Shower Filter? | ExpatWoman.com

Shower Filter?

Latest post on 26 February 2012 - 16:13

Has anyone bought a shower filter for the water at home or is there any you can recommend?

The quality of my skin and hair has been uber poor since moving to Dubai and I've been told its probably due to the water quality and my skin not being used to it.

Thanks!

Latest post on 14 October 2017 - 12:07
Wow :cool: A good chunk of information, i was facing same issue with hair and skin. Good to know about shower filters will surely try it .
Latest post on 02 March 2012 - 17:58
I bought a pro-blu one with voucher from Groupon. shower attachment with two nice smelling replacement filters .... but I don't think it fits the shower, so bit of a waste of money! There's no real instructions and as I'm a female living on my own, I'm far from being an expert! Need help from somewhere ..
Latest post on 28 February 2012 - 23:19
The one we are using is called PurePro Shower Filter Pro 6000 and purchased it at Ace on Sheikh Zayed.The price was around AED 220-240 a year and a half ago.Every 6-8 months you have to change the pre-filter which is AED 80 and one is included when you buy it initially.Honestly we are very happy with it,easy to install and noticed an amazing difference even after the first shower.My hair is falling way less and feels and looks so much better,as well as the skin.A shower filter is a must buy in Dubai.I'd highly recommend this product!
Latest post on 28 February 2012 - 22:44
I bourght the Pure Blue one too from Ibn Battuta mall. Like it! Nice smell and water pressure now better than it was before. So far So Good. hair feels softer too.
Latest post on 27 February 2012 - 09:10
i bought the pure blue one from pharmacy for 250, only been using it for a couple of days but so far so good. only problem is once you connect it the shower head cant reach as far, so if you're tall it may not go up high enough on the wall to be above your head! had to move mine to my daughters bathroom because there was no chance hubby could have used it, unless we get a longer shower hose. LOL R85. Had the same problem with my DH. We ended up having to get a longer shower hose. I also use the pure blue system and find that it calms down my psoriasis which is a great help.
Latest post on 26 February 2012 - 16:49
i bought the pure blue one from pharmacy for 250, only been using it for a couple of days but so far so good. only problem is once you connect it the shower head cant reach as far, so if you're tall it may not go up high enough on the wall to be above your head! had to move mine to my daughters bathroom because there was no chance hubby could have used it, unless we get a longer shower hose.
Latest post on 26 February 2012 - 16:42
Don't buy the cheap Chinese things, they don't last.. I have a new century filter, hair and skin feel loads better....... got mine when I got my keratin treatment done!!
Latest post on 26 February 2012 - 16:16
Blu water filters are very popular. We have one. It works great so far. It has a nice lemony scent too from the cartridges you place inside the showerhead too (apparently provides vit.c to the water). I have seen some pharmacies sell them. We bought ours at their kiosk in Dragonmart.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY