work in Dubai Investment Park? | ExpatWoman.com

work in Dubai Investment Park?

Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 13:25

I'm looking for some information from anyone who works in Dubai Investment Park or maybe someone's hubby

Where do you live and how long is your commute?? (also, if you have any information about traffic & the type of housing you have that would be great, too)

I just accepted a position with a company that's located there, and right now we're living in Abu Dhabi. A move will probably be in store for us when our lease is up at the end of May, but need to find some developments that won't leave me stuck in traffic for hours.

Thanks!

Latest post on 12 February 2012 - 21:33
What info would you like? I live there :) Such a lovely small community Close to grocery shopping? Restaurants? Can you get food easily delivered? It's just DH & I so we're all about convenience :) Someone at work today suggested Falcon City but it didn't seem like there was [i'>anything [/i'>nearby. Choithams is opening on our complex on the 22nd of this month. Arabian Ranches (5 mins drive) has a LeMarche supermarket and a few restaurants. MotorCity (5 mins drive) has a huge Spinneys and quite a few restaurants. Never had a problem getting takeaways delivered... Falcon City is a good 15/20 mins drive to any shop except the petrol station... We have apartments and villas here... we have a fully operational gym (free), swimming pool, nice ladies salon & laundry.
Latest post on 12 February 2012 - 20:58
What info would you like? I live there :) Such a lovely small community Close to grocery shopping? Restaurants? Can you get food easily delivered? It's just DH & I so we're all about convenience :) Someone at work today suggested Falcon City but it didn't seem like there was [i'>anything [/i'>nearby.
Latest post on 12 February 2012 - 13:19
I live in DIP, Green Community West specifically. Lovely family living and various accommodation types available. Travelling towards Dubai is a bliss, but coming on Emirates Road from Dubai is sometimes messy at the roundabout as mentioned below. Let me know if you need more info, I'll gladly assist.
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 22:11
I think Green Community West (not to be confused with Green Community Motor City) would be the absolute closest you could live to DIP...
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 21:34
Does anyone have any information about how long the drive is from Jumeirah Village? It looks like there are some nice villas in there. Layan Community / Al Waha - 20 mins to DIP from E611 Bypass Road straight onto the Lahbab Road :) I don't know anything about the Layan community... any info? edited by TamiM on 11/02/2012 What info would you like? I live there :) Such a lovely small community
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 21:17
Jumeirah Village is close to DIP but not sure about the access in and out but I would say no more than 15 - 20 minutes drive. Victory Heights would also be another viable location. If you search on here for Layan community you will find some threads about the community. Some of the communities mentioned below are more established than others so it will depend on your budget and what type of accommodation/facilities you are looking for.
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 21:06
Does anyone have any information about how long the drive is from Jumeirah Village? It looks like there are some nice villas in there. Layan Community / Al Waha - 20 mins to DIP from E611 Bypass Road straight onto the Lahbab Road :) I don't know anything about the Layan community... any info? <em>edited by TamiM on 11/02/2012</em>
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 20:57
Layan Community / Al Waha - 20 mins to DIP from E611 Bypass Road straight onto the Lahbab Road :)
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 20:51
Hi My husband works in DIP. We've just moved from Springs to Arabian Ranches. He says his commute from Springs was 25mins ish depending upon whether he was 'unlucky' at the lights at the Green Community roundabout (and also if he was later that he should be therefore hitting more traffic). We went that way today and it was about the same from AR but wasn't rush hour at the time. Hope that helps
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 16:34
I do Disco g to DIP in 30 and home in 15....you should take the truck road at the back....Labhan road or similar i think its called
Latest post on 11 February 2012 - 15:40
There are lots of communities within 30 minutes drive so it will depend on your budget and if you want an apartment or villa. Some places to consider would be Green Community, Motor City, Arabian Ranches, The Meadows, The Springs and The Greens.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY