Baby products from the US | ExpatWoman.com

Baby products from the US

Latest post on 26 May 2012 - 22:21

Hi,

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed here or not..

I'm expecting my LO in August, but being from the US i've been naturally looking there for baby items, I find that some of the prices here are twice or sometimes triple the cost of the items and also the range is very limited here.
Is it worth it to order items from the US and incur the shipping costs as well as customs duties costs, to get items or is it cheaper or easier to source the baby stuff here..
Can anybody shed some light on this idea...

TIA

Latest post on 27 May 2012 - 10:32
Thank you for your advice... Unfortunately we don't have any family or friends coming until maybe around Christmas and that's a bit late.. I saw that sales in the US were beginning also but I will keep an eye out for the sales starting in June :) <em>edited by Dxb19 on 27/05/2012</em>
Latest post on 27 May 2012 - 08:46
If friends and family members cant bring items with them, we have recently bought quite a few bits from Amazon.com and shipped via Aramex. We only bought light objects, for example extra bottles, breast pads etc. Our main thought was over here we were unable to buy the items in bulk. Over all it has worked out cheaper fro us - its worth shopping around. Also keep in mind that from June 14th the sales start over here, so if you can wait till then... :)
Latest post on 26 May 2012 - 23:30
I think it will be much easier if you or your family/friends can bring stuff from there instead of shipping it over. And you could always use Shop & Ship to order anything from US. Otherwise, look out for the sales in baby stores here and try to stock on things that you will need - I always buy clothes/shoes next size for both kids on sales.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY