Is fast food the greatest enemy of obesity? Or something else too? | ExpatWoman.com

Is fast food the greatest enemy of obesity? Or something else too?

Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:03

Just wanted different opinionspls

Latest post on 01 December 2011 - 01:02
it's here !!!!!!
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 21:18
Its a myth that people who are overweight spend all their time scoffing junk/fast food. It was something I never touched. I dont go along with it being down to ignorance of nutrition or lack of motivation either. Some of the overweight people I knew, inculding myself, knew as much about nutrition as a nutritionist does. MY problem arose from eating large quantites of very healthy food. It was never about the quality of what was going in my gob. It was always the quantity. As for lack of motivation - I think its more pertinent to find out what is causing the apparent lack of motivation. People are overweight for a whole host of reasons. Stereotyping doesnt help. I completely agree - for me it was portion size too, never touched fried or 'junk' food. Learned to reduce what I was eating and spread it over 5 meals rather than 3, plus the support that motivated me to keep going! Lack of nutritional knowledge doesn't just mean not knowing what to put in your mouth (or not), but also what quantities of all the macro and micro nutrients your individual body needs - we're all different. <em>edited by pinks on 30/11/2011</em>
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 19:58
Naveen - here it is.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:44
I think that obesity in multifactorial.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:43
You may want to watch the china study to understand a bit about healthy nutrition
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:39
Its a myth that people who are overweight spend all their time scoffing junk/fast food. It was something I never touched. I dont go along with it being down to ignorance of nutrition or lack of motivation either. Some of the overweight people I knew, inculding myself, knew as much about nutrition as a nutritionist does. MY problem arose from eating large quantites of very healthy food. It was never about the quality of what was going in my gob. It was always the quantity. As for lack of motivation - I think its more pertinent to find out what is causing the apparent lack of motivation. People are overweight for a whole host of reasons. Stereotyping doesnt help. So is there a possibility that it is genetic? I dont know the answer to that tho recent studies have shown there is a gene that causes people to be more prone to being overweight than others. I'm not really good at understand things like that tho. People do say that being overweight runs in families but I think its because eating/cooking habits can be passed down through families and if parents are overweight there is more chance the children will be from an early age. But then there are those who are overweight because of what goes on in their heart and their head and I think this is where the people go wrong when they say if a person really does want to lose weight they will. Its not always that easy and its why professionals really do have to treat the person as a whole person and not just as someone who's eaten too many pies and needs to stop.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:29
Its a myth that people who are overweight spend all their time scoffing junk/fast food. It was something I never touched. I dont go along with it being down to ignorance of nutrition or lack of motivation either. Some of the overweight people I knew, inculding myself, knew as much about nutrition as a nutritionist does. MY problem arose from eating large quantites of very healthy food. It was never about the quality of what was going in my gob. It was always the quantity. As for lack of motivation - I think its more pertinent to find out what is causing the apparent lack of motivation. People are overweight for a whole host of reasons. Stereotyping doesnt help. So is there a possibility that it is genetic?
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:27
I think education is a major factor - Its took me 39 years to get this big and two little days with a high impact circuit training and a massive kick up the jacksey to realise its Quality and Quantity without burning anything off .. I eat healthily - seriously healthily - but I eat too much ..
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:25
Thnx a lot pinks that was really helpful. Since you are doing the study on thus right now, can you pls tell me what are the food or oroducts that cause obesity.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:23
Its a myth that people who are overweight spend all their time scoffing junk/fast food. It was something I never touched. I dont go along with it being down to ignorance of nutrition or lack of motivation either. Some of the overweight people I knew, inculding myself, knew as much about nutrition as a nutritionist does. MY problem arose from eating large quantites of very healthy food. It was never about the quality of what was going in my gob. It was always the quantity. As for lack of motivation - I think its more pertinent to find out what is causing the apparent lack of motivation. People are overweight for a whole host of reasons. Stereotyping doesnt help.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:15
I'm currently studying obesity (OU course), and it's currently reinforcing my previously held theories that it's predominantly ignorance of nutrition and lack of motivation. I've come across many people who don't know what good nutrition is, and don't know the difference between energy dense foods and the alternatives. With motivation, I think most people know that to be in what's called an "energy negative state", i.e. losing weight, you very simply have to put less energy into your body than you are expending. I'll get shot down for saying this (but as someone who lost 15kg since being in Dubai and kept it off for 2 years I feel I can!) but f you REALLY want to lose weight then you can, but you do need education and lots and lots of support.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:08
Lol..u pointed out just right. Health is supposed to be fast food's enemy.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 18:07
enemy.... think they are friends aren't they?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY