Do you have 30 days to apply for your maids visa if they are already in the country? | ExpatWoman.com

Do you have 30 days to apply for your maids visa if they are already in the country?

Latest post on 09 July 2012 - 22:24

I am worried about what happens if it doesn't work out. Is there no trial period?

Latest post on 04 September 2012 - 10:07
My husbands PRO did ours, but I believe the pink slip is the start of the visa process. After you've appled then they are legally under your sponsorship, however you still hacpve 60days to do the medicals and then hand in her passport and pay the 5k. We did ours on the 58th day so we could have a 6 week trial before investing so much money. It worked out fine :)
Latest post on 04 September 2012 - 09:43
I am also wondering about this. I will be hiring a maid for the first time, she is already here in Dubai. What is a pink slip and how do I get it? TIA and sorry for my ignorance!
Latest post on 11 July 2012 - 17:37
Once you get ger on the pink slip you have 60 days to complete the proces. You only pay the 5k at the end, so do pink slip then wait a month and a bit before taking bext step. Totally legal as she is already on your name. edited by Purple on 11/07/2012 Sorry for my complete ignorance and thank you for replying. What is the pink slip?
Latest post on 11 July 2012 - 07:59
Once you get ger on the pink slip you have 60 days to complete the proces. You only pay the 5k at the end, so do pink slip then wait a month and a bit before taking bext step. Totally legal as she is already on your name. <em>edited by Purple on 11/07/2012</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY