Let battle commence | ExpatWoman.com

Let battle commence

Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 17:05
Its over...:D I understand what you are saying Red but the problem is he is lazy and just doesn't enjoy eating. I have tried all sorts of ways to get him to eat and the result is that has not put on weight in 10 months. This is now the new regime and he has eaten :D He is also suprisingly chirpy right now! Fair enough - well done you for sticking with it - I have realised this is one area that I can't cope with so have dropped that battle but if it's more of a weight issue then I understand. Keep at it!
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:48
Been there MANY times with eldest DD until I realised it was no longer about the food. We were both trying to win and that is not good. As your title says, it's turned into a battle of wills rather than what he'll eat. You have to really htink what are you trying to achieve? To get him to eat? No, he'll just see this as being stubborn and will try and beat you - he's getting a reaction from you. As hard as it is you need to relax. If he says he's finished then let him go but don't give him anything else. Gradually he'll start eating more when he sees he's not getting anywhere and he won't be 'rewarded' with snacks after dinner.
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:47
Remember it well LOL! I didn't leave kids at table but simply threw out food uneaten and absolutely no treats. If they complained about being hungry, it was a slice of bread and butter or a cream cracker. They soon got the message. Golden rule, don't back down and ignore whining! Best of luck :) This is my son's dream! I will say 'no more, next time eat' - but when he does it at dinner and there is no more food til the next day and he (as I call it) 'squelches' that he is hungry, further infuriating me, he asks for bread. He often [b'>ass for bread [/b'>when he is hungry, so very frustrating. mind boggles
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:27
Remember it well LOL! I didn't leave kids at table but simply threw out food uneaten and absolutely no treats. If they complained about being hungry, it was a slice of bread and butter or a cream cracker. They soon got the message. Golden rule, don't back down and ignore whining! Best of luck :)
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:27
Just a question, why give them snacks if they haven't eaten their lunch / dinner...... Just say no till the next meal. Am sure it never killed a child to go without snacks between two meals.
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:26
maybe NiP just can't cook. :D Right really have to go and pick my DD up or I'll be in the dog box.
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:25
ketchup???? pate? chocolate sauce???? When we were little my sister wouldnt eat her lunch (and this is over 40 years ago), mum kept if for dinner, she wouldn't eat it. So she got it for breakfast, maggots included! Mum never tried that one again.
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:19
:D chicken!!
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:18
You can do this! I have been doing the same with my DS lately. When the meal is over and I am ready to clear the table and get on with the day, if he has not eaten, I've even saved his meal so later when he wants a snack, the leftovers are all that is available. I only had to do that once, thank heaven...I was afraid it was a bit 'Mommy Dearest'! He'll get the picture and then soon you'll look back on this and laugh!
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:14
You know what's best for him. Hope you have the strength. Good luck.
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 16:14
Stay calm and carry on!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY