Can anyone suggest a curtain maker? | ExpatWoman.com

Can anyone suggest a curtain maker?

Latest post on 19 December 2011 - 15:14

Recently moved into an apartment in the Marina area. Our apartment has huge windows which are beautiful, but I also would like some privacy. Do you know anyone who can make curtains or are they just as easy to buy pre made?

Latest post on 22 October 2015 - 15:42
hi i am looking for expensive high end curtains for a client. Can anybody please advice me on where to look Thanks
Latest post on 14 May 2015 - 18:06
055 5528260 this guy made for us, he is extra quick and good!!! highly recommended
Latest post on 15 May 2014 - 10:27
Just moved in and thanks my friend Mag to recommend Kashif(050-9925600) ..He response very well of my call and came same day as u told me .Showed me a lot of Curtain fabric and sofa recovering samples.He gave me very attractive price and got back here 3 days later with stunning curtains, Roman blinds and Sofa recovering...Professional guy,Quality service and very cooperative person.
Latest post on 05 May 2014 - 05:57
Just out of interest, how much does Jamal charge? He came over to mine for 3 sets of curtain and quoted AED8000..... is that expensive? Plus I can't seem to get hold of him now for a date fiord hanging them despite me giving him a deposit. In my view that is not expensive as you are paying for materials, labour, rails, installation, etc...I was quoted AED9,500 for 4 sets of curtains that are of a good textile, good stitching, with installation, rails, etc... The quote of curtain depends on 3 primary factors: 1) Quality of material:cotton, cotton with linen, pure linen, cotton with polyester, polyester, cotton with linen and polyester 2) Labour, quality of stitching, what bottom line do you need for the curtains, double edge or weight bearing with little steel balls, etc 3) Do you need blackouts, voile?etc.... Well I have gone for silk & blackouts so yes I guess it is quite reasonable then.
Latest post on 05 May 2014 - 00:29
I already have some curtains its too long for my new home and I would like to make some changes in size. How can I get it done.
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 21:12
Just out of interest, how much does Jamal charge? He came over to mine for 3 sets of curtain and quoted AED8000..... is that expensive? Plus I can't seem to get hold of him now for a date fiord hanging them despite me giving him a deposit. In my view that is not expensive as you are paying for materials, labour, rails, installation, etc...I was quoted AED9,500 for 4 sets of curtains that are of a good textile, good stitching, with installation, rails, etc... The quote of curtain depends on 3 primary factors: 1) Quality of material:cotton, cotton with linen, pure linen, cotton with polyester, polyester, cotton with linen and polyester 2) Labour, quality of stitching, what bottom line do you need for the curtains, double edge or weight bearing with little steel balls, etc 3) Do you need blackouts, voile?etc....
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 16:43
Always use Dragon mart ;-)
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 16:26
Just out of interest, how much does Jamal charge? He came over to mine for 3 sets of curtain and quoted AED8000..... is that expensive? Plus I can't seem to get hold of him now for a date fiord hanging them despite me giving him a deposit. 450GBP for a set of curtains WOW personally i think that is high It does include tie backs and sheer voil fabric behind, plus the drop is about 15 feet. I am a penny pincher lol
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 16:25
Just out of interest, how much does Jamal charge? He came over to mine for 3 sets of curtain and quoted AED8000..... is that expensive? Plus I can't seem to get hold of him now for a date fiord hanging them despite me giving him a deposit. 450GBP for a set of curtains WOW personally i think that is high It does include tie backs and sheer voil fabric behind, plus the drop is about 15 feet.
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 16:14
Just out of interest, how much does Jamal charge? He came over to mine for 3 sets of curtain and quoted AED8000..... is that expensive? Plus I can't seem to get hold of him now for a date fiord hanging them despite me giving him a deposit. 450GBP for a set of curtains WOW personally i think that is high
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 16:11
Just out of interest, how much does Jamal charge? He came over to mine for 3 sets of curtain and quoted AED8000..... is that expensive? Plus I can't seem to get hold of him now for a date fiord hanging them despite me giving him a deposit.
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 12:35
I had very bad experience with this guy named JAMALl! his price was high although he told me his price is the lowest! he came to us and all the time he was looking at my furniture and asking me about selling them!! It seemed his job was in second hand stuff! After checking his price for making curtains and also the price of curtain fabric with other shops I got his price is higher! I dont recommend Jamal. edited by blue1 on 26/04/2014 what a shame. used him for years and he's always been great.
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 17:57
I called 3 to 4 guys, but nobody came on time.I am not going to use any off such guys, will find out some punctual and professionals. You come to expect people to arrive late, once you've lived out here a while edited by Geordie expat on 27/04/2014 Hahaha...sooo true. OP: Ive posted this in the other curtain thread too as Im trying to get curtains made: - KA International at Al Wasl Square (most expensive but with also the most gorgeous pure Spanish linen materials available, gorgeous printed curtains too, stunning but highly expensive, good service) - Dubai Blinds (mid-range quote, not 100% pure linen curtain, also some polyester materials, good service, arrived next day for measurement plus quote, they quoted me half of what KA quoted) -Origins (cheapest, mixed material of linen, cotton, polyester, ok service) You could select materials from Silk Land and get a lady called Jenny make it for you from Origins!
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 16:14
I called 3 to 4 guys, but nobody came on time.I am not going to use any off such guys, will find out some punctual and professionals. You come to expect people to arrive late, once you've lived out here a while <em>edited by Geordie expat on 27/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 16:10
I called 3 to 4 guys, but nobody came on time.I am not going to use any off such guys, will find out some punctual and professionals.
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 15:34
I had very bad experience with this guy named JAMALl! his price was high although he told me his price is the lowest! he came to us and all the time he was looking at my furniture and asking me about selling them!! It seemed his job was in second hand stuff! After checking his price for making curtains and also the price of curtain fabric with other shops I got his price is higher! I dont recommend Jamal. <em>edited by blue1 on 26/04/2014</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 15:19
I had all my furnishings and curtains done at Mukhtar Curtains in the main road into Naif Souq. They did a great job, excellent service, and the price was good. I have lost their card, unfortunately, so can't give their contact details. They are easy to find - on the left side on the road towards the Naif Souq.
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 15:15
After reading everyone's advice I went with Jamal. My curtains have just gone up and I am really happy with the quality and service, I would definitely recommend him. Thanks everyone!
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 11:44
I had my made by Origins on SZR 056 664 3889, they have done a great job. Lady called Jenny came to my villa, with many samples to chose from, they were made and fitted within the week, excellent service.
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 15:36
i've used jamal from golden scissors numerous times over the last 3.5 years as have many friends. comes to visit you, brings fabric etc. half the price of all my other quotes and really lovely man. 050 588 2773 Would you mind letting me know roughly what he charges? I have 3 massive windows to fill. TIA
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 14:00
Just now moved to Palm Jumeirah.i used [b'>MUHAMMAD (050-9925600)[/b'>for my Home Furnishing. He had some lovely samples, nice fittings and his installation team were very good. I have used them for my whole villa curtains & blinds, Wallpaper work and Sofa Recovering work. Quiet reasonably priced and excellent job. I am satisfied with them.
Latest post on 12 May 2013 - 12:29
i've just had curtains made by a company called Dubai Curtains. They provide the choose at home service. It was really easy i called them they came within 2 days. They had a very nice selection of fabrics, they gave me the price and said they would return within 7 working days. The sales guy was really good he made everything easy so i placed the order. They did install within 7 days and i'm the curtains are very nice quality!! There no is 04 3688759
Latest post on 11 September 2012 - 16:37
I used Jamal based on the recommendations on this page. He is very busy but managed to complete the work in the time I'd specified. The quality of his blinds is excellent - matched three sections of a complex cherry blossom print like wallpaper. I was very impressed. so glad you like him - i recommend him to everyone! great to have someone you can rely on. which reminds me, i need him to come and look at my spare bedroom next!
Latest post on 11 September 2012 - 16:29
I used Jamal based on the recommendations on this page. He is very busy but managed to complete the work in the time I'd specified. The quality of his blinds is excellent - matched three sections of a complex cherry blossom print like wallpaper. I was very impressed.
Latest post on 08 September 2012 - 06:31
Hi Folks I am coming to Dubai to furnish my Marina apartment next week. Reading the responses, I am sure to find someone to make my curtains, but would they be happy if I were to take fabric with me from UK ? Not very as they make their profit on the fabrics you chose. Also it will weigh a lot so you might be better bringing other things with you, and save more. Fabrics here tend to come from Asia and are not outrageously expensive, if you chose carefully.
Latest post on 07 September 2012 - 23:08
Hi Folks I am coming to Dubai to furnish my Marina apartment next week. Reading the responses, I am sure to find someone to make my curtains, but would they be happy if I were to take fabric with me from UK ?
Latest post on 10 August 2012 - 19:16
Definitely Joseph hes really good all my friends used him too hes the most reasonable quote i've ever had for curtains and they were up and done in no time. Good quality too.
Latest post on 10 August 2012 - 16:56
I dont have any personel experience with him but my uncle used his services for full appartment furnishings. His shop is in Deira or satwa, not sure . Name is Abdul Aziz and here is the no. 0507841843
Latest post on 10 August 2012 - 13:38
I've used Sedar curtain shop which on sheikh zayed road.. didn;t try anywhere else so not sure how they compare in terms of price but they seemed good and professional...
Latest post on 10 August 2012 - 10:11
For curtains and blinds I can definitely recommend Avenue Home in Al Quoz on Umm Suqueim road. Very professional, endless selection of fabrics and designs, perfect quality and good customer service. But- it's relatively pricey. Not sure if they do curtains with fabric bought from somewhere else, eg from Satwa. That would be fantastic because the main cost-driver was the fabric.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY