Vietnam visa on arrival | ExpatWoman.com

Vietnam visa on arrival

Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 13:06

Hi,

Has anyone applied for an online visa on arrival for Vietnam? Can you recommend the travel agent that did it for you? There are too many options and not sure how to tell if they are a scam or not.

Thanks

Latest post on 05 August 2012 - 11:52
Thanks for all the replies, I ended up using MyVietnamVisa as well. I was worried because there are so many sites offering the service and I didn't want to end up in a scam. So, did you all have a good time in Vietnam? Any off the beaten track places, restaurants, that you would recommend? Thanks a lot again!
Latest post on 05 August 2012 - 10:14
I've just come back and used www.MyVietnamVisa.com to arrange (it was about 25 USD each)..they arrange the authorisation letter and you collect your visia when you get there (that took about 15 mins)
Latest post on 05 August 2012 - 00:42
We went to Vietnam a few yrs ago from Dubai and I am sure that we couldn't get a visa on arrival (We are British). You can always go to Abu Dhabi and get the visa before you go, as the Vietnamese Consulate in Dubai closed down about a week before were due to go (Feb 2008) or get an agency to arrange one for you, which you pick up at the airport. Maybe check on Trip Advisor/Virtual Tourist/Thorntree forums and I'm sure you'll rec's for reliable agencies on there or you can post a question. Good Luck - it's a great place to visit!
Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 16:56
We did ours through Come and Go Vietnam. They also did airport transfers, 2day trip to Mekong Delta, Cu Chi tunnels. They were brilliant. We dealt with Margarita her email is [email protected] website is http://comeandgovietnam.com/
Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 16:40
I went to Vietnam in July and my tour operator had already sent me a letter with our passport details ( a service they provided). On arrival I queued up with all the other people, then filled in a form with passport details (be aware that they will have taken your passport to a room behind, so advise making a copy of your passport page!), queued again, paid the money and collected passport with visa. It's easy but I did have that letter which I think is important. A couple in the queue appeared not to have a visa and were very upset - looked like they were being sent back. Also at the airport I had to provide the letter to quite a few people (to make sure there were no visa issues on arrival).
Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 14:32
No, traveling independently - flew in from Cambodia. Maybe rules have changed but some friends went there a few weeks ago and didnt mention anything.
Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 13:15
I also have EU passport but from what I've read you can't get visa on arrivals at Vietnam airport. Did you have a tour package with a TO? Maybe that's why.
Latest post on 04 August 2012 - 13:10
Sorry don't know about online applications but I got visa on arrival in late 2009 (EU passport)