Grrr- Vouchers & Business Cheating PPl | ExpatWoman.com

Grrr- Vouchers & Business Cheating PPl

Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 14:52

GRRRRRRRR

So i thought i was breing really clever- i got 2 vouchers on Nail that deal website for a facial and mani pedi at home, for about 150each. So its perfect for when my mum comes out at Xmas time. I called and they said they can do 2 at a time before i purchased it. So i bought it last week. called to book it today for the 29th Dec or any time between the 23-1st ..... and told NO SPACE!!!!! BUT she said, she can squeeze me in for a facial and mani pedi for 200dh tho on the date i want... HUH???? i said, thats what i have, in a voucher, ''oh no, there are no more voucher spaces, need to make room for paying customers''..... WTF!!!!!

So, they refuse to accept my voucher in this period, and if i want this for my mom, then i have pay 200dh per person. Ultimatly il have paid for two times more than i shoudl have, and il be left with 2 vouchers when my mum goes home!! WTF.

I called around other places like this, to get prices and no where can i get what my mom wants so my hands are tied. IM LIVID. AGHHHHHHH

Feel like i just had this business stick their hands in my purse and STEAL MY MONEY.

Ofcourse, i can just not do the treatments but i want to treat my mom to be spoiled when she is here and i cant really afford to bring her to a posh hotel spa so......

just GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Latest post on 07 December 2011 - 11:03
LOL Zombie..... hmmmm, that was a very positive post. As i said in my posts, nail the deal have been so helpful and got back to me fast and are trying to get it sorted it out, its the awful bi*ch wokring in Head 2 toe who is causing the issues,refusing to give a refund, saying there arent any avail appts, but yet there are if i pay in cash but not use my voucher etc etc. That is the main issue here! I have no issue with N the D, its the damn vendor. They have done their best but they cant force her to give me a refund and i can only wait and see if they accept my voucher when the time comes etc. anyway glad to see you are so pro N the D :) and you had a good experience, ive never once had a bad experience with a voucher on any site until now. Oh well. C'est la vie
Latest post on 07 December 2011 - 10:51
I purchased the same coupons from the Nail the Deal for Head 2 Toe, but I already used my coupons and did not have any issue, I always buy from Nail the Deal, so far have not had any issues, maybe the vendor Is truly busy as this is the Christmas season, I am sure the Nail the Deal guys can help you out, I also had a problem with a vendor that I bought from them at the Mega Sun lounge , actually my voucher expired, I spoke to them and got it sorted, they are very helpful and trustworthy deal website, and they have pretty awesome ladies deal every week, so, I don’t think it’s the site fall probably the vendor issue Anyway, hope all will be ok with you
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 19:53
wow....how awful. I would ask for money back. This is an everyday occurrence...I think it is time to stop going for deals. Y'all know they are too good to be true. Well there will always be good and bad offers, unfortunately. For me, I've dealt with gonabit, groupon and dealgobbler and haven't had any problems. I had one problem with Cobone but the problem wasn't with the spa, it was with their customer service and me getting the vouchers so i don't deal with them anymore. If it weren't for these sites, I wouldn't afford a Brazilian keratin every 3 months at less than 500! :) Although i always do my research about the salon first from online forums like EW.
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 16:36
IAMVP , i did request my money back and she has refused! :( Nightmare i swear. No more vouchers for me, i have learned my lesson and so has my wallet. boo hoo The Economic Dept would get your money back for you......try it.
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 16:26
IAMVP , i did request my money back and she has refused! :( Nightmare i swear. No more vouchers for me, i have learned my lesson and so has my wallet. boo hoo
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 16:04
wow....how awful. I would ask for money back. This is an everyday occurrence...I think it is time to stop going for deals. Y'all know they are too good to be true.
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 15:29
Just call the police if she wont accept it...... she has to.
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 15:27
Well, the lady in the company, i have no shame, i am going to shame her- its Head2toe based out of JBR, so she is being ignorant to Nail the deal people, refusing to give me a refund, refusing to budge on making me pay for my appt instead of using my voucher etc. Nail the deal ppl say not to pay, to hand over the voucher, that we have given them enough hassle that she has to accept it etc. But im not satisfied, what a WAGON of a woman, she even shouted at the Nail the deal ppl ( so the very nice customer service woman told me). Some people are just so ignorant. Now im grumpy again.... Well i shall keep my appt, and hand over my voucher and thats it- hopefully she doesnt put some poison in the nail polish tho :\:
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 13:51
Thanks, will let you know what the end result is!! Ive booked loads of these vouchers and NEVER once had a problem, which makes me more upset. Oh well, moan over! Hopefully it will work out- the lady from the company got back to me super fast so fingers crossed she can kick some a**. :\: Enjoy your horse riding! <em>edited by Freckly on 06/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 13:49
Good luck..... I have booked a deal with Yellow banana and so far had no problems with using it - it was for a course of horse riding lessons - so feeling a bit guilty of inflicting myself on a poor horse!!!
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 13:46
Well, i made a booking for an appt- but she insists i pay cash, so i made the booking anway. Then i called up the Nail the deal people to complain, and fair play, they got back to me within 2 hours and have called the company and are getting back to me. They said it doesnt sound right, so they will have an answer for me by end of today~!!! Lets see......
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 13:20
i dun buy vouchers but when i do hv any of it, I'd never mentioned until the time I want to pay. I suggest you call and make appt. as normal. they come do the job and give vouchers when you finishes with the mani/pedi. What kind of 'trouble' can the girl gets when YOU are the one bought those vouchers and not to be troubled their 'jobsworthy' . You have 2 vouchers and that's that. Even if 1 girl come in, enjoy your day! make it look and feel like a cosy spa,candles,nice tea,biscuits etc...
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 12:59
Did you manage to book an appointment?
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 12:48
Yes, that's the point of it. It's all about marketing, making people feel that they need to buy the item because of the discount. I once bought a car detailing voucher and my car was brand new at that time. I know... what was I thinking? The discount was too good though so I ended up giving it to a friend.
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 08:51
Oh ziii i feel your paiun. Yeah i have the entertainer book, but its still expensive for 3 of us, in comparison to this deal. Oh well.... lesson learned. I have contacted the deal company and see what they have to say.... I told my hubbie what happened and suprise suprise, got a lecture from him bout buying these things and ensuring they are ok first, yada yada yada, so that was about as helpful as a kick in the head. So needless to say, my black mood continued on into the evening! Husbands- will they ever learn whats the right thing to say :(
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 00:18
We bought a voucher for a hotel booking 4 weeks back which says valid over weekends and valid only till end of December and guess what?? we called the next day and they said fully booked!!!!!! the company itself is trying to sort it out but i really feel like I want my money back and I DONT want to buy any of these vouchers any more.... It is just a way of spending money on things that you wouldn't have spent the money in.... they make u feel that "you are saving" but in fact you r spending on what you wouldnt have spent!!
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 22:37
Have you had a look in the Emtertainer Body book? Loads of great places and offers in there. Lasts till April off the top of my head.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 15:42
Best thing is to call the "Deal" company (livingsocial, groupon, cobone, dealglobber) and ask them to sort it out. Happened to me once and the company sorted it out for me.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 15:30
Well it sounds like they are in the wrong. Take it further. THey are cheating the public.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 15:24
Thats exactly what i did, i called up first, said i had the voucher, wanted it for these dates for 2 ppl together, so they would need to send 2 women at one time etc, they said no problem madam. So then i went online, saw there were no exclusion dates, bought it. nd now this woman is saying they wont accept it. I thougth about when she comes to do the facial, to hand over the voucher only but dont want the girl working to get in trouble tho either.... I dont know. I did everythting right, and in advance to make sure it wasnt dodgy yet they still screwed me. Im so annoyed at myself too for being greedy at getting a discount too. AGHH :(
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 15:14
That's a brilliant idea abby_n_christina! I'm going to remember that one for future use!
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 15:13
before buying any voucher online (through gonabit, groupon, etc.) i always call the company advertised and pretend i already have the voucher and see what their reaction/treatment is like... only if i'm okay with it do i go ahead and purchase the same...
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 15:09
If there are not any exclusion dates on the vouchers (as in terms and conditions which you agreed to when buying the vouchers) so just book the treatment for that date. If you don't have to tell them its a voucher payment prior, then don't. If they refuse, then take it to the Consumer Department or the company that sold you the voucher (deal website). Unless its for a very well known company, avoid any internet voucher 'deals'. I've heard of so many similar stores to yourself mainly with salons but also some restaurants. Too many dodgy places out there.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY