Firewood | ExpatWoman.com

Firewood

Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 12:50
Hey ladies, I always order it in from 800 firewood , they always deliver to our house in Arabian Ranches, Dubai. The guy doing the delivery is well presented and friendly. Has a slight European accent. From what I remember, it is 40-45aed for a large 15kg bag. They also have starlogs and charcoal for barbecue. So the number is 80034739663. I hope this helps. R :heart:
Latest post on 14 February 2013 - 13:56
Hej, If you come from the direction Ranches, follow the Emirates road till exit airport road / al Awir. Take al Awir, follow the road till you reach the second roundabout, you will see a mosque in front right. Cross straight over, then you will see the small shops in your right hand. To get there, after a few meters straight you can go behind the shops, off road hard track. Go to the end, turn back to main road and you are at the fronton the shop. The one I use is half down, just after a small allay off sand. If you park, open our trunk they will put it in. I pay 4 dhs per bundle. Just bring some old blankets to protect the inside of your car! ( Dibba is getting more probs, yesterday 200 Omani soldiers arrived incl military material, story is they will make problems tomorrow because of the permits. Fingers crossed it will be ok!) Hi Belinda - Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!! Dibba doesn't sound good!!! That would be such a shame! Wow u really have all the inside info!!! We had defo planned to do it again before it gets too hot so let's hope for the best...Still bombarding Mahmoud with sms and e-mails begging him that we can pay...no answer...
Latest post on 07 February 2013 - 16:27
Hej, If you come from the direction Ranches, follow the Emirates road till exit airport road / al Awir. Take al Awir, follow the road till you reach the second roundabout, you will see a mosque in front right. Cross straight over, then you will see the small shops in your right hand. To get there, after a few meters straight you can go behind the shops, off road hard track. Go to the end, turn back to main road and you are at the fronton the shop. The one I use is half down, just after a small allay off sand. If you park, open our trunk they will put it in. I pay 4 dhs per bundle. Just bring some old blankets to protect the inside of your car! ( Dibba is getting more probs, yesterday 200 Omani soldiers arrived incl military material, story is they will make problems tomorrow because of the permits. Fingers crossed it will be ok!)
Latest post on 07 February 2013 - 14:44
Bump
Latest post on 03 February 2013 - 12:37
We get our wood from al Khawaneej, 4 dhs per bundle. The whole boot of my car full is 160 dhs and it takes us two weeks to finish that having the fireplace running nearly every night. ? Hi Belinda - again. You are just amazingly helpful (remember u organised the Camping licence through Mahmoud). The Khawaneej place sounds perfect. Is there a someone we need to call? How would we find it? Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks Belinda!
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 13:52
Hi susandiaz can you let me know where Khanaweej is please? Many thanks
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 13:41
Ace Hardware. They have precut wood in boxes. AED 20 if i remember right. Also Choitrams usually have it.
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 13:38
The Boy Scouts of America are selling wood this Thursday afternoon as a fund raiser at the ASD campus. Not sure of the times.
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 13:00
We get our wood from al Khawaneej, 4 dhs per bundle. The whole boot of my car full is 160 dhs and it takes us two weeks to finish that having the fireplace running nearly every night. ?
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 12:27
We also go through it like crazy, I know which shop you mean I think. Will def check there. Thanks!
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 12:00
Try the camping/outdoor shop on beach road. Sorry I dont know the name but it is practically opposite the new Sunset Strip Mall and it is behind a petrol station - you can see it at the back as you drive in. We get ours there for 35aed a box. We're going through a lot right now as having a chiminea fest! Good luck!
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 10:26
Thanks MB, will check that out :)
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 10:21
Satwa has little shops which sell firewood. enjoy :)
Latest post on 24 January 2012 - 10:20
Does anyone have news on firewood? Spinneys at Motor City are always sold out and I can't find anywhere that delivers....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY