International Removal Companies | ExpatWoman.com

International Removal Companies

Latest post on 24 May 2012 - 11:31

Hi, I'm starting the laborious task of searching for an international removal company from the UK and wondered if anybody had any advice or recommendations for me please. I know the companies need to be part of B.A.R. at least. I've found two companies which are 'FIDI' called Doree Bonner and PSS International removals and either look good TBH. I've also found a company called MoveCorp who are B.A.R. but not FIDI and I'm wondering how important FIDI is and if any of you used either of the companies I've mentioned please?
Any advice would be much appreciated. This is my first post!
Thanks

Latest post on 10 May 2017 - 21:21
Has anyone used Doree Bonner from the UK? They seem to add charges on top of their quote. Help!! Need to make a decision by the Friday 12th May. Thanks in advance!! DT Moving were £1100 more!
Latest post on 24 May 2012 - 19:56
Wow thanks everyone. Wasn't sure if anybody would reply! All have been helpful, looking at Bournes now and Claire I'll email you - I'm in Farnborough, Hants I'm a few miles up the road from you then! Happy to meet up to help you!
Latest post on 24 May 2012 - 15:24
Wow thanks everyone. Wasn't sure if anybody would reply! All have been helpful, looking at Bournes now and Claire I'll email you - I'm in Farnborough, Hants
Latest post on 24 May 2012 - 14:24
Hi we used Movecorp who packed our furniture on 2 Feb this year and then delivered it to us on 28 Apr. They kept giving us the wrong information regarding our furniture ie it was off the coast of Spain when it was still in the UK. Its such a shame that they took so long because there were only a few minor problems with the furniture when it arrived but at the time it was extremely stressful. With hindsight, for the cost of moving everything over here but also having to buy things here while we waited for it all to arrive, it would probably have been cheaper for us to buy everything we needed in Dubai.
Latest post on 24 May 2012 - 13:13
We used UTS Bournes from UK to Dubai and they were superb. Very easy to deal with and they used DASA at the Dubai end to clear and unpack - again excellent. We are now back in the UK and used them on the way back too. Had a couple of companies quote but were happy with DASA and UTS bournes on the way back and all was excellent. If I can help you in any way with my experiences of leaving UK and living in Dubai feel free to contact me I am now living in surrey. claire dot damamme @ ntlworld dot com
Latest post on 24 May 2012 - 11:33
No idea what any of that means. We used Crown to move from the UK and were totally satisifed. Friends used Allied Pickfords and thought it was the worst thing ever, broken, lost, incorrectly diassembled and reassembled. Do a search on here loads of recomends and avoids.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY