some game to play with 8 months old baby..???? | ExpatWoman.com

some game to play with 8 months old baby..????

Latest post on 23 December 2011 - 17:26

Am working, and daily i reach home around 3:30 pm. I can feel how much my daugher is attached to watch TV..i came to know the my babysitter is keeping her in front of TV more than 4 or 5 hours a day ((( I feel so upset..i explained to the babysitter that she is not allowed to watch tv more than 30 minutes a day..better to listen to music, play,read stories...What do you think ? any suggestions for games ???

Latest post on 28 December 2011 - 03:07
I made a daily diary that we keep on the kitchen counter. It has feeding times/amounts offered/amounts taken/any food comments ie. if he didnt like it etc, nappy details, nap times and activities that he has done, and general notes eg- bumps, rashes accidents and asection on the bottom so I can leave her notes. Its filled out each day so I know what my LO has been up to. We dont have the TV on at all when my LO is awake as he just sits and stares at it. He sleeps for 2hrs every 2 hrs, so I want him to practice his crawling, walking etc and get out for a walk during that time. His nanny is welcome to sit and watch TV when he is sleeping. She can also play any music she likes and I love it if she sings to him, and she reads to him every day. The diary is great as I know how much to feed him due to what he had throughout the day, and when he's due for a bed when Im home. Also very handy if I needed to take him to the Drs for an emergency as everything is there in detail. I keep a contact page on the front of the folder with emergency numbers for my LO's doctor, my husband and I and another neighbour incase we cant be contacted and there is a plastic sleeve with his vaccination card, medical details and money to get a taxi to his Doctors if required. The cameras are quite expensive, but I really think they are worth it. I really like my DS nanny, but have heard so many horror stories I just think its peace of mind. We have cameras in my office & I know its just part of my work environment. So I dont think its too invasive at all.
Latest post on 27 December 2011 - 23:59
Dramaqn..i like your idea ..hahahaa…let’s see what will happen with the new nanny and then we can go for it :P my husband found it Crazy idea..:) I am glad your DH found it crazy, but I think it's a necessity for your own peace :D <em>edited by dramaqn on 27/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 27 December 2011 - 22:56
http://www.dubaikidz.biz/index.php/things/music.html U can get some info on Boogie Babies and other activities on Dubai Kidz
Latest post on 27 December 2011 - 22:45
Loads of fun if u don't mind the mess http://www.theimaginationtree.com/2011/03/homemade-edible-finger-paint-recipe.html
Latest post on 27 December 2011 - 08:51
Dramaqn.novice2 and ziii.thxxxxx a lot for your advices. I need it and highly appreciate it. I already proceed to have another babysitter... I didn’t think before about setting up a schedule for the nanny to follow.:))) next weekk I’ll go to kidville to check their activities also.. Dramaqn..i like your idea ..hahahaa…let’s see what will happen with the new nanny and then we can go for it :P my husband found it Crazy idea..:)
Latest post on 26 December 2011 - 23:29
another thing that came to my mind, put nanny cam (the one you can log onto via Internet) and even tell sitter about it (hidden cams are illegal here as I've learnt recently), so she won't think that she can do as she pleased and not follow your schedule
Latest post on 26 December 2011 - 18:33
There are 100s of baby games on the Babycenter website, I think 1 per week according to baby's age? E.g: http://www.babycenter.com/0_lets-play-peek-a-boo-picture-greatest-hits_1498492.bc ... have also seen a box of cards at Virgin Megastore called '100 things to do with your baby' or something like that! I agree with dramaqn, in your situation I would set up a detailed schedule for your nanny to follow with the baby, with specific times for sleeping, feeding, playing games, reading picture books, tummy time, going for a walk / to the park or whatever, if you feel comfortable with 30 mins of TV per day you could put that on the schedule as well in a specific time slot. I would also check up with unanounced visits to see if she's sticking to your programme and expect feedback at the end of each day about how your baby enjoyed the day's activities. And sorry to say it but if I discovered that my baby was watching that much TV I would also seriously consider getting a new nanny, maybe she's just not a natural with babies....
Latest post on 24 December 2011 - 21:58
I take my DS to kidville and I really recommend it... check babycenter.com they have many suggestions...
Latest post on 24 December 2011 - 12:17
check Kidville, they have few classes for that age. Branches are in Motor City, Mirdif, JBR. www.kidville.com Also, may be you shouldn't keep the entertainment in the hands of baby sitter, prepare the schedule of activities, and tell sitter to follow it <em>edited by dramaqn on 24/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 24 December 2011 - 07:54
Thx Kiwispiers for your reply...in fact she is full time working just as a baby sitter, no other responsabilities..i know how serious is this problem..and that i need to take fast action..i appreciate your suggestions..any suggestion for music classes in dubai???? have a nice day..
Latest post on 23 December 2011 - 20:23
Tell her no TV full stop so there is no confusion 5 hours a day of TV is appalling and so bad for your baby! Make sure you are not giving your babysitter too many other jobs so she has time to spend with your baby. SHe can take her to the park, et her lie on her tummy and look at the grass etc. Sign her up for some baby-music classes, baby gym etc so she takes her out and see how other babies play. babycenter.com has lots of suggestions for age-appropriate games but the most important things are tummy time and human face to face interaction.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY