sure the woman who owns T&T decided it would be more profitable to do her own, cheap, watery nailpolish than to pay for decent stuff!!! Where is the "Like" button
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 17:29
Anyone else find their new brand, Tito. very watery and smeary? The last manicure and pedicure I had there started wearing off (not chipping, literally just rubbing away) so badly after a day or so - just before a holiday - that I had to buy the bottle to keep it touched up through the holiday. I complained to the area manager and got a pretty naff response! She offered me a free touch-up next time - which is a free service anyway! Won't be going back there until they return to Essie (although the area manager also said Tito is a related brand, huh?!) - much happier with NBar in Ibn Battuta! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought the same last time. Started chipping after a few HOURS!!!!
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 16:36
Because ladies, you need to hire a maid to do the dishes if you want to keep your nail polish intact, hehe :)
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 16:25
Thank you October for being there....I thought I was the only one to whom the varnish doesn' t last more than 2 days before being damaged... How do you manage to keep your nail polish on your natural nails for 3 weeks ??? I never managed to reach a week myself....
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 16:16
correct me if I'm wrong, isn't leaving nail varnish on your nails for too long bad for them? I keep mine on for max 2 weeks after a pedicure then dare to bare for a bit to get some air to my nails. A mani never lasts longer than 3 days before it starts to chip /flake wherever I get it done.
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 16:14
Exactly what I thought, too, about how Tito came to be and came to be stocked there! Don't get me wrong, I think the staff are lovely and it's super-convenient - but I wouldn't get a mani done more than once every three weeks so this nail varnish is no use to me. And I agree that I expect the nail varnish cost to be covered within the manicure!
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 16:13
their choice of colors isn't very good, but I like Zen Asia Spa in JLT. Very good!
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 15:49
One of the main reasons I take my own nail varnish is that I can then use it to touch up inbetween times as I only go about every 6 weeks for a pedicure so I just paint in more varnish as my nails grow. ;)
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 15:19
What I dont understand is that one pays so much for a mani & pedi & then has to carry ones own expensive Nail Polish for the colour to last!!!! I too dont like Tito brand and think Tips & Toes is just opting for a cheaper option as compared with Essie & Opi. As someone said one should just stop going there, but its the closest & most convinient option. You don't think tito is Tips and Toes' own brand? Ti - To? With the Dubai names, I was sure the woman who owns T&T decided it would be more profitable to do her own, cheap, watery nailpolish than to pay for decent stuff!!!
Latest post on 04 December 2011 - 14:00
What I dont understand is that one pays so much for a mani & pedi & then has to carry ones own expensive Nail Polish for the colour to last!!!! I too dont like Tito brand and think Tips & Toes is just opting for a cheaper option as compared with Essie & Opi. As someone said one should just stop going there, but its the closest & most convinient option.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 19:02
Their nail varnish never lasts more than a week. I go to the Cure in Media City where they stock Opi and Essie and that lasts around 3 weeks wear. My friend takes her own Chanel nail varnish and says that has very long lasting power, but expensive to buy.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:54
I do enjoy the loud Xmas carrolls @ Tips & Toes! I am not too crazy with their nail polish though, because I find it very limited in terms of colors. My 2 cents! :)
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:31
I went there for the first time today for a gelish mani/pedi and found them lovely. The girls were happily chatting away - no issues at all.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 16:43
I have been using the one at the Greens for years and have never had any problems.. No smeary toes or rude staff. I sat with them last night having my mani/pedi chatting away and singing Xmas songs
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 16:38
Why do people still go there? Everytime I read a thread about that establishment its about their bad service,bad hygiene etc. etc. Are people suckers for punishment? There are so many great salons out there.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 15:41
I always take my own Opi nail varnish with me.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 14:46
I can't say I have ever had a problem with the Tito range, although I only use it for pedicures as I prefer Gelish manicures.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 13:33
That's the answer I gave the area manager too! Unsurprisingly no response to that!
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 13:26
Anyone else find their new brand, Tito. very watery and smeary? The last manicure and pedicure I had there started wearing off (not chipping, literally just rubbing away) so badly after a day or so - just before a holiday - that [b'>I had to buy the bottle [/b'>to keep it touched up through the holiday. I complained to the area manager and got a pretty naff response! She offered me a free touch-up next time - which is a free service anyway! Won't be going back there until they return to Essie (although the area manager also said Tito is a related brand, huh?!) - much happier with NBar in Ibn Battuta! There's your answer lol
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 13:24
Anyone else find their new brand, Tito. very watery and smeary? The last manicure and pedicure I had there started wearing off (not chipping, literally just rubbing away) so badly after a day or so - just before a holiday - that I had to buy the bottle to keep it touched up through the holiday. I complained to the area manager and got a pretty naff response! She offered me a free touch-up next time - which is a free service anyway! Won't be going back there until they return to Essie (although the area manager also said Tito is a related brand, huh?!) - much happier with NBar in Ibn Battuta!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY