which is the best pram for twins? | ExpatWoman.com

which is the best pram for twins?

Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 09:13

Hi there im expecting twins in November and am trying to find a suitable pram! im not sure if a tandem (one behind the other) or a side by side is better. ive been looking at the icandy peach blossom twin and the bugaboo donkey both seem to have pros and cons but if anyone can offer some practical advice that would be great before i go and spend too much money on something......

Latest post on 16 November 2012 - 14:23
City Select is fab!
Latest post on 15 November 2012 - 21:11
Love my Donkey - to be honest it would probably be best to buy here - if you are not in a rush to buy JK do offers - we bought ours when they were offering a 20% Internet voucher so "saved" 1800dhs! :) Saying that I bought all my extras in the uk (parents bought them out!) as these were 2-3x the price here (snack tray, buggy board and maxi cosi adaptor)
Latest post on 08 November 2012 - 11:41
Hi eveyone, I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins and I want to get the bugaboo donkey stroller. I only found it in Just Kidding here but I think it might be cheaper to order it. Do you think it's a good idea? Do you know any good websites? Thanks! :)
Latest post on 28 May 2012 - 11:22
Hello there ladies, would anyone be able to tell me the weight of the bugaboo donkey twin when bought new and shipped? thx :) (think it comes in 4 or 5 boxes?...)
Latest post on 21 May 2012 - 12:39
Hi little zuzu ... It all depends on your preference ... The side by sides are harder to fit through narrow spaces but have better maneuverability. Also I didn't want a tandem because I didn't want one baby down under the other with no view and I'd have to bend down to reach her and maybe they would fight over who got the top or bottom seat. With the side by side both babies are up high close to me and I like that.
Latest post on 21 May 2012 - 09:11
Funnily enough we bought two separate prams for our first set of twins, we bought in England before they were born one trip back and brought back with us.....when out on my own I always had one in a pram and alternate strapped to me. It worked well, and had two prams when out as a family, shops werent as big and open when they were born here like now, more crammed and no big malls.....which was easier to get around that way too without moving things out the way all the time.When able to sit up we had a dubble buggy, side by side easy to operate and travel with. But still struggled with shopping aisles at the time not being wide enough. Second set had a one in front of the other pram, easier to get round and through doors and have the then walking older set of twins holding on either side when out. Then a side by side collapsible buggy too when travelling. I still look at the new options when out as not as much choice by far when ours were born. Spoilt for choice now and seem allot narrower too.
Latest post on 21 May 2012 - 08:29
Can some twin mommas suggest - which is generally a better pram? Side by side or Tandem? I think I have to make a choice between iCandy and donkey, both very expensive in Dubai.
Latest post on 20 May 2012 - 16:25
You're welcome and have fun donkey shopping ;)
Latest post on 20 May 2012 - 13:58
Hi Mrs. Pink , it's 86 cm wide with two car seats attached :) woohoo ymo2000 it will fit!!! thanks a mill for that xxx
Latest post on 20 May 2012 - 12:48
Hi Mrs. Pink , it's 86 cm wide with two car seats attached :)
Latest post on 20 May 2012 - 11:28
thank you shinynewpony and ym 2000 for your information im defo leaning toward the donkey now. can I ask you one more annoyng question how wide is it with both the car seats on? i cant seem to find this measurement online anywhere. ive just measured my door and it is 100cm wide. this would be a great help if can many thanks xx
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 17:40
Hi ... I recently got the bugaboo donkey too and I'm very happy with it. Its very easy to push and maneuver whereas I read reviews that the city select gets hard to steer and push as the babies get bigger/heavier since its a tandem. The donkey had all the features I wanted but my only complaint is that it's big and heavy when folded but I guess most double strollers are anyway. I also got mine from john Lewis in London and had no problems flying it back with emirates airlines. I also found the just kidding price more expensive and they told me there was a wait list. I was really considering the peach blossom and city select but didn't want a baby under the other with no view like the peach and I was worried about the steering issue with the city select. <em>edited by Ymo2000 on 19/05/2012</em>
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 16:52
Hi Mrs Pink, Our our donkey plus all the extra bits to accommodate twins was bought from John Lewis in Reading - for around £1200. When the stroller was bought we spoke to their export department as John Lewis subscribe the the VAT rebate program. In the end we didnt get the VAT back at LHR as there was a 2 hour plus wait - if you do this allow the max time. Both my DH and I were in the UK so we brought it back with us and checked it into the hold (Emirates) - the night before we departed we opened all the boxes - in total we had 4 - our goal was to repack the stroller bits into less boxes - we managed to reduce the number of boxes to 2 (the 2 largest boxes). We checked-in our regular luggage and spoke to the check in staff who had to arrange for someone from Special Handling to collect our 2 boxes - we had checked beforehand the accepted dimensions from Emirates for the Special Handling check-in, also its worth saying that the Special Handling weight was also taken into account and added to our regular luggage weight. When we landed in DXB - we had thought that we might be stopped to pay duty - so all receipts etc were left in the UK as the stroller was a 'gift' from my parents ;) - anyhow as we exited the arrivals area we were stopped by the customs guys, my DH just explained that it was a stroller for twins and pointed to my bump, they were happy with this and after 30 seconds we were on our way. If you buy the Donkey - dont forget to register the serial numbers online with Bugaboo as you get an extra years warranty - it has to be registered within 3 months of purchase. HTH :) <em>edited by Shinynewpony on 19/05/2012</em>
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 16:02
We ended up with the Bugaboo Donkey, bought from the UK as Just Kidding wanted almost 10k and a lovely long wait for it to become available due to their waiting list and supply issues. One of the main reasons we picked the Bugaboo was to ensure that both car seats could be attached to the stroller at any one time. Quite a few of the ones that I viewed will only take one car seat. Anyhow, if fitting 2 car seats at the same time is important to you its work checking. Hi shiny new pony do you mind me asking how much your donkey was is the uk and weRe you able to just check it in to fly back??. Thanks yes I would like to use 2 car seats simultaneously thx
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 14:31
I also love my City Select but bought it in the US. I use it for toddler and baby, it has plenty of room and sitting positions. Love how it's easy to steer and fits through shopping isles etc. If you buy the doubles kit it fits two car seats. It takes quite a few brands depending on the adapter you buy. I opted for the maxi cosi adapter.
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 12:32
We ended up with the Bugaboo Donkey, bought from the UK as Just Kidding wanted almost 10k and a lovely long wait for it to become available due to their waiting list and supply issues. One of the main reasons we picked the Bugaboo was to ensure that both car seats could be attached to the stroller at any one time. Quite a few of the ones that I viewed will only take one car seat. Anyhow, if fitting 2 car seats at the same time is important to you its work checking.
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 10:49
I also have the city select - using it for a toddler and baby and it is pretty good when travelling as well all the seats and wheels can easily come off.... so when i had guests i managed to fit the stroller in the little space below my sons car seat I bought mine from john lewis in england ....maybe you can get someone to bring it to dubai for you Its an all round brilliant troller - reasonable price - approx 600 - 700 pounds for the stroller plus all the accesories to use in double mode fits in lifts, allows you to keep an eye on both kids comfortable, can use the maxi cosi car seats with an adapter,very very sturdy even with the nappy bag hanging on the hand rail , etc etc etc only snags with this stroller - when facing away ...cant recline the seats too much when facing each other - for me the best position for sleeping but when they awake and upright - the place for thier feet isnt much - enough but not enough to allow them to swing thier feet oh and it is heavy - i also have a bugaboo cameleon and comparatively its very heavy but i would still highly recommend it
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 09:23
ooooh yes i think ive read about this one looks good!! which shop sells it in dubai so i can have a look and do you remember how much it is? thx :) I haven't seen it in Dubai, but someone may have said that they know someone in International City that does? Perhaps search the forum for it. Otherwise, go to the mall and look - you'll see them ... they are just a bit longer than the other strollers!
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 09:19
ooooh yes i think ive read about this one looks good!! which shop sells it in dubai so i can have a look and do you remember how much it is? thx :)
Latest post on 19 May 2012 - 09:16
Hi there im expecting twins in November and am trying to find a suitable pram! im not sure if a tandem (one behind the other) or a side by side is better. ive been looking at the icandy peach blossom twin and the bugaboo donkey both seem to have pros and cons but if anyone can offer some practical advice that would be great before i go and spend too much money on something...... I have a City Select and it's brilliant. But I like the bugaboo donkey as well, although it is a bit wider and that can be difficult while out shopping. I like the City Select because I can put the kids facing each other or facing away from each other (if going to sleep) and I can use it as a single stroller if I want to bring just one of the babies out - to the doctor or for a special outting.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY