schools in DSO | ExpatWoman.com

schools in DSO

Latest post on 29 February 2012 - 23:03

I am not sure what schools are there in DSO or Academic City,,,, kindly tell me the names? thnx in advance

Latest post on 12 March 2012 - 11:07
I agree 100%. I have applied 2 school May last year, still no space till now. Then decided to apply in 4 different school this year, luckily managed to get a space. I know Raffles International School, South Campus still have space, so you may want to check it there.
Latest post on 12 March 2012 - 09:51
I don't know of any schools around 20 k :( the schools I know of for fs1 and fs2 are all 30 k plus unless u find a nursery cheaper? I agree this may be the best option for you. Many nurseries offer KG1, and then you can waitlist your child for KG2/FS2 for 2013 which gives you more chance of getting your children into the school of your choice (although waitlist now!!). Plus nurseries are significantly cheaper and have smaller class sizes, so if your child hasn't been at nursery before then this may be a good adjustment step for him before he goes to "the big school". What you reading/hearing about schools being full is true, most schools have now offered their places for next year and are no longer accepting new children. I kept my daughter at nursery for KG1 and it has been a good decision for us, she'll be going to FS2 in September.
Latest post on 12 March 2012 - 09:12
I don't know of any schools around 20 k :( the schools I know of for fs1 and fs2 are all 30 k plus unless u find a nursery cheaper? Probably the only school u could get in is dso gems Wellington as its a new school :) Most places have already offered places for fs1 and fs2 or are in the middle of assessments for them.
Latest post on 11 March 2012 - 23:38
I looked at almost all these schools, first of all and most important "all are already fully booked and even waiting list is closed for next Sep"!!!!!!!!!!!!! and these schools fees are 30k+ where we have to pay this by our own and not paid by company. We are looking for something within 20k+ as we will have to put the second child in the same school next year (I want them to have equal education). I never thought that I have to start searching and registring and looking earlier than this... he will be 3 years and 9months next Sep BUT I swear that almost most acceptable schools by KHD are closed already for registring.... we looked even at emirates international school, star international school, raffels, dubai international school, american international school, dubai academy school, german international school and the list can go on and on...... what to do and please help with suggestiong!!!
Latest post on 02 March 2012 - 10:51
Thanks for the list, I will check them my DS will be 3 years and 9 months next sep. so im looking for a KG.... we live in Motor City and I dont mind driving to a good school anywhere else... our preference is IB if not then British curriculum.. looking forward ur reply and more recommendations.. IB schools Universal American School and Deira International School is about a 12 minute regular speed drive away.
Latest post on 02 March 2012 - 10:28
Star international Ummsheilf..Good school as well... Ooh yes!
Latest post on 02 March 2012 - 10:25
Star international Ummsheilf..Good school as well...
Latest post on 02 March 2012 - 10:22
If you are in motor city I'm not sure why you are looking at schools in dso as there are schools closer to mc than dso or is it that your husband works at dso and would do the morning school run? Closest ib school would be greenfield community school then gems world academy. Closest Brit curr school would be jess on Arabian ranches. If you are happy to drive then the following are good Brit curr schools and not too bad journey wise from motor city Jebel Ali primary school Dubai British school Repton
Latest post on 02 March 2012 - 01:50
Thanks for the list, I will check them my DS will be 3 years and 9 months next sep. so im looking for a KG.... we live in Motor City and I dont mind driving to a good school anywhere else... our preference is IB if not then British curriculum.. looking forward ur reply and more recommendations..
Latest post on 01 March 2012 - 01:09
what age is/are your child/children what curriculum are you looking for. You may find that you will have to travel from that area for the school. for example - if you are looking for australian curriculum - there is an australian school further down emirates road from DSO too - if you give fuller information I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice. People do travel quite a bit for the right school for their children in Dubai.
Latest post on 01 March 2012 - 00:45
GEMS Wellington Academy- DSO (DSO) Kensington Nursary (DSO) Dubai English Speaking College (academic city) French School Dubai (academic city) Dubai Early Child Development Centre (academic city) There are various universities in Academic City too

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY