Buggy for newborn and 2 year old - what do you recommend? | ExpatWoman.com

Buggy for newborn and 2 year old - what do you recommend?

Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 13:03

DD #1 will be 2 years old when I deliver DD #2. I currently have a Bugaboo Cameleon (just the single one) and am wondering what to do about buggies for trips out with two LOs. Can anyone give me any practical advice on double buggies and the best way forward?

DD #1 is quite a naughty little thing and I very much doubt that she will quietly stay on the Bugaboo wheelie board in a shopping mall/outside. I have visions of myself sprinting through MOE trying to get hold of her with a newborn in tow!

Latest post on 12 August 2012 - 14:46
Thanks for all the helpful advice. Over the weekend I bought the Maclaren Twin Techno (which looks great and fold up quite compactly). I'm going to keep hold of my Bugaboo Cameleon and get the wheely/buggy board for it that way at least I'll ahve some options. Speaking of which, if any of you have a Bugaboo wheely/buggy board for sale, please let me know. Thank you!
Latest post on 12 August 2012 - 10:51
Hi I have the baby jogger city mini double. It's a side by side pram and so far I haven't had any problems fitting through any doors. I have the carrycot for the baby and my toddler sits comfortably next to him. The seats recline fully so it's great for when they need to sleep. My baby is nearly 3 months old and won't be fitting in the carrycot for much longer!! I also have the baby jogger city mini single for when I am out and about with just one and a buggy board for short trips with both. It's working well for us at the moment. It was a tough decision but I'm happy!! Good luck in your decision making!!
Latest post on 12 August 2012 - 08:26
Hi I recommend the Maclaren Twin Techno. I'm using it for the 2nd time now - initially with newborn and 2.5 yo, now with 8mo and 3.5 yo (mainly due to heat and need for dd2 to nap in middle of day). It's great - much lighter than others (e.g. P&T) and plenty of room for shopping. Also reclines fully. Good luck x
Latest post on 10 August 2012 - 21:32
Hi sorry I haven't been on for a while. No a friend brought it in from NY. It's the same price in dollars as pounds. Worth looking into though as under $700 all in. It has made life easy for me when out and about!
Latest post on 10 August 2012 - 12:42
I love my city select! DD who's a very tall 3.5yr old fits in it beautifully her feet do go over the edge now but she can still sleep in it while in the mall. Unfortunately you can't buy it here. If you want to test drive it I live in the Ranches and am happy for you to come round and take a look.
Latest post on 09 August 2012 - 16:32
UmmShamsa, I tried the Bugaboo Donkey as well in John Lewis, and the seat units are smaller than the seat unit of the Cameleon.
Latest post on 09 August 2012 - 16:29
Thanks Brummie Bird, went to John Lewis and tried the ICandy but unfortunately,the seat is already now too small for LO.
Latest post on 06 August 2012 - 23:32
Thanks for all your advice ladies. We went to Just Kidding today and saw the ICandy. To be honest, it looked tiny and I don't think DD#1 could comfortably sit in it now - she's quite tall and chunky. I've started a search for a second hand City Select and/or Bugaboo Donkey although I certainly won't hold my breath on finding either of them. Thanks for all your advice so far.
Latest post on 06 August 2012 - 18:58
Best thing would be to go to just kidding and test your toddler out in the icandy peach , thats what i did. After reading lots of reviews in the uk i was a bit sceptical as some people say their toddler grew out of it quickly and others say their toddlers fitted until age 3. As i said i really like the fact that it converts into a lovely single stroller as im sure my little one will not go in it all the time anyway. its still quite pricey but cheaper than the donkey
Latest post on 06 August 2012 - 17:19
I bought the Icandy Peach with extra seat converter , my next bub is due in 4 weeks and i have a 19month old. I like the fact that it converts into a twin and single stroller. However i know lots of people swear by the maclaren twin techno as its suitable from newborn Brummie Bird, would you recommend the Peach for a quite tall toddler? TIA
Latest post on 06 August 2012 - 14:19
I bought the Icandy Peach with extra seat converter , my next bub is due in 4 weeks and i have a 19month old. I like the fact that it converts into a twin and single stroller. However i know lots of people swear by the maclaren twin techno as its suitable from newborn
Latest post on 06 August 2012 - 09:36
Hi Mich, I'm hearing great things about the City Select. Did you buy it in Dubai as I thought it wasn't available here. Thank you!
Latest post on 05 August 2012 - 22:07
We have the city select baby jogger which is great. It is easy to assemble, takes a maxi cosi, has a large basket underneath and there are lots of seating combinations. It is also a good single stroller.
Latest post on 05 August 2012 - 14:07
I have a Mamas & Papas Aria Twin 60/40 (same as the Peg Perego) and love it! It can carry a carseat which is rare for a side by side double stroller. They don't actually sell them here but I found mine on Dubizzle for 750 aed, I think you can also have them shipped here. It is lightweight but both seats recline separately, it has a storage basket underneath and it folds up relatively compactly.
Latest post on 05 August 2012 - 14:02
I only realized once you asked, haha - its all this fresh winter air, I'm not used to it! Have sent you a message x Ps - Love the new username! <em>edited by shellly on 05/08/2012</em>
Latest post on 05 August 2012 - 12:53
Hi Shellly, Thanks for your reply. I'm looking in to the Donkey option but to be honest, with a price tag of AED 6K, it's got me looking for other potential options. I will go over to JK and have a look but would perhaps rather find one on Dubizzle! Anyone out there used the Phil & Teds? PS Have you realised who this is yet...? My old account got deleted somehow whilst I was in the UK. Hope to see you and Z when you're back :)
Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 14:05
Since you're a Bugaboo owner, have you considered the Donkey? I have heard mixed reviews about it, TBH, but I have a friend who has the Donkey and she loves it. Maybe take a trip to Just Kidding and take it for a test drive?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY