Reasonable & Recommended local removal companies | ExpatWoman.com

Reasonable & Recommended local removal companies

Latest post on 18 April 2013 - 14:49
If anyone is still looking, I would highly recommend Carolyn King from Al Futtaim logistics We used them last year to move apartments and were extremely satisfied with their work.
Latest post on 31 March 2013 - 11:37
I am not sure how i missed the 2 reviews below, and i wish i had as they were an absolute disaster, breaking furniture, refusing to accept responsibility, and being incompetent overall. They, or at least the ones that came to us, were porters, not carpenters or whatever they were claiming to be. This explained why they were unable to use electric tools for dismantling and assembling furniture. And of course, what happened was that a few hours after they left, a large door of a cabinet fell off by itself from 2 foot high, and could have easily injured people standing near it. Their response: "oh, this must have been damaged before, otherwise why will it fall off?" erm, maybe because you were so imcompetent that you wanted to use a small screwdriver to reassemble 6 door cabinets ? They broke 2 handles of the same glass cabinet and had the gall to say "this broke by itself, not our fault" The washing machine sprayed water all over when they had finished "installing" it. And the icing on the cake was they were unable to move a large cabinet claiming it would not fit in the lift. An actual carpenter who came later fitted it easily by removing the corners. But of course if you have small screwdrivers, you will not be able to do it. So we lost the entire value of the cabinet as it was sold for a dirt cheap price.
Latest post on 15 March 2013 - 19:31
my recent experience with Fly Movers was similar to aurinko. Their quote was very reasonable and the were very professional in how they quoted. They promised that yes they could do it in one day and that everything would be unpacked and re-installed at the new house. they said they were experts at putting stuff back together. Well.....it wasn't. They arrived on time with about 8 guys but it took them ages to get going. The second truck didn't arrive at the new house until about 6 pm. they only just got the 3 beds together by the time it was bedtime for the kids. and this was with me and the agency maid helping them. They then said they would come back the next day and finish the installation of curtains etc which they had included in writing in the quote. the next day after about 5 phonecalls two particularly useless men turned up and took about 6 hours to install 4 sets of curtains. i kid you not! and then they had the cheek to ask for extra payment. well I went ballistic at them!!!! They did not unpack a single box, did not rehang anything but the curtains. We then had to do it all ourselves over the next few days. I would not recommend at all.
Latest post on 15 March 2013 - 16:46
I recommend Euro Movers International , tel. 043403920 , we used them 1 year ago .
Latest post on 15 March 2013 - 11:10
We used Fly Movers 3 weeks ago and although they were very reasonably priced (2300 dhs for 4 BR villa) and seemed extremely effective to start with, I would not necessarily recommend them... They arrived with 2 trucks and 8 men and in no time they had packed the first truck. I was at our new place and I was impressed how fast and good they were. Then something happened. There went 2 hours where we didn't know what was going on. My husband was in our old home, I was in the new, there were moving men in both places and when asked what was happening, we didn't really get any answers. Finally we figured out that they probably had done a double-booking because the second truck disappeared completely. Our second load of boxes arrived some hours after the first one, and by then the crew had lost the plot. Some bed parts arrived while the rest of them were still in the old house - meaning they couldn't put any of the furniture together in the new place. In the third load they did not have boxes anymore (perhaps they ran out of them??), for example kids' toys were all over the place in the truck, and some of them were taped (!) together. To cut the long story short: our move took 11 hours (it is a 10-min. drive between our old and new home). Nothing major was broken but they installed oven, washing machine and dryer incorrectly and could not figure out how to install the dishwasher. The worst part was that they had apparently broken one big flower pot but none of them dared telling that to us - instead, they had thrown the flowers that used to be in that pot in the back of one flower bed and denied ever seeing the flower pot (which was outside by the main entrance, about 1m tall - the first thing you would notice when coming to our old home). I can understand if they break something by accident and it would have not been a big deal had they told me in the first place, but I just cannot stand that kind of behavior! Just on the principle, I wanted to get some sort of small reimbursement, which we actually got in the end, but they never followed up on their own initiative, instead I got to hear the usual story about a "brother in the hospital" as an explanation for all things gone wrong. Later on we have also discovered some odd things missing, whole family's bathrobes (?!) for example. Again such large items that they don't go unnoticed, and we cannot think of any reason why they should have been left somewhere. Luckily we had moved all important + valuable items ourselves. Summa summarum: my first impression with Fly Movers was very good (they even asked where I had heard about them, and hoped that I would also recommend them on EW after our move - which makes me wonder even more...), but the end result was somewhat negative. This was our first house move within Dubai, so I'm not sure if our expectations were too high?
Latest post on 23 January 2013 - 11:29
That's great, DQ I am sure all will go smooth :) Maintenance coming today thank goodness. Impossible to shave in cool water, ugh!! Checking into a hotel sounds good. If not I may be checking into an animal sanctuary :) x
Latest post on 22 January 2013 - 18:44
My DD used E-Movers last Saturday, she said they were brilliant.
Latest post on 22 January 2013 - 18:31
Thanks Beebers for your reply :) but my husband (they always do that, don't they?) decided to go with other company + we've decided to move this Thursday and that company could accommodate the request. After huggling, DH got a very very reasonable price for our 2 bed apt. move :) so, let just cross fingers and hope that everything will be moved properly. I've already told them that I want to pre-pack myself and will have to tell them that I will unpack myself too (even I don't know where everything will go at this time). As for you, just check yourself into hotel for a weekend to relax after moooove :) <em>edited by dramaqn on 22/01/2013</em>
Latest post on 22 January 2013 - 12:34
Hi DQ :) Ended up we moved on Saturday...new building didn't allows Friday moves. Fly Movers overall I would rate pretty well. Hasan called me the same day for an over-the-phone quote, and was able to book for 4 days after that. That alone was nice! The team was supposed to be here at 9 (called at 8:30 to say they were en route) but arrived 35 minutes late. They did call to say traffic was bad, and it is. The roundabouts in the marina are really backing up the bridges. On to the pack up. They did good with the kitchen, great with furniture dismantling and wrapping. Clothes...personally I wouldn't put pigskin jackets and nice dress shirts on the bottom of a box with jeans and shoes on top...but if you give them specifics they will follow. I was just tied up with another issue. Nothing was damaged. They were slow, so my DH ran and got them lunch. Again--I don't think this was their fault, as the new building had 3 elevators out for service and is still partially under construction. They also had to walk the furniture quite a ways. They didn't complain at all..but I knew it was not one of their easier moves. They assembled DH's desk backwards, but we just laughed b/c when we assembled it ourselves we were cussing. Not a big deal, easy fix. They fixed a broken plank in our bed without even asking, and that was really nice! When it got to be about 5:30, we told them we would unpack the remaining boxes because 1) I prefer to put my own kitchen stuff away after washing things, and 2) we were ready to get out and have a cocktail. We gave them a good tip, because it was not an easy job, they listened to direction when it was given, and they were very polite. I would highly recommend Fly Movers, and thank you to (I forget who??) for passing their info on to me. They were also 1/2 the price of Pack and Move, as well as On the Move. Now if we could just get the bathtubs to stop flooding and get some hot water going on, that would be greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. The kitchen water gets scalding...may have to take a bath in my sink!
Latest post on 22 January 2013 - 10:00
Have a scheduled move with Fly movers on Friday, who came recommended by a couple of lovely EW ladies. I submitted an email query Monday a.m. and was called back that evening, quizzed on our needs, and given a quote of 800 dhs + an email to confirm. Hi Beebers, just wanted to check how was your move? Did the company do a good job? We are also trying to move to new place and I've checked few companies, but would prefer go with recommended and reasonable one. TIA <em>edited by dramaqn on 22/01/2013</em>
Latest post on 16 January 2013 - 11:59
Posted on another thread yesterday, so pardon the repetition. Had 2 walk throughs for quotes yesterday. Pack and Move, and On the Move. For our small 1 bed apartment we were quoted 1500 dhs...to move a block away! Let me also say we just don't have much stuff. Basics; small dining table, bed and dresser, 1 couch, and our clothes could fit in 4 or 5 suitcases. No white goods and 4 sets of dishes and glasses, kettle + rice steamer lol. (we live like Spartans at the mo) I just felt that was a bit stiff! Have a scheduled move with Fly movers on Friday, who came recommended by a couple of lovely EW ladies. I submitted an email query Monday a.m. and was called back that evening, quizzed on our needs, and given a quote of 800 dhs + an email to confirm. I asked if they do TV dismount and remount and they said, sure, an extra 50 dhs would do. (Sharaf DG was going to charge us 300 just for that). I'll report back on how it went x edited because I can't spell this morning... <em>edited by Beebers on 16/01/2013</em>
Latest post on 16 January 2013 - 11:45
Xtreme movers were affordable and professional. Am very satisfied with them.
Latest post on 30 December 2012 - 17:09
We have used Supremeway three times and never had any problems, always impressed by the extra care they have taken and the way they set things up upon arrival. Would use them again in a heartbeat. http://www.supremewaypacking.com/index.html
Latest post on 30 December 2012 - 16:59
I used ALM movers last month to move my villa with in Dubai.They did a great job no damages and scratches.Professional and punctual team.I am happy to reccomend them.050 5180866
Latest post on 14 December 2011 - 17:22
Global Pack . Good price and fast.
Latest post on 14 December 2011 - 17:22
We've used Total Moving Solutions twice now and been happy with them. But as with everything here you do need to supervise and stay on top of things as they are happening! We used TMS 3 times and whilst the first two times were ok - ish (they had hidden some broken lamps and items, little value, lucky us), the third time was a complete disaster! They disappeared for 4 hours on day 1, didn't show up before 1pm on day 2, didn't do any of the unpacking, nor re-assembled the furniture, tore the protection of the trampoline to pieces, broke things ... etc ... omg ... I would never recommend them, too unreliable. eta: two of my friends swear by Global Pack, maybe you can call them x <em>edited by Quizzme on 14/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 14 December 2011 - 17:00
Good luck its a jungle out there... My advice is DO NOT use Emovers, whilst they have had recommendations on this site previously I think maybe they have become complacent of late because they were terrible. They were really rough unpacking our posessions, leaving our new place in complete upheval and then we later discovered they had actually left behind 3 complete cupboards of our expensive kitchen appliances in our ONE BEDROOM apartment (not really the toughest of moving jobs), only discovered when we tried to have a coffee the next morning because our new place was in such a mess after their unpacking skills. The worst thing was the manager refused to even acknowledge something had happened when I called them the next day saying that 'madam must have lost the items in her big new apartment and that I must look for them again' lol... Thank goodness for our gorgeous security guard at our old place who found all our missing items still in their cupboards and kept them safe for us. Emovers = FAIL
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 21:50
We've used Total Moving Solutions twice now and been happy with them. But as with everything here you do need to supervise and stay on top of things as they are happening!
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 21:38
Fast Movers were great ask for Raj used these guys last week and so did our landlord and so have two of my friends - good price too compared with other quotes I got hope this helps
Latest post on 05 December 2011 - 20:55
Can anybody advise need to move end of next week and would love some recommendations. TIA.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY