checklist of leaving baby with a babysitter | ExpatWoman.com

checklist of leaving baby with a babysitter

Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 16:46

ladies i so much want sometime with hubby, since last 3 yrs, not even once we were able to go on our own. i have one 3.4 yrs and one 7 months.
please pardon me for my stupid questions, the problem is i don't know how to leave my house unlocked and my children with a lady whom i don't know that well.
1) i don't have any locks in the cupboards, so what about my little bit jewellery and watches?
2) do u make children sleep before u leave? what if my 7 month wakes up and she's unable to make him sleep?
i am so confused, never in my life left babies with someone else :/

Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:39
jumeirah village, u ever had her at ur place? or personally know her? Yes , she is my daughter in her 20's.She has sat with young teens and 10 year olds here in Dubai. <em>edited by McB on 23/05/2012</em>
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:18
When my kids were little I had lots of older teenaged /20-some sitters... who were more interested in boys and using the phone and watching TV than they were in playing on the floor with my kids. Thats when I started using younger girls and my kids always loved them. My personal experience is that they were very very concientious. But maybe that's just me, and my experience in the States. I would be hesitant here as well.
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:17
I'm confused that OP's first question is about jewellery.... does the sequence of questions make any difference. or am addressing a seminar Well, if your first concern is jewellery and watches and you don't trust someone not to flog them, I really don't understand how you can leave the most precious ones in your life with them.
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:15
I'm confused that OP's first question is about jewellery.... does the sequence of questions make any difference. or am addressing a seminar
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:14
I wouldn't leave a baby with someone who was unable to comfort them. Nor would I leave my children with someone who I didn't trust around my valuables!!! Have you approached the TAs at your 7 year olds school? I use a TA and my very fussy DD loves her.
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:13
I'm confused that OP's first question is about jewellery....
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:11
sorry but a 14 year old teen with 2 children under 5 to look after :\: In my home country, I think it'd be ok. However, I would not leave my children alone with a 14 year-old in the UAE no matter how well I know the 14 year-old. The reason is that it is essentially illegal here and I would not want myself nor the 14 year-old to be in legal trouble if something happened. <em>edited by AnonDubai on 23/05/2012</em>
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 18:04
sorry but a 14 year old teen with 2 children under 5 to look after :\: I do have to agree with Mushypeas, whilst she may be responsible and have first aid training it is still very young to be alone in a house especially with two young children. DH and I have only just started leaving DS, who is a sensible 14, for short periods on his own at home, and then only with multiple emergency numbers he can call, and a notified neighbour.
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 17:52
Orchard, are you in the circle or triangle?
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 17:51
sorry but a 14 year old teen with 2 children under 5 to look after :\:
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 17:49
I have a 14 year old daughter who has been babysitting since she was 11. She took the American Red Cross babysitter certification class and is a super responsible kid. She actually misses babysitting as it's just not that common here with nannies and such. We live in the Meadows and I would only let her sit nearby, but let me know if anyone is interested.
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 17:47
jumeirah village, u ever had her at ur place? or personally know her?
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 17:26
Thanks NIP for the list, do u know any reliable babysitter? i seriously doubt the agency ones Try 050 903 2664 for UK girl, graduate who may be able to help you. Where do you live ?
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 17:14
no :(
Latest post on 23 May 2012 - 16:53
Thanks NIP for the list, do u know any reliable babysitter? i seriously doubt the agency ones

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY