Toddler town nursery - what is this fee? | ExpatWoman.com

Toddler town nursery - what is this fee?

Latest post on 21 June 2012 - 17:30

I just wondered if someone can clarify this for me before I call them and probably get upset!

My daughter recently got offered a place at toddler town nursery JBR starting in September – shes going to attend 2 afternoons a week (3.5 hours) and its going to cost me AED 3700 a term (is that expensive) the nursery came highly recommended for me and i just don’t have time to look around, i also live in JBR so very convenient.

I went a few days ago and paid the AED 1000 registration fee and was given a information pack to fill out and bring back with the first set of term fee’s

Now maybe I didn’t understand or I just don’t think it was explained to me but when I was looking through it again last night I noticed there is another set off fee’s I need to pay on top of the first term fee. I can’t actually remember what they called this fee (I’m at work now) but I’m assuming it’s the medical fee’s etc you normally pay annually at a nursery – from what I understand this is normally around AED 500.

Does anyone have a child that attends this nursery, can they explain to me what this fee is and is it paid on top of her first months term fee – if so that AED 7,700 (1000 registration + 2000 random fee + 3,700 term fee) I will be paying for her first term and it seems a little ridiculous to me!!

Latest post on 18 September 2015 - 21:49
Any feedback on the Jumeirah branch?
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 20:03
It is way expensive. There are so many options now with same quality and lower rates.
Latest post on 10 December 2013 - 12:32
I love Toddler Town for my DD (who is 15 months). She started in September and the teacher and teaching assistants have been great with her. She only goes two afternoons a week, so can't comment on the full time, but assume it's the same. It's a pain getting into JBR with all the construction going on at that end, but if you live there it probably isn't a problem for you. I haven't even considered switching, and I looked at quite a few nurseries before picking Toddler Town, and I've not seen much that was comparable. Hope that helps. L
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 December 2013 - 07:05
hi ladies, If you don't mind me asking - how would you recommend Toddler Town? It's off the charts expensive! But I live in JBR and prefer it to some of the other options around.
Latest post on 25 June 2012 - 14:17
Hi lou, below is an email i got directly from the MD of the nursery There are 3 terms in an academic year running from September to June. The fees for a standard nursery term(8:30 am-1pm, 5 days per week) will be in the range of AED 9600 for Toddler, Nursery and Foundation Classes, and AED 11600 for Baby class(6 months to walking). Morning club(7:30am-8:30am) costs AED 1350 per term. Afternoon club costs AED 1650 for 1pm-3pm, or AED 3000 for 1pm-5pm. There is a discounted rate for full day from 8:30am-5:30pm, which costs AED 13300 per term. There is also a one-time registration fee of AED 1000, and an annual supplementary fee of around AED 2000 which needs to be paid in advance for 1 year, which is inclusive of Medical Fees and Toddler Town Pack (1 uniform set, plastic apron, cap and other accessories). Morning club and afternoon daycare is optional with additional fees. There is also an option for children in Baby, Toddler and Nursery classes to attend 2 or 3 days per week. We will extend an invitation and warm welcome for you to come and see our nursery once it is ready in approximately 2 weeks, and look forward to showing you our fabulous new facility. For your information, we have a special promotional offer of 20% off the term fees for April-June for the first 25 children who register before 31st March. In the meantime, please let me know if you would like any further or specific information, and I’d be more than happy to answer your questions. Ziham Moopen Managing Director

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY