Best Place to buy pearls | ExpatWoman.com

Best Place to buy pearls

Latest post on 06 March 2012 - 17:17

Where is the best place to buy pearls? I am on a flying visit but want to get my neice some pearl earrings for her 21st. Has anyone bought nice pearls recently? Any help would be great so I don't waste time wandering around looking when I could be on the beach or by the pool!

thanks!

Latest post on 10 May 2020 - 22:53
Is Pashpaley Pearls in MOE closing? It had boarding up last time I passed by there. I think possibly some of the cheaper pearls, the cultured ones .have had the oysters fed with some sort of glass(...
Check out this page, everything explained about the types of pearls, and how they are farmed. :) https://www.yourpearly.com/pages/faqs
Latest post on 10 May 2020 - 22:51
Check out: www.yourpearly.com - UAE based pearl jewelry - customization available and very affordable!
Latest post on 19 April 2016 - 17:58
Is Pashpaley Pearls in MOE closing? It had boarding up last time I passed by there. I think possibly some of the cheaper pearls, the cultured ones .have had the oysters fed with some sort of glass(?) bead because they always seem much heavier than the more expensive ones - I don't know what they do exactly but I was given a Mikimoto necklace years ago and it is light to wear. The cheaper ones - though they look good just weigh you down if you have a multi strand necklace. Can anyone explain the difference - any pearl experts?
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 19:04
I got my bracelet last week at shopgeko.com decent quality pearls and quite cheap.
Latest post on 07 March 2012 - 09:42
I am totally biased because I am a long-time customer but I personally would recommend Purely Pearls. They advertise on here and often attend the bigger breakfast events such as the Breakfast at the Burj. Check out: www.purely-pearls.com I thought pearls were expensive? How come the pearls on Purely-pearls website are quite inexpensive? Maybe they're not so pure ;) pmd: While I realize that comment... "Maybe they're not so pure" was likely made kiddingly, I think this company is actually very committed to selling GENUINE CULTURED PEARLS. In actuality, they sell their product on to shops and consultants around the world and if you buy it from them direct, you get a great price. They have been making a new design of a breast cancer bracelet for years in the UAE and donate thousands of dirhams to cancer charities here. Unless you are making reference to some sort of grievance (and it doesn't sound like you are), then I think it is unfair to make the implication of "not so pure". Funny how people quesion the authenticity of something because it is not as expensive as they think it should be. This is part of the world was the center of the pearling community a hundred years ago but now it is essentially a diamond and gold place. The pricing of pearls in the brand name shops and the gold souks is absolutey ridiculous - just ask anyone who has ever travelled to China (the pearl capital of the world). I was just kidding, in fact I love pearls and I'll check out the place myself!
Latest post on 06 March 2012 - 20:53
I am totally biased because I am a long-time customer but I personally would recommend Purely Pearls. They advertise on here and often attend the bigger breakfast events such as the Breakfast at the Burj. Check out: www.purely-pearls.com I thought pearls were expensive? How come the pearls on Purely-pearls website are quite inexpensive? Maybe they're not so pure ;) pmd: While I realize that comment... "Maybe they're not so pure" was likely made kiddingly, I think this company is actually very committed to selling GENUINE CULTURED PEARLS. In actuality, they sell their product on to shops and consultants around the world and if you buy it from them direct, you get a great price. They have been making a new design of a breast cancer bracelet for years in the UAE and donate thousands of dirhams to cancer charities here. Unless you are making reference to some sort of grievance (and it doesn't sound like you are), then I think it is unfair to make the implication of "not so pure". Funny how people quesion the authenticity of something because it is not as expensive as they think it should be. This is part of the world was the center of the pearling community a hundred years ago but now it is essentially a diamond and gold place. The pricing of pearls in the brand name shops and the gold souks is absolutey ridiculous - just ask anyone who has ever travelled to China (the pearl capital of the world).
Latest post on 06 March 2012 - 20:20
I am totally biased because I am a long-time customer but I personally would recommend Purely Pearls. They advertise on here and often attend the bigger breakfast events such as the Breakfast at the Burj. Check out: www.purely-pearls.com I thought pearls were expensive? How come the pearls on Purely-pearls website are quite inexpensive? Maybe they're not so pure ;)
Latest post on 06 March 2012 - 18:19
Purely Pearls is fairly inexpensive here but globally, I think their prices are relatively competitive. Check out this company out of the States: Www.pearl paradise.com
Latest post on 06 March 2012 - 18:16
If you want South Sea pearls or Mikimoto's pearls, you will pay dearly. Freshwater pearls are genuine cultured pearls but are cultured more abundantly and I think that is why they are generally speaking less expensive. http://www.purely-pearls.com/about-pearls.html
Latest post on 06 March 2012 - 17:28
I am totally biased because I am a long-time customer but I personally would recommend Purely Pearls. They advertise on here and often attend the bigger breakfast events such as the Breakfast at the Burj. Check out: www.purely-pearls.com I thought pearls were expensive? How come the pearls on Purely-pearls website are quite inexpensive?
Latest post on 06 March 2012 - 17:21
I am totally biased because I am a long-time customer but I personally would recommend Purely Pearls. They advertise on here and often attend the bigger breakfast events such as the Breakfast at the Burj. Check out: www.purely-pearls.com

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY