Can one rent Commercial Kitchen Space in Dubai? | ExpatWoman.com

Can one rent Commercial Kitchen Space in Dubai?

Latest post on 30 January 2012 - 16:32

My brother in law is planning to start a food business in Dubai.

In the US, where he is from, there are plenty of options for renting out commercial kitchen space at catering companies or space at a bakery. This space can then be used for storing, preparing and cooking food. This is how most recent graduate (Chefs, etc) start out prior to investing in their own premises. It allows them to test the market (and accept orders of any size) prior to making a big investment in renting a space and fitting out their own kitchen.

Does any one of you here know of ANY company in Dubai where this is possible (i.e. rent commercial kitchen space already fitted out? He will offcourse set up his own LLC etc. This query is just abt the possibility of renting kitchen space. I have called some of the largest catering companies but getting past the receptionists has been a pain and all I've managed to achieve so far is 'Someone will call you back.'

Anyone? TIA

Mrs P

Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 09:34
Galleries Lafayette in Dubai Mall do it but no idea about their rates; could very well be more expensive than other places.
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 07:01
Top Chef in Jumeirah do it.
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 17:50
My brother in law is planning to start a food business in Dubai. In the US, where he is from, there are plenty of options for renting out commercial kitchen space at catering companies or space at a bakery. This space can then be used for storing, preparing and cooking food. This is how most recent graduate (Chefs, etc) start out prior to investing in their own premises. It allows them to test the market (and accept orders of any size) prior to making a big investment in renting a space and fitting out their own kitchen. Does any one of you here know of ANY company in Dubai where this is possible (i.e. rent commercial kitchen space already fitted out? He will offcourse set up his own LLC etc. This query is just abt the possibility of renting kitchen space. I have called some of the largest catering companies but getting past the receptionists has been a pain and all I've managed to achieve so far is 'Someone will call you back.' Anyone? TIA Mrs P Have you had any luck locating a restaurant/kitchen that you can lease before plunging into a full-fledged food business and making that large investment on kitchen equipment?
Latest post on 30 January 2012 - 16:49
Not that I know of. An acquiantance started her own food delivery business by renting space at a warehouse in Sharjah (cheaper than Dubai) to try out her products and it worked out very well. She of course had to get her own cooking and kitchen equipment but it can be easily resold on Dubizzle if you eventually become succesful and able to start up your own commercial kitchen.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY