Hi y'all! Can you help? | ExpatWoman.com

Hi y'all! Can you help?

Latest post on 15 January 2012 - 21:22

Hi everyone! Sorry its been a long time since I was on this site, and now here I am back and first thing I do is ask the lovely ladies if there's anyone out there that can help!!! Cheeky git? Yup, that's me! :)

As some of you know Im in the process of moving down to Muscat. Well, we met a lovely young couple there who have moved from SA and are really trying their best to forge a life for themselves. They are fairly newly married and are trying to start from scratch (aint we all been there!!!) and have managed to get their own apartment but literally they are scrimping and saving now to try and turn it into a home. I know they would be really grateful for anything that people are "looking for loving homes" for! So if youre doing a clear out and have stuff you no longer need (curtains, pots, anything really that could fit in the back of my car (landcruiser so fairly large) so I can take it down for them) they would be over the moon. We have given them a bed and some of the other odds and ends we had duplicates of, but please do drop me a line if you think you might have something.

Thanks ladies in advance - I know you all already rock!!! :D

PS I did ask her if it was ok to post this (anonymously obviously) and she was very grateful that anyone would even consider helping them.

ETA - my mail address is still wikkid at mail dot com :D
<em>edited by wikkid on 15/01/2012</em>

Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 14:10
wikkid- you have mail
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 13:25
Mad 2012 so far. Learning how to juggle two babies :D. No worries, you can drop me a line on harpersdxb at gmail dot com if they need either the blinds or the basket. I'm pretty sure I have other stuff too but will have to have a dig around when DH is back from work. Hope you're doing well too!
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 12:10
Hi DubaiCat - long time and all! Hope you having a good 2012 so far :). i will ask them about window sizes this weekend and get back to you! Thanks! Hi Frances - no they dont have kids, but thanks for the thought. Hi DB - please do keep me posted on the couches if you are looking for a home for them. I will help them to make a plan to get them to Muscat if it comes off :) Thanks ladies - you rock as always!
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 21:26
Do they need blinds? If they do, send me their window measurements - I was given some by another EW poster when she left and we don't need them. I also have some wooden Ikea blinds going spare, and a custom-fit wooden blind. And a laundry basket :).
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 21:21
Do they have children?
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 18:55
Thanks wikkid for the kind invite. I'll be in touch once I arrive to muscat.
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 18:15
This is possibly a bit big but.. We have two black leather sofas going free. They are old and the leather is peeling but they are incredibly comfortable. A two seater and a three seater. Available between 27th & 30th of this month. If anyone else wants them..
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 18:07
Hi Tash! Cant believe youve left already! Nice for you though to be home Im sure. Thanks anyway - I know you would have helped :D Thanks also to Aroha and Debliz! Debliz - please feel free to email me if you manage to find any bits ;) Aroha - they have a few things which have been lent to them which theyre using (on a "when you can buy your own, then return the borrowed item" type scenario) for the moment, but thanks for the kind offer! We'll solve the worlds issues over a glass of vino in the near future though and once your container FINALLY arrives, if you happen to find any odds and ends, will grab them off you down there :) Little birdie told me that a ship sailed into port today with my house on it...tres delighted :D With any luck the next time we try to sort out the tricky world over vino it will be sitting in my garden! Away this weekend, so see you the next and hopefully by then will have a few useable bits for the young couple.
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 18:05
Thanks so much ladies! October - hope youre all good! Will catch up with you off the forum! Sami - thank you! Could you email me your phone number and I will gladly come past and collect from you when you are home :D Mriambill - give us a shout when youre in MCT and come by for a coffee or a glass of vino! My email addy is in my OP.
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 17:34
Oh wikkid We are moving to muscat in two weeks and have already given lots of stuff away. I'm just waiting to find out the measurements for the windows at the new villa and if they don't match up I have few sets of curtains which I will be able to give away. Perhaps I can email you once I find out and can bring them with me to muscat and give them to you there?!
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 17:30
I have an extra pair of curtains and a brand new pair of bed sheet (queen size) in original packing that I would like to donate. I am near the DIFC area so can drop off somewhere close by.
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 17:26
hi wikkid. You've got mail!
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 17:23
Hi Tash! Cant believe youve left already! Nice for you though to be home Im sure. Thanks anyway - I know you would have helped :D Thanks also to Aroha and Debliz! Debliz - please feel free to email me if you manage to find any bits ;) Aroha - they have a few things which have been lent to them which theyre using (on a "when you can buy your own, then return the borrowed item" type scenario) for the moment, but thanks for the kind offer! We'll solve the worlds issues over a glass of vino in the near future though and once your container FINALLY arrives, if you happen to find any odds and ends, will grab them off you down there :)
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 08:07
Hey wikkid...am sure that when our container gets here I'll have stuff to put their way. In the mean time...would any of our camping gear help them out? Just to tide them over until they have enough stuff? Don't have need of it until the prophets birthday as it is. You know where I am hon. xx
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 02:07
Hi wikkid TashaB here. Wish you had asked this a few weeks ago. I had so much stuff that could have helped your friends. It's now on a bl**dy container back home as I wasn't there to give it away (am back home now). Grrrrrr! Hope you are well wikkid x
Latest post on 16 January 2012 - 01:27
Hi wikkid, We're hoping to move to MCT soon, too: just waiting for our visas to come through. So we'll be packing up eventually and will probably find that we have more than we need as, when we came to DXB, we had to buy stuff to tide us over until our container arrived from the UK. We've definitely got a few pots and pans, some extra bedding (sheets etc) which haven't been over-used ... if you know what I mean ... and I'm sure that, if I look I'll find a whole lot more. Will have a look in the next couple of days and let you know.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY