Opening a nursery in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Opening a nursery in Dubai

Latest post on 29 May 2012 - 15:17

Hi Everybody,

Bit of a weird question but any advice would be highly appreciated,

After working in sales for 8 years in about to have my 2nd child, it’s always been a dream of mine to open a nursery.

Now feels like the right time for me to start looking into it as I plan on returning to work after the birth but would rather do something I enjoy with more flexibility problem is I have no idea where to start.

I know I would need to employ or partner with someone in the industry as it would be too hard to do alone with no experience but I have a few questions if anybody has an idea or can point in the right direction (maybe they have done it themselves?)
1. Will I need a local partner
2. What qualifications would my staff need
3. Is there certain areas I can do it in
4. What kind of licenses do I need
5. Any rules and regulations

Does anybody know where I can go to find all this information out and how I can start looking into it.

Thanks

Latest post on 16 October 2016 - 22:20
Hi contact Lynn Nolan as a nursery consultant
Latest post on 25 July 2012 - 15:58
Hi there, You'll find a all the information you need to know here... http://www.uaenurseries.ae/en/chdepartment/child-department.html HTH Hi Admin, It states that you need to be UAE national, is that the case for ALL daycare centers and nurseries in the UAE? I will of course be getting in touch with them tomorrow but just curious as to whether that would really be the case. Thanks,
Latest post on 25 July 2012 - 15:20
Wow thank you very much!! :)
Latest post on 24 July 2012 - 20:40
Hi there, You'll find a all the information you need to know here... http://www.uaenurseries.ae/en/chdepartment/child-department.html HTH
Latest post on 24 July 2012 - 19:03
Hi Everybody, Bit of a weird question but any advice would be highly appreciated, After working in sales for 8 years in about to have my 2nd child, it’s always been a dream of mine to open a nursery. Now feels like the right time for me to start looking into it as I plan on returning to work after the birth but would rather do something I enjoy with more flexibility problem is I have no idea where to start. I know I would need to employ or partner with someone in the industry as it would be too hard to do alone with no experience but I have a few questions if anybody has an idea or can point in the right direction (maybe they have done it themselves?) 1. Will I need a local partner 2. What qualifications would my staff need 3. Is there certain areas I can do it in 4. What kind of licenses do I need 5. Any rules and regulations Does anybody know where I can go to find all this information out and how I can start looking into it. Thanks Hey, Hope you are well :) Can I ask if you ever managed any answers to your questions, I am also looking at starting at my own business! Thank you so much xx
Latest post on 29 May 2012 - 15:27
can't answer all your questions but the one thing I would say as someone who has run their own business as has DH and relatives...this whole idea that it is easier than full time employment or somehow more flexible is, in my view, wrong. Running a successful business, particularly a start up, takes more of your time than you could possible have imagined before you went into it. Best of luck with your venture,
Latest post on 29 May 2012 - 15:25
how exciting! funnily enough I was chatting to someone only last week who wanted to do this and looked into it. one thing you need to bear in mind is that you'll need a fair bit of capital up front...commercial rents on a building large enough for a nursery will be steep and apparently they usually ask for one cheque. then you've obviously got the staff/visas etc. the lady I spoke to is saving to try to do it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY