Tummy Tuck | ExpatWoman.com

Tummy Tuck

Latest post on 08 March 2021 - 14:41
[quote=mokkapala]One important thing to add, my surgery was entirely covered by insurance, even the abdominoplasty. Otherwise was going to be dhs 50-60K.[/quote] Wow! good to know, thank-you.
Hi Mokkapala.. I am planning to go for a tummy tuck surgery with diastasis recti fixed. Was your surgery all covered by insurance?. Thanks
Latest post on 21 May 2015 - 21:17
Dr Yasser Khattab without a doubt. I had double hernia and also bad diastasis recti, and had unsuccessful mesh via keyhole surgery done a year previously by general surgeon. Dr Yasser fixed everything, he has incredible manners, very caring, and extremely skilled surgeon and does complex surgeries, not just plastic surgery. He receives patients at City Hospital. I was not in pain at all because their extremely skilled pain management the first three days. After care was also amazing. Also I was so impressed at City Hospital that they kept the same daytime nurse for you for continuity, it made a big difference to my recovery also. If you choose Dr Yasser you will be in very safe hands. I am sure the other doctors mentioned here are also excellent so it is good you can perhaps go and visit for consultation and then go with whom you feel most comfortable with. Don't rush into a decision, and don't let doctor rush you either. I waxed and waned for 10 months until I had this surgery and never felt any pressure at all. Especially if you have small children, timing is important and the help at home because you are not allowed to lift for many weeks. I wish you best of luck! Mokkapala, Thank-you for your replies, did you have an abdominoplasty as you mentioned not much pain? Normally I hear about the post op pain... I cant seem to find him at City hospital, would you mind sending me his details? Mokkapala: I am booked in for this procedure with Dr Yasser Khattab in 2 weeks but am still very nervous with regards to pain, and scarring and how my stomach will look in the end. I had twins 6 months ago via C-Section and was in a ridiculous amount of pain (and I have a high pain threshold) for the first week! I guess I'm expecting it to be worse than that so am thinking about whether or not it would be worth it in the end.... Do you mind emailing me photos if you have any of your before and after? my email is [email protected] much appreciated!!
Latest post on 29 April 2015 - 18:48
I am 3 and half years postpartum now. I live in Dubai. I have "Diastasis Recti" (abdominal separation after delivery). Do you know any ladies having the same issue like me...Diastasis Recti? I am not finding a single lady having this issue here in Dubai (UAE)....looking for anyone in the same boat.
Latest post on 10 February 2015 - 10:19
Hi Ladies , Anyone recently used Dr.Sahar Kazzaz for TT , your opinion is highly appreciated and if you have some photos please share them am about to do a TT and wanted to be encouraged Thanks
Latest post on 24 May 2014 - 08:29
mokkapala, how were you able to get your surgery covered? What insurance do you have? I've hit a lot of no way can get it approved. I have a medical reason…back problems. <em>edited by ddiggett on 24/05/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 12:30
One important thing to add, my surgery was entirely covered by insurance, even the abdominoplasty. Otherwise was going to be dhs 50-60K. Wow! good to know, thank-you.
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 12:29
Hello, I'm currently looking for a surgeon to do a tummy tuck and hernia op. I am looking for someone with the best hands in the business as I'm a little apprehensive and lost being new here. I came across this thread, please can any of you ladies shead some light on how it was and how you are now, I would really appreciate any input you may have. Go and see Dr Jafar Khan. He also has a FB page. People come from all over the world to see him for this and other procedures. I had a different procedure with him and would recommend him to anyone. Love guy and great aftercare with his staff Good Luck! Please can you email me his info as I want to make sure I have the right one, could not find him under the American hospital umbrella? FB page was also not found?
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 12:23
Dr Yasser Khattab without a doubt. I had double hernia and also bad diastasis recti, and had unsuccessful mesh via keyhole surgery done a year previously by general surgeon. Dr Yasser fixed everything, he has incredible manners, very caring, and extremely skilled surgeon and does complex surgeries, not just plastic surgery. He receives patients at City Hospital. I was not in pain at all because their extremely skilled pain management the first three days. After care was also amazing. Also I was so impressed at City Hospital that they kept the same daytime nurse for you for continuity, it made a big difference to my recovery also. If you choose Dr Yasser you will be in very safe hands. I am sure the other doctors mentioned here are also excellent so it is good you can perhaps go and visit for consultation and then go with whom you feel most comfortable with. Don't rush into a decision, and don't let doctor rush you either. I waxed and waned for 10 months until I had this surgery and never felt any pressure at all. Especially if you have small children, timing is important and the help at home because you are not allowed to lift for many weeks. I wish you best of luck! Mokkapala, Thank-you for your replies, did you have an abdominoplasty as you mentioned not much pain? Normally I hear about the post op pain... I cant seem to find him at City hospital, would you mind sending me his details?
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 12:13
One important thing to add, my surgery was entirely covered by insurance, even the abdominoplasty. Otherwise was going to be dhs 50-60K.
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 12:07
Yes I did have a hernia and diastasis repair with abdominoplasty. This may come as a shock but my keyhole mesh surgery caused me personally more pain that the hernia and abdominoplasty. They kept me on spinal anaesthesia (I hope to explain correctly, I had a little needle in my back where they were able to administer painkiller) and this ensured I was able to get up and move easily the next day (so not the kind of anaesthesia that immobilises you). This was kept for three days which is the time of the most severe pain. So I literally had none. I was up and walking very quickly. It is not pain per se, for me at least, you will feel uncomfortable, there is tightness also. I walked upright in about a week, till then you take it easy. But for me the pain was far less than what I anticipated and what put me off for ten months of doing it. The pain management was a big topic with Dr Yasser and we went through the options together. I took no painkillers after one week. For me my emergency C-section was more painful in terms of recovery to put it in perspective. I am so happy with the results. I had the look of woman 4-5 months pregnant, with hard distended tummy, pain, belly button "detached". Now I have a beautiful tummy to me, and I am happy. I have keloid scarring around my belly button but I don't care. I inherited this from my dad, runs in the family so I have other scars that are vertical also with hypertrophic or keloid scars. But not the tummy tuck scar. It has almost faded away. Because if the scar is horizontal you have less chances of getting it. And it depends on your genetics.
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 11:46
Yes, DD is three months old and I'll be having the surgery in the last week of March when she's five months. I was referred to a plastic surgeon and a general surgeon by my obstetrician and the plastic surgeon diagnosed the hernia, but I'll see the general surgeon tomorrow as he's the one who will do the hernia repair then the plastic guy will take over to do the muscles and sort out the loose skin. We haven't applied for approval yet as it's too soon but the plastic surgeon says my insurance should cover the hernia repair, time in hospital and all that kind of thing but I may have to pay for the actual tummy tuck procedure during the surgery. He said that's somewhere in the region of 23,000dhs. He did say the insurance might agree to cover it in the end if we argue, but to prepare for a bill. Thanks DC for the info. Could you please email me the details of the doctors you are using, if you don't mind? I would prefer to go to docs that are recommended because I would not know where to start. My email is [email protected] This would be greatly appreciated. Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how it all goes once it is done. Thanks TD Hello Turkishdervish, how did it all pan out for you? I'm looking for a surgeon too and reading your quotes. I would appreciate any guidance of advise as need to have the op soon for hernia and abdominoplasty.
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 11:23
Dr Yasser Khattab without a doubt. I had double hernia and also bad diastasis recti, and had unsuccessful mesh via keyhole surgery done a year previously by general surgeon. Dr Yasser fixed everything, he has incredible manners, very caring, and extremely skilled surgeon and does complex surgeries, not just plastic surgery. He receives patients at City Hospital. I was not in pain at all because their extremely skilled pain management the first three days. After care was also amazing. Also I was so impressed at City Hospital that they kept the same daytime nurse for you for continuity, it made a big difference to my recovery also. If you choose Dr Yasser you will be in very safe hands. I am sure the other doctors mentioned here are also excellent so it is good you can perhaps go and visit for consultation and then go with whom you feel most comfortable with. Don't rush into a decision, and don't let doctor rush you either. I waxed and waned for 10 months until I had this surgery and never felt any pressure at all. Especially if you have small children, timing is important and the help at home because you are not allowed to lift for many weeks. I wish you best of luck! Mokkapala, Thank-you for your replies, did you have an abdominoplasty as you mentioned not much pain? Normally I hear about the post op pain...
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 11:18
LadyNomadica, I am also seeing Dr. Sahar... I would love to see your before and after too, if possible. Thanks! How are you feeling about everything now that it's been a few months? Hello Safa, My plastic surgeon is Dr. Sahar at Cosmesurge, and I cannot recommend her enough. She is a true artist. I am beyond delighted with my results. I have the belly of a model, and that is above and beyond what I had expected, and I'm only 3weeks post op! If you put your email, I'll be glad to show you my before and after. I decided to go back to work at 2 weeks post op and was so nervous about whether i'd be hunched over. This is my first week of work and I feel great. edited by kamanda on 07/05/2012 Am also booked in with Dr Sahar. How did it go for you Kamanda?
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 11:00
I also want to add that for me personally I wanted to do this surgery at a big hospital, I felt more at safe hands there. I went to see unnamed Plastic Surgery clinic here too for the same and gosh the approach was totally different. I would not had done this surgery in one of the plastic surgery hospitals. I cannot comment whether they are good or not but I wanted to be in what I consider " a real well accredited hospital" it made a difference to my piece of mind. If you have hernias also, not all of them are easy to fix. I already had a surgery done previously so for me to even do a second one was a big decision. I knew at City hospital if anything goes seriously wrong, they have the people and facilities to take good care of you.
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 10:51
Dr Yasser Khattab without a doubt. I had double hernia and also bad diastasis recti, and had unsuccessful mesh via keyhole surgery done a year previously by general surgeon. Dr Yasser fixed everything, he has incredible manners, very caring, and extremely skilled surgeon and does complex surgeries, not just plastic surgery. He receives patients at City Hospital. I was not in pain at all because their extremely skilled pain management the first three days. After care was also amazing. Also I was so impressed at City Hospital that they kept the same daytime nurse for you for continuity, it made a big difference to my recovery also. If you choose Dr Yasser you will be in very safe hands. I am sure the other doctors mentioned here are also excellent so it is good you can perhaps go and visit for consultation and then go with whom you feel most comfortable with. Don't rush into a decision, and don't let doctor rush you either. I waxed and waned for 10 months until I had this surgery and never felt any pressure at all. Especially if you have small children, timing is important and the help at home because you are not allowed to lift for many weeks. I wish you best of luck!
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 10:31
Hello, I'm currently looking for a surgeon to do a tummy tuck and hernia op. I am looking for someone with the best hands in the business as I'm a little apprehensive and lost being new here. I came across this thread, please can any of you ladies shead some light on how it was and how you are now, I would really appreciate any input you may have. Go and see Dr Jafar Khan. He also has a FB page. People come from all over the world to see him for this and other procedures. I had a different procedure with him and would recommend him to anyone. Love guy and great aftercare with his staff I will try him out, is he at a hospital? Many thanks Good Luck!
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 10:23
Hello, I'm currently looking for a surgeon to do a tummy tuck and hernia op. I am looking for someone with the best hands in the business as I'm a little apprehensive and lost being new here. I came across this thread, please can any of you ladies shead some light on how it was and how you are now, I would really appreciate any input you may have. Lady Nomadica, Dubai cat and Harrowgirl, how are you all doing now? I think its a few years later...hopefully all great? <em>edited by Mac70 on 16/03/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 10:22
Hello, I'm currently looking for a surgeon to do a tummy tuck and hernia op. I am looking for someone with the best hands in the business as I'm a little apprehensive and lost being new here. I came across this thread, please can any of you ladies shead some light on how it was and how you are now, I would really appreciate any input you may have. Go and see Dr Jafar Khan. He also has a FB page. People come from all over the world to see him for this and other procedures. I had a different procedure with him and would recommend him to anyone. Love guy and great aftercare with his staff Good Luck!
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 10:21
Hello, I'm currently looking for a surgeon to do a tummy tuck and hernia op. I am looking for someone with the best hands in the business as I'm a little apprehensive and lost being new here. I came across this thread, please can any of you ladies shead some light on how it was and how you are now, I would really appreciate any input you may have.
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 10:19
LadyNomadica, I am also seeing Dr. Sahar... I would love to see your before and after too, if possible. Thanks! How are you feeling about everything now that it's been a few months? Hello Safa, My plastic surgeon is Dr. Sahar at Cosmesurge, and I cannot recommend her enough. She is a true artist. I am beyond delighted with my results. I have the belly of a model, and that is above and beyond what I had expected, and I'm only 3weeks post op! If you put your email, I'll be glad to show you my before and after. I decided to go back to work at 2 weeks post op and was so nervous about whether i'd be hunched over. This is my first week of work and I feel great. edited by kamanda on 07/05/2012 Am also booked in with Dr Sahar. How did it go for you Kamanda?
Latest post on 29 August 2013 - 10:12
Latest post on 17 November 2012 - 11:20
Wow, wow, wow. Pain levels have been quite high but controllable and I'm home now with just Voltaren and paracetamol. My tummy is unrecognisable! I haven't seen under the bandages but I can see how flat it looks and my belly button finally looks normal again after three years. I had a mesh hernia repair which was covered by my insurance so some bits overlapped, so the total cost for me was 20k.
Latest post on 17 November 2012 - 10:43
Hi DubaiCat-- Congratulations on finally gettin it done. Hope you are recovering well. I hope you dont mind me asking, but how much did it all cost? thanks :)
Latest post on 17 November 2012 - 04:47
thats great... look forward to your updates DubaiCat :)
Latest post on 15 November 2012 - 07:39
I've just had my hernia repair and tummy tuck last night with Dr Suhail and Dr Zuhair at Medcare. Haven't been able to see under the compression thingy yet but my tummy feels flat as a pancake! I shall update more later :D.
Latest post on 14 November 2012 - 11:20
hi im thinking of going with Dr Sahar at Cosmo surge after i read Lady Nomadica's posts. could you send me before and after photos? and when did you have the procedure done? thanks edited by Anisak3 on 14/11/2012 edited by Anisak3 on 14/11/2012 <em>edited by Anisak3 on 14/11/2012</em>
Latest post on 20 June 2012 - 21:49
:)
Latest post on 19 June 2012 - 22:50
Dubai Cat - re abdominal separation after pregnancy check out this exercise DVD. You can't fix hernias with it but you can fix abdominal separation http://www.befitmom.com/press.html I found it useful.. I now realise I have an umbilical hernia. Having done a bit of research think it may be best to fix it sooner rather than later. Am interested in open mesh surgery rather than key hole. Was hoping someone can give me recommendation of where & who would be best to fix it. Not interested in a tummy tuck. Many thanks! HI redparrot.. does ths DVD really work?? How long have you done it? TIA
Latest post on 10 June 2012 - 11:16
Hello Safa, My plastic surgeon is Dr. Sahar at Cosmesurge, and I cannot recommend her enough. She is a true artist. I am beyond delighted with my results. I have the belly of a model, and that is above and beyond what I had expected, and I'm only 3weeks post op! If you put your email, I'll be glad to show you my before and after. I decided to go back to work at 2 weeks post op and was so nervous about whether i'd be hunched over. This is my first week of work and I feel great. Would you mind sharing with me - I am also thinking of getting one done. I've seen Dr. Buthainah and was very pleased with our discussion but I dont know anyone whose actually had the procedure done. My email is xmasbabyzerofive at gmail dot com Thanks
Latest post on 25 May 2012 - 07:33
You don't necessarily need a tummy tuck even if you want the diastasis fixed. It can be fixed laporascopically too, but of course it is not a tummy tuck where they cut extra skin or do a lipo as well. But it fixes the muscles and also the hernia. I played with the idea of both, yes I could lose some skin from pregnancy and also some fat, but I found the general surgeon talking very sensibly to me of different ways I can fix his problem. My doctor is dr fariq baduddin at Dubai Mall Medical Centre and he will do the surgery in American hospital.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY