Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) for families | ExpatWoman.com

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) for families

Latest post on 20 January 2012 - 15:05

Which district is the most accessible for sightseeing when travelling with two toddlers? Also any recommendations for accommodations that have a kitchenette?

Latest post on 20 January 2012 - 15:34
Although I can't help you on the details, my husband and I traveled to Hanoi, sa pa, hoi an, and around. We didn't spend too much time in ho chi Minh city but I will say we were amazed at the amount of travelers with young families and how family friendly Vietnam was. Almost every where that is " touristy" will be simple with children. We found that hotels and the service industry were great towards families and children. You should have a good time. Hope someone helps you out with some details for accommodations (stick with 5 star, prices are very doable and 5 star hotels will accommodate you better with some children, probably have a pool, larger rooms, etc,). Enjoy! Oh, by the way, of all the places we went we love Hoi An the best and it was very child friendly, everything within walking distance really and lots to see! And Hanoi has a lot to see and do all within the Old Quater district which would be where you would stay and can get around easily by foot or short taxi rides. <em>edited by moose on 20/01/2012</em>