Fingers crossed! | ExpatWoman.com

Fingers crossed!

Latest post on 14 March 2012 - 23:35

Have my RTA road test tomorrow at 10.45. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. So ready to start driving and ditch the taxis :D

Latest post on 28 May 2017 - 18:44
Adele, I started at the end of Jan, but did shift duty so had up to 16 classes a week. Used Emirates Driving Institute in Al Quoz. My instructor was a lady called Candy and she was great! Just beware that RTA has added a few extra things to their requirements including, reverse parking, hill start, emergency stop. They also require you to do 'night time' driving and 'high way driving'. If you want any more info e-mail me at [email protected] edited by muurtje on 15/03/2012 Could you tell me a bit more about Candy's way of teaching as I might be transferring my file from Al Qusais to Al Quoz just for her :)
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 17:44
Cool thank you for the info, i have saved your email address in case i need to pester you for more information ha ha, thats really quick if you only started Jan, see i was totally misinformed that it would take me 6months minimum as they limit your lessons etc, so thanks for setting me straight seems more appealing now :)
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 17:31
Adele, I started at the end of Jan, but did shift duty so had up to 16 classes a week. Used Emirates Driving Institute in Al Quoz. My instructor was a lady called Candy and she was great! Just beware that RTA has added a few extra things to their requirements including, reverse parking, hill start, emergency stop. They also require you to do 'night time' driving and 'high way driving'. If you want any more info e-mail me at [email protected] <em>edited by muurtje on 15/03/2012</em>
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 16:37
Ha ha, well if the cat (hubby) is away then i don't blame you :) How long did it take you to pass your driving? i am thinking i need to drive, sick of taxi's, sick of my part time river being half an hour late for picking the kids up and being met by 2 very tearful little lads lol
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 15:39
Thanks ladies! Barbie doll, not quite liberated yet, as I still need to do two hours of highway driving (new RTA rules). But from Sunday onwards I will be free! Adele, hubby is away so this little mouse will play, so feel free to come and have a glass with me!
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 15:10
Congratulations & welcome to a world of liberation...
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 15:08
Big congratulations!! :) ps shh about the vino, think a few people are looking for some lol
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 14:55
Congratulations!!! :D
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 14:47
I passed!!!! Am so happy!!! Thank you for all your good luck wishes!!! Now all I need to do is drive on the high way for two hours and after that I can pick up my licence!! Celebrating with a large glass of vino this evening :D
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 06:19
Good luck!! :)
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 02:38
Good Luck. Be confident. You will be fine!!
Latest post on 15 March 2012 - 01:03
Fingers (and toes) crossed! You'll do great!!
Latest post on 14 March 2012 - 23:41
Goodluck!! :D

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY