Sponsoring a maid from Nepal | ExpatWoman.com

Sponsoring a maid from Nepal

Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 15:56

hi need some info on sponsoring a maid from nepal.I have the visa....now i need to know abt the paper work that has to be done from the Nepalese embassy...ie Worker attestation,contract etc....does this have to be done in Abudhabi or can it aslo be done out of Dubai some place...ie a embassy branch in dubai...any help is greatly appreciated...

TIA

Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 09 October 2016 - 11:57
BUMP on this Anyone know if the sponsor has to go in person to apply for Nepali maid's Shram card? Or is it something an agent / PRO can do ?
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 08:43
This is a word of caution to be aware of [email protected]. I took a Nepali maid called “Laxmi Tamang” through them on a 2 year contract. In order to make her come to Dubai, I had to pay a whooping amount of money in a lump sum amount to agency for her papers before the maid could even get to Dubai. When the maid arrived she was pathetic. Before hiring her, she said so many lies that she is poor and really needs employment and willing to work hard. However, after coming here she started showing so many tantrums. She was extremely unprofessional, lazy, always on the phone, acting slow so we wouldn’t give her much work. She would only smile when she needed money or day offs. She never listened to my instruction, was very stubborn and would start shouting if any of her requests were not granted. She was not ready to wear any decent clothing and would not respond to my calls when she left for her day offs. After one year (of still treating her nicely and being kind to her), she started making excuse that she wants to go back for some reason. I have discovered that it is a [b'>full gang of Nepali maids and have duped their employers and none of them have completed their contract. Finally I had to bear even more expenses to send her back. I had terrible loss of money and suffered emotionally and despite of all this she threatened that she will complain to embassy. The agency manager Manak even stopped responding to my calls or messages once he received his fees which was extremely unprofessional. So whoever wants to hire such people, be very careful of their background as they are cheats only and are not worth the money and effort that we put into it. They have nothing to lose as they earn huge sums of salary in their currency so once they are financially stable they start throwing more tantrums.
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 16:06
Icedfire38, I got my reliable Nepali houseboy from a lady named Sharmila. Search her no in the forum and you will find it. If you need more help, you can drop me a mail at dodoisagenius at gmail dot com.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 11 December 2013 - 07:41
Any update on this? Has anyone sourced any reliable contacts to employ a Nepali maid? Thanks!
Latest post on 10 December 2013 - 18:12
Hi, I am pretty new around here on the forum.. I am in a dire need of a nepali maid. Got 3 kids .. Can someone please help with contact numbers, agency or any other info??.. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks!! :))
Latest post on 25 June 2013 - 15:50
Hi, I am in urgent need of a nepali maid. Can someone please help with contact numbers or any other information. Thanks.
Latest post on 24 September 2012 - 08:36
bump - im looking for a nepalese maid
Latest post on 06 April 2012 - 21:03
Dolphinsuae; Sorry to hijack but I'm interested to hire Nepali maid. Have you know of someone. Pls let me know. Thank you
Latest post on 05 April 2012 - 17:52
Hi Mumof2 Are you still looking for a maid from Nepal? TIA
Latest post on 05 February 2012 - 10:40
Apparently you can hire a maid from Nepal now. See link below: http://www.nepalembassyuae.org/recruitments/domestic-employees/92-domestic-employee.html I am desperately looking for a Nepali maid but don't know where to start. If anyone know where I can look, PLEASE can you let me know. Thanks Mumof2 we found our wonderful nepali maid through this agency. I would contact them if I were you it was very easy. Though DH is national not sure that is important or not but they were professional and very helpful Good luck! www.intlpersonnel.com [email protected]
Latest post on 05 February 2012 - 10:12
Hi Christina, I am looking for a maid ASAP. I have twins 1 month old and my parents are here to help but will be leaving soon. Can you please contact me at Patelmadhuri at aol dot com. Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 18:07
Hi there...  Pls contact this lady by the name of Sharmila (she works as a maid and speaks only Hindi)... She has many contacts amongst other maids do will be able to source out someone that fits your requirements... Pls mention you got the number from Gita (my maid)...  Her number is 055-9014976 Best regards,  Christina
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 12:12
Thanks very much. Hope to hear from you soon?
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 11:02
hi there... i'm asking around for another poster here (as my maid is Nepali and she's bound to know a few others)... will let u know of the contact numbers once she gives me some feedback
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:44
Apparently you can hire a maid from Nepal now. See link below: http://www.nepalembassyuae.org/recruitments/domestic-employees/92-domestic-employee.html I am desperately looking for a Nepali maid but don't know where to start. If anyone know where I can look, PLEASE can you let me know. Thanks
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:31
ahhh okay... well perhaps they have changed the rules recently then... coz when i was applying (in April 2011) the nepalese embassy in Abu Dhabi said that there was a ban on bringing in domestic help from Nepal and hence I had to recheck with the maid who told me about this whole 'entering via india' solution... if the embassy website now lists out all the related documents then that should be the best way to go about it i guess!
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:24
sorry all docs stamped from the embassy...the embassy website has a list of docs required to be put in like sponsors pp copy,domestic worker application form,employment contract etc....so apparently if this whole bunch of docs (stamped by the embassy is sent to her)...her so called uncle will be able to get the shrm and enable to get her out...
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:18
all documents stamped from which agency??? the shram card can be obtained without any documents... other than (of course) the maid's passport copy... it's all just a money making racket... they can easily pay and get that card...
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:08
Hi abby...apparently the person helping her from Nepal says that if we get all the documents stamped from the agency he would be able to apply for something called a Shram card(employment permit) and she should be able to get here... any thoughts on that....thanx so much
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 16:03
hi... don't even think of contacting their embassy! as per the Nepalese Embassy females and males from Nepal are not allowed to work as domestic help in the Middle East (as in there is a ban from their government side)! i sponsored a nepali maid in April last year (she's AMAZING and I can't imagine life without her!!)... we got her visa issued from the Dubai government with absolutely no problem... all we had to do then was send her an email/fax copy of the visa which she brought along with her when travelling to dubai... now the problem is that she will not be able to exit from Kathmandu... so basically she will need to make her way into India under the pretext of visiting relatives or going shopping etc. (either by flight or bus) as they don't need a visa to enter India... my maid, as most others, took a flight to Delhi... once in Delhi they can then take a one way or return ticket to dubai (usually they pay for this and then you reimburse them upon their arrival here)... if they take a one way ticket (especially on Air India) you will need to go to the Air India office here in Dubai and confirm that you have the original visa and pay a fee of AED 25/- in acknowledgment... only then will they let her board from there... once you know she has boarded, submit the original visa at the DNRD counter in the airport and she will be able to collect the same upon arrival... all the best... and let me know if u need any additional help...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY