HAIR LOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | ExpatWoman.com

HAIR LOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest post on 23 October 2017 - 11:02
Hi ladies, I recommand a great dermatologist Dr Azzedine Rihane who studied in Paris and very well known by the French expats community. He treats the hairloss with PRP and the results are amazing. Sultan Al Olama Medical Center on SZR opposite to Times Square Mall 043468686 (PRP therapy for hair loss is a treatment that involves withdrawing a patient's own blood, processing it so that only the enriched cells (platelet-rich plasma) remain, and injecting it into the scalp. PRP contains essential proteins that stimulate natural hair growth.)
Latest post on 14 October 2017 - 14:17
Hello, This is a good chunk of information as i have also moved to Dubai 6 months back and facing issue with my hairs and skin. People tend to say it is the water. Also change in environment eating habbit also effects this. I have a home remedy by my Aunt and its very effective. Mix coconut oil with castor oil and mustard oil in equal quantity (2 table spoon) and add aleo vera gel in it ( 1 table spoon) put 2 / 3 Cody Leaf (kadi patta in hindi) and make it warm and apply to your scalp. you can keep it over night or 2 hours before wash. Trust me its very effective...
Latest post on 12 October 2017 - 10:38
Try a supplement called Priorin (you find it in Boots), a bit pricey but it will make a big difference if you use it for 6 months. I did it after both my pregnancies and it helped a lot. I am also using the Blu water filter in the shower. Good luck!
Latest post on 29 September 2017 - 22:31
I don't think its water. maybe it is VIT D deficiency many ppl suffer from it silently here without realizing.
Latest post on 29 September 2017 - 04:05
If water is causing hair loss it must be hard ... Usually ground water is hard I.e contains lot of ground salt that is not good for hair. We suggest you fix a water ionizer in bathroom to make it soft and suitable for hair wash. Also take steps to strengthen hair roots. You can check out some excellent products for hair fall.Also take care of your hair by massaging your scalp with coconut oil regularly. This would improve blood circulation to your scalp which in turn promotes hair growth. It's minerals in the water causing the problem. Also using rubbish cheap shampoo and conditioner. Why spend hundreds on your hair/hair colour and then wash it in cheap nasty shampoo?! It's most likely hair breakage rather than hair loss, the hair is weakened by the build up of minerals and snapping off close to the root. You need to invest in a salon brand clarifying shampoo and use once or twice a month, more if needed, to lift the minerals from your hair. Good shampoos that won't strip hair colour are Paul Mitchell Shampoo 2, Alfaparf purifying shampoo, and joico clarifying shampoo(it's a bit stonger than the other two) stick to a good salon brand shampoo for normal washing also, to match your hair type, oily, dry, etc. And every time you wash your hair, condition it with Joico luster lock treatment, Use it like you would conditioner. Removing minerals from hair also stops blondes going brassy, and brunettes going orange. You're welcome!
Latest post on 29 September 2017 - 04:03
If water is causing hair loss it must be hard ... Usually ground water is hard I.e contains lot of ground salt that is not good for hair. We suggest you fix a water ionizer in bathroom to make it soft and suitable for hair wash. Also take steps to strengthen hair roots. You can check out some excellent products for hair fall.Also take care of your hair by massaging your scalp with coconut oil regularly. This would improve blood circulation to your scalp which in turn promotes hair growth. It's minerals in the water causing the problem. Also using rubbish cheap shampoo and conditioner. Why spend hundreds on your hair/hair colour and then wash it in cheap nasty shampoo?! It's most likely hair breakage rather than hair loss, the hair is weakened by the build up of minerals and snapping off close to the root. You need to invest in a salon brand clarifying shampoo and use once or twice a month, more if needed, to lift the minerals from your hair. Good shampoos that won't strip hair colour are Paul Mitchell Shampoo 2, Alfaparf purifying shampoo, and joico clarifying shampoo(it's a bit stonger than the other two) stick to a good salon brand shampoo for normal washing also, to match your hair type, oily, dry, etc. And every time you wash your hair, condition it with Joico luster lock treatment, Use it like you would conditioner. Removing minerals from hair also stops blondes going brassy, and brunettes going orange. You're welcome!
Latest post on 28 September 2017 - 10:52
If water is causing hair loss it must be hard ... Usually ground water is hard I.e contains lot of ground salt that is not good for hair. We suggest you fix a water ionizer in bathroom to make it soft and suitable for hair wash. Also take steps to strengthen hair roots. You can check out some excellent products for hair fall.Also take care of your hair by massaging your scalp with coconut oil regularly. This would improve blood circulation to your scalp which in turn promotes hair growth.
Latest post on 11 January 2017 - 18:06
my culprit was very low ferritin levels (despite ok-ish hemoglobin) . took strong supplements and it helped.
Latest post on 11 January 2017 - 13:16
Ummm, a thread retrieved from 2012-2013? Please don't feed the trolls :quite:
Latest post on 11 January 2017 - 10:41
I started hormonal disorder owing to food habits that I acquired here..all processed etc, now on multi vitamins and organic stuff mostly ...it has helped curb the hair loss and improved skin quality too. My husband who is 45 , 22 years in dubai and has full set of hair! So it cant' be the water ....for sure.
Latest post on 09 January 2017 - 11:21
I have the same problem. I had an excessive hairfall but not after I installed the water filter which just cost me AED 150.00 including installation and delivery.
Latest post on 04 November 2013 - 09:33
I have been dealing with this as well. I was referred to a Dr who performed blood tests. They will try to determine if the main cause is genetic, hormonal, or some type of definancy. I was told to try Regain and have noticed regrowth after months of use. I also have been taking supplements ( Omega 3/6, biotin, silica and just started Inversion). I also use coconut oil, almond , and argon oil mixes. I will try the castor now too! When I returned for my 5 month followup visit the Dr recommended I get 20-30 mintues of sun a day without sunblock (even though I do not have a D deficiancy). Dr said to make sure my SCALP is EXPOSEd to the sun as well for 20-30 minutes. not to cover my hair. Do you apply the oil mix to wet or dry hair and how much do you use?
Latest post on 04 November 2013 - 08:50
I've been here for approximately 10 years and have not experienced hair fall although I have worried about it due to the amount of complaints I hear. I think the water may play a part in this problem but I wonder if diet is the bigger issue. I tend to stay away from "white" foods...white rice, white bread, white pasta, anything refined or processed, take-aways, sugary sweets, etc. I also thing that a diet with too much meat isn't good for us. I eat a mainly plant-based died and feel better for it. I drink local water btw.
Latest post on 03 November 2013 - 21:12
I have been dealing with this as well. I was referred to a Dr who performed blood tests. They will try to determine if the main cause is genetic, hormonal, or some type of definancy. I was told to try Regain and have noticed regrowth after months of use. I also have been taking supplements ( Omega 3/6, biotin, silica and just started Inversion). I also use coconut oil, almond , and argon oil mixes. I will try the castor now too! When I returned for my 5 month followup visit the Dr recommended I get 20-30 mintues of sun a day without sunblock (even though I do not have a D deficiancy). Dr said to make sure my SCALP is EXPOSEd to the sun as well for 20-30 minutes. not to cover my hair.
Latest post on 03 November 2013 - 16:21
Comb your hair everyday and protect it against the scorching sun. To make it thicker, try using pure castor oil. Its a bit difficult to spread so either spray your hair with rosewater or mix it with olive/coconut oil to make it easier to spread. Oh, consider the shampoo and conditioner combo in addition to the technique of using them....made a huge difference to mine.
Latest post on 06 July 2012 - 09:17
Mine (and my housemates at the time) got a water filter fitted to our showers and that did make a world of difference. My friend had very thin hair to begin with and it stopped falling out and mine was less dry and fizzy
Latest post on 06 July 2012 - 09:10
One of the main reason to loss hair is dehydration. Here we use AC in the most of the time which cause dehydration. The worst part is, there's no moisture in the air here; it's dry. So, must drink plently of water to maintain healthy hair & skin here. <em>edited by Seasame on 06/07/2012</em>
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 19:17
I had extreme hAir loss and tried all possible shampoos and creams but than i thought to go all old fashion on it So i made a mixture of yogurt with one raw egg some honey and juice from 2 lemons. Than i put this on my hair and left it for like 20 to 30 min. Than rinsed this with some apple cider vinegar and than applied my conditioner. I know the vinegar smell is bad but once the hair is dry...u wont really smell it anymore I did this once a week for a month and it worked miracles. Plus saved me a fortune. I heard that also adding some beer to ur hair is supposed to be very good n healthy :) Thats if u have an alcohol licence hahahaha
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 17:04
I would suggest that instead of using short-fixed, visit a doctor. The best bet is to visit a GP and based on his diagnosis, get a referral to a dermatologist or endocrinologist. For a dermatologist, I can recommend [url=http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=1527435170&targetid=profile'>Dr Jobeetha Yusuf[/url'> at Al Zahra - she diagnosed the reason for my hair loss and prescribed vitamins and topical solutions that were really helpful. 1. Ladies in the ME tend to over style and over wash their hair. 2. Less washing, use less products 3. Massage your scalp to stimulate blood - apply quite a lot of pressure 4. Most importantly get some blood tests - hair loss is usually hormonal, or vitamin deficiency. 5. Try and eat a more natural diet, more fruits and vegetables, cut out all processed food, and and minimize dairy here - swtich to rice milk or soya...rice milk is better although takes a bit of getting used. Or maybe an EW'er can recommend a tried and tested trichologist
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 17:04
I would suggest that instead of using short-fixed, visit a doctor. The best bet is to visit a GP and based on his diagnosis, get a referral to a dermatologist or endocrinologist. For a dermatologist, I can recommend [url=http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=1527435170&targetid=profile'>Dr Jobeetha Yusuf[/url'> at Al Zahra - she diagnosed the reason for my hair loss and prescribed vitamins and topical solutions that were really helpful. 1. Ladies in the ME tend to over style and over wash their hair. 2. Less washing, use less products 3. Massage your scalp to stimulate blood - apply quite a lot of pressure 4. Most importantly get some blood tests - hair loss is usually hormonal, or vitamin deficiency. 5. Try and eat a more natural diet, more fruits and vegetables, cut out all processed food, and and minimize dairy here - swtich to rice milk or soya...rice milk is better although takes a bit of getting used. Or maybe an EW'er can recommend a tried and tested trichologist
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 15:01
I would suggest that instead of using short-fixed, visit a doctor. The best bet is to visit a GP and based on his diagnosis, get a referral to a dermatologist or endocrinologist. For a dermatologist, I can recommend [url=http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=1527435170&targetid=profile'>Dr Jobeetha Yusuf[/url'> at Al Zahra - she diagnosed the reason for my hair loss and prescribed vitamins and topical solutions that were really helpful. Or maybe an EW'er can recommend a tried and tested trichologist
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 13:47
every individual has a case... I am born and lived all my life in UAE and my hair was good when i was young.. it all started falling and getting dull and other issues after getting kids getting married. in my opinion it could be some hormonal changes, some vitamins also stress can make hair loss. but for my husband a different issue, from the first week he came to UAE he felt the change in his hair and his hair reduced radically.. anyway he had the tendency due to his family history to loose hair, but i think the water here and temperature etc triggered the hair loss.
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 13:42
Well I’m not overweight and my hair was awful in Dubai I moved back to the UK and my hair improved almost overnight, I still ate the same foods and had the same lifestyle in both countries. There are hundreds of people in the UAE with no prior hair loss who experience varying degrees of hair loss whilst in the Middle East are you saying that they’re all fat and unhealthy?. I do agree that sugars and carbs are poison but diets like the Atkins can cause hair loss in some people. Diet is only one factor the other factors are the ones I mentioned above. Maybe not overweight, but I bet you eat a lot of refined carbs and sugars. Especially here in Dubai, where people are more sedentary than in the UK, it becomes a problem. If that's not the case for you, lucky you, but I'm talking about the majority of cases. Yes, I have always been a coke and sugar addict but my hair was nice before moving to Dubai, whilst in Dubai it was falling out and awful and when I moved home it was lovely. I have recently stopped sugar and carbs and there has been no change in my hair whatsoever how do you explain that? I think you are focusing too much on one factor, it doesn’t mean you are wrong because diet is vital to healthy hair, I’m just saying that there are lots of factors which contribute to hair loss. My friend is a leading trichologist in London she told me that most of her clients are from the ME and that there is no one factor in hair loss as everyone’s problem is unique Don't stop all carbs - just the pasta, bread and white rice. Stop the coke for sure. And wait. How recently did you stop? You also need to be sure you aren't eating too much at one sitting, which also sends your insulin soaring. Try to maintain 1500 calories over the day. Your hormones didn't get off-balanced overnight and they won't be fixed overnight, either. I agree there are lots of causes, but I'm saying the common elephant in the room is that we are all eating and coke-ing ourselves to death - or at least life with hair loss. ETA: If it doesn't stop on its own, try the Belara. edited by Glengarioch on 05/07/2012
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 13:37
Well I’m not overweight and my hair was awful in Dubai I moved back to the UK and my hair improved almost overnight, I still ate the same foods and had the same lifestyle in both countries. There are hundreds of people in the UAE with no prior hair loss who experience varying degrees of hair loss whilst in the Middle East are you saying that they’re all fat and unhealthy?. I do agree that sugars and carbs are poison but diets like the Atkins can cause hair loss in some people. Diet is only one factor the other factors are the ones I mentioned above. Maybe not overweight, but I bet you eat a lot of refined carbs and sugars. Especially here in Dubai, where people are more sedentary than in the UK, it becomes a problem. If that's not the case for you, lucky you, but I'm talking about the majority of cases. Yes, I have always been a coke and sugar addict but my hair was nice before moving to Dubai, whilst in Dubai it was falling out and awful and when I moved home it was lovely. I have recently stopped sugar and carbs and there has been no change in my hair whatsoever how do you explain that? I think you are focusing too much on one factor, it doesn’t mean you are wrong because diet is vital to healthy hair, I’m just saying that there are lots of factors which contribute to hair loss. My friend is a leading trichologist in London she told me that most of her clients are from the ME and that there is no one factor in hair loss as everyone’s problem is unique
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 13:26
Its to do with the water, the sun and heat, shampoos, AC, diet (lack of vitamins in air freighted veg and fruit) age, lifestyle and health. Start by having multivitamins every day, eat healthily, use a salon shampoo and conditioner, buy a shower filter, keep your hair out of the sun at all times, eat healthily and go to the Dr for some blood tests to check there are no underlying problems. No, it's not. It is to do with being overweight, eating far too many refined carbs, sodas and sugars, which send your hormones off balance. Too much insulin creates too much testosterone and too much testosterone attacks your hair. Not everyone is susceptible to it, but those who are, lose hair. Granted there are some other underlying problems which cause hair loss, but for the majority, it is this. Put yourself on the Dukan Diet - or ultra low calorie diet for two weeks - and see. Your hair loss will stop. Alternatively, take an anti-androgen birth control pill, like Belara - and see. Well I’m not overweight and my hair was awful in Dubai I moved back to the UK and my hair improved almost overnight, I still ate the same foods and had the same lifestyle in both countries. There are hundreds of people in the UAE with no prior hair loss who experience varying degrees of hair loss whilst in the Middle East are you saying that they’re all fat and unhealthy?. I do agree that sugars and carbs are poison but diets like the Atkins can cause hair loss in some people. Diet is only one factor the other factors are the ones I mentioned above. Maybe not overweight, but I bet you eat a lot of refined carbs and sugars. Especially here in Dubai, where people are more sedentary than in the UK, it becomes a problem. If that's not the case for you, lucky you, but I'm talking about the majority of cases. ETA: You don't have to be overweight to have problems with insulin and testosterone. <em>edited by Glengarioch on 05/07/2012</em>
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 13:11
Its to do with the water, the sun and heat, shampoos, AC, diet (lack of vitamins in air freighted veg and fruit) age, lifestyle and health. Start by having multivitamins every day, eat healthily, use a salon shampoo and conditioner, buy a shower filter, keep your hair out of the sun at all times, eat healthily and go to the Dr for some blood tests to check there are no underlying problems. No, it's not. It is to do with being overweight, eating far too many refined carbs, sodas and sugars, which send your hormones off balance. Too much insulin creates too much testosterone and too much testosterone attacks your hair. Not everyone is susceptible to it, but those who are, lose hair. Granted there are some other underlying problems which cause hair loss, but for the majority, it is this. Put yourself on the Dukan Diet - or ultra low calorie diet for two weeks - and see. Your hair loss will stop. Alternatively, take an anti-androgen birth control pill, like Belara - and see. Well I’m not overweight and my hair was awful in Dubai I moved back to the UK and my hair improved almost overnight, I still ate the same foods and had the same lifestyle in both countries. There are hundreds of people in the UAE with no prior hair loss who experience varying degrees of hair loss whilst in the Middle East are you saying that they’re all fat and unhealthy?. I do agree that sugars and carbs are poison but diets like the Atkins can cause hair loss in some people. Diet is only one factor the other factors are the ones I mentioned above.
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 12:45
Its to do with the water, the sun and heat, shampoos, AC, diet (lack of vitamins in air freighted veg and fruit) age, lifestyle and health. Start by having multivitamins every day, eat healthily, use a salon shampoo and conditioner, buy a shower filter, keep your hair out of the sun at all times, eat healthily and go to the Dr for some blood tests to check there are no underlying problems. No, it's not. It is to do with being overweight, eating far too many refined carbs, sodas and sugars, which send your hormones off balance. Too much insulin creates too much testosterone and too much testosterone attacks your hair. Not everyone is susceptible to it, but those who are, lose hair. Granted there are some other underlying problems which cause hair loss, but for the majority, it is this. Put yourself on the Dukan Diet - or ultra low calorie diet for two weeks - and see. Your hair loss will stop. Alternatively, take an anti-androgen birth control pill, like Belara - and see.
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 12:39
Its to do with the water, the sun and heat, shampoos, AC, diet (lack of vitamins in air freighted veg and fruit) age, lifestyle and health. Start by having multivitamins every day, eat healthily, use a salon shampoo and conditioner, buy a shower filter, keep your hair out of the sun at all times, eat healthily and go to the Dr for some blood tests to check there are no underlying problems.
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 12:24
Welcome to the Middle East! Been battling with this problem for over 10 years and my hair is now half of what it used to be. Couple of factors that influence hair fall here.. First being that the water is saline and not too good for the hair. Second, the tank of older properties may not be maintained and cleaned out so dirty tanks can also contribute to hair loss. I realized that my personal hair fall is also because of low iron content in my body. I have been taking supplements but haven't seen much of a change. I've not yet tried a water filter but here are a few links on the forum which will give you an idea of pricing and comparison of H2O Pure Blue and Blu water filters. They are not that expensive and it can be taken with you if you decide move home. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=173716 http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=128747 10 years? And you still think it is the water? Think I have listed a couple of reasons one of them being low iron content in my body. So No I do not think it's just the water. But could be one of the reasons.
Latest post on 05 July 2012 - 11:16
Welcome to the Middle East! Been battling with this problem for over 10 years and my hair is now half of what it used to be. Couple of factors that influence hair fall here.. First being that the water is saline and not too good for the hair. Second, the tank of older properties may not be maintained and cleaned out so dirty tanks can also contribute to hair loss. I realized that my personal hair fall is also because of low iron content in my body. I have been taking supplements but haven't seen much of a change. I've not yet tried a water filter but here are a few links on the forum which will give you an idea of pricing and comparison of H2O Pure Blue and Blu water filters. They are not that expensive and it can be taken with you if you decide move home. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=173716 http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=128747 10 years? And you still think it is the water? Hallelujah !!!!!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY