Pages: 1

Colombiana
Posts 122

08/08/2012 01:22:01
Di@DXB wrote:
Colombiana replied :

So looking forward to these classes!!!

I have emailed you a suggested timing, hope you got it

Actually i cant access to that email anymore, would u please send it to pierinakatiuska at hotmail? Thanks

Di@DXB
Posts 3274

06/08/2012 18:36:07
Colombiana replied :

I have emailed you a suggested timing, hope you got it

Colombiana
Posts 122

05/08/2012 14:27:24
Di@DXB wrote:
Apricot wrote:
Colombiana wrote:
I have an idea of how to do it with caustic soda but i don't know where to get it here...

I'd really appreciate if u can help me..
DH used to be a high school science teacher here, he suggests you contact one of the scientific supply places in Bur Dubai behind the Karama post office or in Deira in the warehouse area opp Hamarain shopping Ctr.

BTW, there was an article in The National about an Emirati lady in Liwa who figured out how to make soap from date seeds from Internet tutorials and lots of trial and error.

I would not advise trying to learn from the internet, there's safety concerns using caustic materials and proper first hand instruction is advisable. Besides there's a lot more to it than just mixing up ingredients. I'd be happy to help.

sunlight
Posts 263

04/08/2012 09:28:07
you have mail Di@DXB
edited by sunlight on 04/08/2012

Di@DXB
Posts 3274

04/08/2012 07:10:24
Apricot wrote:
Colombiana wrote:
I have an idea of how to do it with caustic soda but i don't know where to get it here...

DH used to be a high school science teacher here, he suggests you contact one of the scientific supply places in Bur Dubai behind the Karama post office or in Deira in the warehouse area opp Hamarain shopping Ctr.

BTW, there was an article in The National about an Emirati lady in Liwa who figured out how to make soap from date seeds from Internet tutorials and lots of trial and error.

I would not advise trying to learn from the internet, there's safety concerns using caustic materials and proper first hand instruction is advisable. Besides there's a lot more to it than just mixing up ingredients. I'd be happy to help.

Apricot
Posts 2400

04/08/2012 04:11:55
Colombiana wrote:

Colombiana
Posts 122

01/08/2012 14:02:20
SeminoleGirl wrote:
I only know that they sell glycerine at all the pharmacies. I'm not sure how much you would need, but a little bottle, say 6 oz, was like AED 16. We drink goats milk. I buy that at Car4, MCC, in the soy milk section. It's an organic UHT British brand. I want to say it costs AED 10, but I don't recall so well at the moment. I've also seen it at Spinneys, Mirdif, but they have a more upscale brand (at least I remember it costing more).

Thanks for answering me , but i was asking about the soap base, its a soap u can melt and add ingredients to make your very own personalized soap...

Colombiana
Posts 122

01/08/2012 14:00:39
Di@DXB wrote:
martie wrote:
When I get to Dubai I want to start making soap but cant find any classes to learn. Might have to look some up online. Id love to know how you get on finding things as Ill be in the same position to soon. Im gonna see if I can make bath bombs as well! Do you have any fav soap making skills you could share?

There are no soap making classes in Dubai unfortunately, and materials such as soap base also not available, what kind of soap do you want to make melt and pour or cold process?

I may be able to help you

Actually i've doing the melt and pour kind and i get the clear glycerine base and goat milk base from US but as i said the shipping is way to expensive...Usually i do it for gifts and i need some to give to my sisters in law for EID... I have an idea of how to do it with caustic soda but i don't know where to get it here...

sunlight
Posts 263

01/08/2012 10:34:46
Di@DXB wrote:
martie wrote:
When I get to Dubai I want to start making soap but cant find any classes to learn. Might have to look some up online. Id love to know how you get on finding things as Ill be in the same position to soon. Im gonna see if I can make bath bombs as well! Do you have any fav soap making skills you could share?

There are no soap making classes in Dubai unfortunately, and materials such as soap base also not available, what kind of soap do you want to make melt and pour or cold process?

sorry to hijack the thread but I am interested.
edited by sunlight on 04/08/2012

Di@DXB
Posts 3274

01/08/2012 10:19:16
martie wrote:
great!looking forward to this as i wanted to do it for 6 months now but didnt really know where to start...

You have mail!

martie
Posts 43

01/08/2012 10:13:32
great!looking forward to this as i wanted to do it for 6 months now but didnt really know where to start...

Di@DXB
Posts 3274

01/08/2012 09:51:51
martie wrote:
Di@DXB wrote:
martie wrote:

That would be awesome! You should hold classes! I was thinking of cold process would be a good start since i know nothing pretty much seems like a good start...or what do u think?

I would be happy to help you get started with CP, if you would like to pop your email up for a minute I will email you my contacts.
edited by Di@DXB on 01/08/2012

martie
Posts 43

01/08/2012 08:56:14
Di@DXB wrote:
martie wrote:

That would be awesome! You should hold classes! I was thinking of cold process would be a good start since i know nothing pretty much seems like a good start...or what do u think?

Di@DXB
Posts 3274

01/08/2012 08:21:16
martie wrote:

martie
Posts 43

01/08/2012 07:14:25

SeminoleGirl
Posts 26

01/08/2012 06:12:15
I only know that they sell glycerine at all the pharmacies. I'm not sure how much you would need, but a little bottle, say 6 oz, was like AED 16. We drink goats milk. I buy that at Car4, MCC, in the soy milk section. It's an organic UHT British brand. I want to say it costs AED 10, but I don't recall so well at the moment. I've also seen it at Spinneys, Mirdif, but they have a more upscale brand (at least I remember it costing more).

Colombiana
Posts 122

01/08/2012 04:02:53
Hi, I hope somebody knows where can i get soap bases like Glycerine, Goat milk , etc... For homemade soap.
I know i can order them online as i've been doing so, but the shipping is too expensive , even more that the product cost...

Thanks

Pages: 1

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.