Work visa for Canada? | ExpatWoman.com

Work visa for Canada?

Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 16:25
Why don't you (if you haven't already) check www.cic.gc.ca, which will probably have a guide on how to apply. As for the agency, we are currently with Can-Quest Consulting (although we've just got bad news from them that our application will be cancelled as per new ruling from Canadian gov., but it's different story altogether) and they were ok in follow ups and updates. www.can-quest.com A friend of mine got a letter from High comission after 2 years of waiting that they are not eligible although the agency gave them stamped assessment test and other documents saying they were eligible to apply for immigration. www.can-quest.com, this consultants are good though you pay money and no guarantee that you will get the visa even if its visit visa
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 10:35
Hello i want to.apply as a live in caregiver for child care or for adult care in canada i recently live here in dubai and working as a assistant teacher in a nursery.Please advice me what website should i need to find in internet to find a employers in canada pls advice.or email me [email protected] or call me 00971527163377 for information ...thank u very much <em>edited by Rose222 on 01/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 12:32
Why don't you (if you haven't already) check www.cic.gc.ca, which will probably have a guide on how to apply. As for the agency, we are currently with Can-Quest Consulting (although we've just got bad news from them that our application will be cancelled as per new ruling from Canadian gov., but it's different story altogether) and they were ok in follow ups and updates. www.can-quest.com A friend of mine got a letter from High comission after 2 years of waiting that they are not eligible although the agency gave them stamped assessment test and other documents saying they were eligible to apply for immigration.
Latest post on 17 April 2012 - 22:04
Bump - anyone?
Latest post on 15 April 2012 - 20:39
Thanks for replies - simpleasabc - we are asking about him starting work with LMO visa pending, but not sure if they are keen for him to start on this basis. Hopefully they will provide offer letter though if we have to go down immigration route. Please - any recommendations for a lawyer/company in Dubai who is familiar with Canadian immigration requirements/process?
Latest post on 12 April 2012 - 09:06
I can't help you with practicalities, but just to say I believe you have a better chance if there is actually a job in place. When my brother and his family emigrated from London to Vancouver, they had to spend months of preparation, medical tests and visits to the Embassy before they could go. Perhaps your husband could take up the job with the LMO visa pending? Won't the new company help him with the visa? Could their HR department not advise him in the first instance, at least?
Latest post on 12 April 2012 - 08:43
Thanks for replies. We have looked at www.cic.gc.ca website already but were hoping for some face to face advice to help us out as it's not straightforward. Any other recommendations for someone here in Dubai who can help? it's a fairly urgent issue as there is the job offer pending. Thanks.
Latest post on 12 April 2012 - 00:48
Why don't you (if you haven't already) check www.cic.gc.ca, which will probably have a guide on how to apply. As for the agency, we are currently with Can-Quest Consulting (although we've just got bad news from them that our application will be cancelled as per new ruling from Canadian gov., but it's different story altogether) and they were ok in follow ups and updates. www.can-quest.com
Latest post on 11 April 2012 - 23:00
I used this company for my visa and immigration papers. My situation was a bit different from yours in that I was already in Canada when I applied. However, I am pretty sure Lowe and Company can help. http://www.canadavisalaw.com/
Latest post on 11 April 2012 - 21:10
My husband was recently seconded to Toronto (from company he works for in Dubai) for 8 months work which has been completed. He has been now offered a job with another company in Toronto. Problem is, the visa he was on previously was an intra-company one which can't be transferred to the new company. He has been told he would have to apply for a LMO (labour market opinion) visa and there seems to be a lot of differing views on how long this might take. We are also considering applying to emigrate as it seems there is a lot of work in his field (construction). Any Canadians who can give any info/advice on the LMO visa and application process and recommend any company/lawyer in Dubai that might be able to assist with work visa/emigration applications. TIA. We are both UK citizens. <em>edited by sara65 on 11/04/2012</em>