IPhone and etisalat packages | ExpatWoman.com

IPhone and etisalat packages

Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 18:41

I am admitting to not quite being able to get my head around all the different options now for phones. I have also decided to give up at last my old cheap and cheerful Nokia and get the Iphone 4s. Now I need to find out what will be the best option for me. I would love to hear what others think. There are options where I can get a free Iphone handset, tie into a contract for 18 months, pay 230 dhs per month and get 1000 MB per month free. Other options offer a free phone but it is 449 per monthwith all sorts of bits and bobs thrown in and finally there are plans where you buy your own handset and pay 249 a month and get other things thrown in. What I need to know is what constitutes National data? I generally use my phone for calling and texting but want to get an Iphone to browse, use it for music, synch it with my other apple things and add apps. Any ideas what would be the best deal. If I was to use skype or fb does that mean I use lots of MB? Sorry for the idiot questions but I am seriously getting confused about everything. I would like to thank in advance anyone that cares to reply but as I will be off line for a bit, I will not be able to say tx straight away!! TIA !

Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 09:39
@wickedangel_78 yes they said they need my passport copy and salary certificate which I have, and it'll take some days to process. I'm on prepaid right now with them so need to transfer to postpaid, the guy said it's quite straightforward but sales people will make it sound like that to make a sale! Going there in a bit to check it out and hopefully start the process @mannikat du also has an offer and they have iPhone 6 in stock as well (at Gitex anyways) http://www.du.ae/mobile/specialoffers/iphone-6-offer if you mean you already have an iPhone then I'm not sure how it works, sorry! Thanks sourskittleashnut already have the phone as I wanted facetime, will try the du office today, the website looks like I can but when i call du they keep asking for my du number which I dont have after 20mins asking about a sim-only postpaid plan I gave up :)
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 09:25
@wickedangel_78 yes they said they need my passport copy and salary certificate which I have, and it'll take some days to process. I'm on prepaid right now with them so need to transfer to postpaid, the guy said it's quite straightforward but sales people will make it sound like that to make a sale! Going there in a bit to check it out and hopefully start the process @mannikat du also has an offer and they have iPhone 6 in stock as well (at Gitex anyways) http://www.du.ae/mobile/specialoffers/iphone-6-offer if you mean you already have an iPhone then I'm not sure how it works, sorry!
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 09:21
Thanks your your detailed reply wickedangel_78 :) I dont use FaceTime so thats not an issue for me. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Etisalat at Gitex today ! You need to have some sort of a subscription with Etisalat to get a postpaid number , like another postpaid number or e-life or a land number . Call their call centre & inquire about the requirements, DH is the one who got me the postpaid as I don't work & I don't have a salary transfer. If you work I think they will ask for some documents to grant you a postpaid number . If you're married & your DH have a postpaid number it's very easy to get another one under his name
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 09:04
Sorry to hijack, just wondering if anyone knows if i can just get a postpaid sim from du for an iphone?
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 08:45
Thanks your your detailed reply wickedangel_78 :) I dont use FaceTime so thats not an issue for me. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Etisalat at Gitex today !
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 00:05
But their phones don't have Face time !! :( Rather have the iPhone with ALL its key features.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 21:48
I'm contemplating getting iPhone 6 in their monthly package, but I'd have to switch to Postpaid which I'm not sure I want to do. http://www.etisalat.ae/en/personal/smartphones/iphone-nokia-huawei/iphone/iphone6-plans.jsp Considering Postpaid Plan 1 Anyone else done this before with etisalat for their iPhone? Input appreciated since I've always been on prepaid :) edited by sourskittleashnut on 30/09/2014 I have an iPhone 5 from Etisalat with postpaid number. It was for 18 months, I used to pay around AED 235 for the device + 1GB (I can't remember the exact figure), payment each month is not withdrawn automatically from your credit card/ bank account. 10 days before the contract expiry date they will send you SMS. Now I have the AED 99 for 1 GB as my contract expired in July this year. If you use 75% of your 3G they will send you an SMS, and they send again when you use it all during the month to avoid extra charges. I pay my bill every month or 2 using my credit card online account. If you don't pay you bill after 2 months they will disconnect your line after sending few reminders by SMS
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 20:41
I wonder what will happen if I sign for their post paid 24 months plan with the Iphone 6 and will have to leave the country definitively because of the job transfer in 10 months? Any ideas?
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 15:47
I'm contemplating getting iPhone 6 in their monthly package, but I'd have to switch to Postpaid which I'm not sure I want to do. http://www.etisalat.ae/en/personal/smartphones/iphone-nokia-huawei/iphone/iphone6-plans.jsp Considering Postpaid Plan 1 Anyone else done this before with etisalat for their iPhone? Input appreciated since I've always been on prepaid :) <em>edited by sourskittleashnut on 30/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 03 March 2012 - 21:38
I've got my own iPhone, but buy the AED 99 post-paid package from Etisalat, and add on the 1GB of data for AED 100 per month. This is masses of data - I leave 3G on all day (my wireless isn't working at home right now) and I never get close to using it all, and I use FB, Skype and Hotmail on it prolifically, so I think you'd need to be a very heavy user to need more data than this. I did think that du offered better packages but have had my number for too long to want to change, but Etisalat have upped what's included in the package a few months ago, so I now get 150 local minutes per month, 50 international minutes, and 100 local texts included in the price, so think it's pretty good value. ETA The only thing I pay additionally for is the odd international text, but this adds a tiny amount to the bill each month, and by calling *121*1# you can instantly see what minutes and texts you've got left, and by texting 'data' to 1010, again you get a message with your remaining GB sent to you straight away. <em>edited by pinks on 03/03/2012</em>
Latest post on 03 March 2012 - 21:05
I enquired with Etisalat about their iphone 4 deals a year ago. Things MAY have changed but the script at the time was that the good packages were only available to those who had existing contracts with etisalat (for TV, internet, another mobile contract etc) and the likes of me who had everything with Du could only get the worst package option. I'd phone them before getting your heart set. i ended up moving over to Du for my iphone and am happy with my contract
Latest post on 01 March 2012 - 11:46
anyone else? I see nearly everyone with an I phone in their hands these days, can anyone else share how they manage them? TIA
Latest post on 01 March 2012 - 10:37
I don't know about the packages as I'm not an iphone user, however skype is blocked, so you won't be able to put that on it. You're probably thinking of FaceTime.
Latest post on 01 March 2012 - 10:23
thanks for this, am looking forward to other comments, how much does everyone pay and if anyone is willing to share, do they keep to that amount or do they pay the monthly package then use more and therefore pay more? TIS I have 1MB each month and use Whats App and FB. It costs me 145AED a month but i am pay as you go You can also download I message now which is the same as BBM is for blackberry users You can message other I phone users ( across the world for free) I rarely use all my MB I did buy my phone in the UK though as it was ridiculously overpriced here :-)
Latest post on 01 March 2012 - 09:29
anyone else?
Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 19:34
thanks for this, am looking forward to other comments, how much does everyone pay and if anyone is willing to share, do they keep to that amount or do they pay the monthly package then use more and therefore pay more? TIS
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 19:28
I don't know about the packages as I'm not an iphone user, however skype is blocked, so you won't be able to put that on it. You can get Skype, just don't download it from the Skype website. Google "download Skype" and go to one of the download sites:) @OP, if you think you will be using social networking sites I would go for an unlimited package. Thanks for letting me know about the IPhone package I'm so in need of a new phine and I don't mind having a 3 year contract! Etisalat here we come!
Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 19:27
I have skype on my iphone and it's working fine. As for the national data, I have 1gb per month and it's more than enough even though I go on internet a lot. Just to give you an idea, 2gb per month is what they call "unlimited access" to internet so 1gb is not bad...
Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 18:54
I don't know about the packages as I'm not an iphone user, however skype is blocked, so you won't be able to put that on it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY