Recommendations needed for: Gel Nails/Evening Bags | ExpatWoman.com

Recommendations needed for: Gel Nails/Evening Bags

Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:18

I have to attend a formal wedding and will be travelling on Friday.

First:
I need to get my nails done. I hate the thought of gel nails, or any other kind of glue ons, but I have no choice (more than likely will have them removed when I return to Dubai). I was thinking of going to Sisters, but if someone has a recommendation based on their own experience, could you please let me know?

Second:
I was all over Ibn Battuta Mall today and pretty much Mall of the Emirates looking for a clutch/evening bag that has a blend of colors using beads or stones, if that is possible. My dress is plum, on the light side. I haven't worn heels in years and found that I can no longer walk in them!!!! I was like a child walking around with mommy's shoes on!!! So, I have two pair of shoes - kitten heels - one pair is a medium steel grey and the other is an very odd deep reddish color (kind of like dried blood, but without the brown??) , and they both go with the dress, so I thought an evening bag with a mixture of colors could work. I have a pair of beautiful black ballet shoes, but I really don't want to go with black accessories, or wear flats with the gown,although they wouldn't be seem.

Can anyone recommend a store that carries a good selection of evening bags?

All recommendations are appreciated.

TIA

Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 16:33
If you just want something temporary for your nails, I have the Biosculpture Everlasting Manicure done at Nail Spa at Dubai Mall. You can have French or a colour done. The gel is put over your nail with no filing and then they just take it off when you want them re-doing or removing. Your nails are not damaged at all.
Latest post on 06 December 2011 - 11:01
Crystil, she does the gel well, but watch the nail varnish, it chips and wipes off very quickly. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll bring my own.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 21:59
Crystil, she does the gel well, but watch the nail varnish, it chips and wipes off very quickly.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 21:09
Tips and Toes in the Meadows also do gelish. Just watch with actual gels and tips if you only intend to have them on a short time, as they absolutely destroy your nails because they file them right down. Mine have just taken weeks to grow back out.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 21:03
Chi Spa in Motor City is great for Gelish nails (if that is the same thing!). Lovely ladies who work there and a relaxing place to go.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:59
I dont have them anymore but i used to get my gel nails done at n style in moe they were by far the nicest most natural looking i ever had done.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:52
Thank you both ladies. I will go on your recommendation SasABC and make an appointment. Will call about the evening bags tomorrow. Maybe they do home service??? Again, thank you.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:49
They are gorgeous, aren't they? I have two which were my Christmas pressie to myself last year and I absolutely love them and although they don't hold much - phone and lippy is about all - they are worth it!!! Their number is on the website and I don't think they have a shop but give them a buzz and I am sure they will sort something out for you as they are lovely people!
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:34
Ashes, those are beautiful. They're not in the least bit "me", as they're far too dainty, but I'd love to be able to carry them off, so to speak. Drool. Crystil, have you tried Chris at Essential Beauty Salon on the Al Wasl Road? 04 395 5909. Tell her exactly what you want, and she'll do it.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:32
Hi Crystal, for bags I would recommend the Tilly and Pinch range (www.tillyandpinch.com) - they are gorgeous and I love using mine. They have a wide range and you can see them all on line and I am sure that if you give them a call, they will either deliver or you will be able to collect. Can't help on the nails but hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding. Come over here you and let me give you a big hug!!!! They are beautiful!!! Do you know where they are located? If not, no problem, I'll call them. I'll head out there tomorrow. Thank you so, so much.
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:25
Hi Crystal, for bags I would recommend the Tilly and Pinch range (www.tillyandpinch.com) - they are gorgeous and I love using mine. They have a wide range and you can see them all on line and I am sure that if you give them a call, they will either deliver or you will be able to collect. Can't help on the nails but hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY