Sponsoring a child as a single mum | ExpatWoman.com

Sponsoring a child as a single mum

Latest post on 24 August 2012 - 18:23

Hi,

I have obtained my residency visa but I am worried about sponsoring my 5 yr old DD, I have all the various attested documents (divorce papers, birth certificate etc) but the only thing I don't have is the NOC from the father. He never contested the divorce and he didn't stay in touch, does anyone know if it's still possible? One thing to note is that my company's head office is based in Abu Dhabi but I'm living in Dubai, so my residency was done in Abu Dhabi and I've heard it's harder in Abu Dhabi when it comes to children. The PRO of my company has been really helpful but he says it may be difficult without the NOC. Has anyone done this without the NOC? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 27 June 2018 - 06:12
[quote=Erin8]Hi. I see you had this issue long time ago. I am facing the same now. Could you please advice how to fix this out?[/quote] I am currently pregnant with my first baby,I'm not married a...
Hi! How are you? Please advice....what did you do? Did you get the visa for your baby? Hope you can help me, having the same problem now. Thank you!
Latest post on 15 March 2018 - 14:55
I have sponsored my boys without a NOC but it took a long time and many visits to immigration. I wrote a letter stating I was unable to locate the father and if he wanted the children to return to ...
Hi can you help me with a sample of this letter? Thanks.
Latest post on 15 March 2018 - 14:52
If the father is written on the birth certificate of your child, they will require for the NOC from the father. I am currently on this situation and I’ve been into different immigration offices but no one can help me without NOC. That’s the only thing missing to get my child’s residence visa.
Latest post on 26 February 2017 - 19:43
Hi. I see you had this issue long time ago. I am facing the same now. Could you please advice how to fix this out? I am currently pregnant with my first baby,I'm not married and after my baby is born I want to find job in Dubai ,by a big airline.I want learn,how I can sponsor my baby to be with me?baby's daddy is out of the picture and I'm unsure wether I put his name on the birth certificate or not?putting his name on, I could make it difficult for me in the future to get my child sponsored?any experience helps please let me know.I have a couple of months until baby is here,but I would like to know how many things have changed in 2017 for a single, unmarried woman with a child?thank you very much
Latest post on 17 November 2015 - 13:00
Hi. I see you had this issue long time ago. I am facing the same now. Could you please advice how to fix this out?
Latest post on 10 July 2014 - 16:00
I've been trying to hunt here and there about this issue being a single mom who desperately wants to have my son right next to me after i had my vacation last month. it was so heartbreaking seeing him cry and wants to come with me. can somebody please tell me the exact process and how can i bring my son here without the involvement of the father? i will appreciate your response very very much!
Latest post on 30 June 2013 - 08:55
I have sponsored my boys without a NOC but it took a long time and many visits to immigration. I wrote a letter stating I was unable to locate the father and if he wanted the children to return to their home country I would take them and would not involve any law enforcement. I took this letter and had it notarized by my embassy and translated. Even with this it took me many visits to finally reach the right person who was able to approve it before I finally got their visas. Good luck!!!
Latest post on 30 June 2013 - 03:57
Hi! I have a lady friend who is married but is currently separated from her husband. She is here in Dubai working as a Secretary. 2 years ago she got pregnant outside of marriage (with another man) and went back to her home country to have the baby. Her husband then, though devastated of what happened, was kind enough to acknowledge the baby and sign on the birth certificate. The baby's surname though is of her mother's maiden name (my friend is still using her maiden name in the passport when the child was born). My question is can she sponsor her child in UAE? Since she is separated from her husband (not legally) and the child is being taken care by her parents back home, does she still need to get a no-objection letter from the husband. Lastly, Is there any possibility that will she be questioned about the child's biological father and does she have to prove that the child is her husband's?
Latest post on 03 September 2012 - 15:25
I moved to Dubai in 2003 as a single mum and sponsored my son. I told the PRO that I didn't know where my ex husband was or how to contact him as we had had no contact for years. You could try that. Good luck..
Latest post on 03 September 2012 - 10:30
Hi, I have obtained my residency visa but I am worried about sponsoring my 5 yr old DD, I have all the various attested documents (divorce papers, birth certificate etc) but the only thing I don't have is the NOC from the father. He never contested the divorce and he didn't stay in touch, does anyone know if it's still possible? One thing to note is that my company's head office is based in Abu Dhabi but I'm living in Dubai, so my residency was done in Abu Dhabi and I've heard it's harder in Abu Dhabi when it comes to children. The PRO of my company has been really helpful but he says it may be difficult without the NOC. Has anyone done this without the NOC? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. why don't you just get one ?
Latest post on 03 September 2012 - 10:30
You'll need to do it as a Humanitarian Case, similar to women with illegitimate children. But it may be challenging as you're asking the government to go on your word that your ex does not care, what if you are lying and just want your child but he does too? If you could track him down it would be much easier, you'll need his approval to issue a passport anyway, no? Hi AmyAus82, I've tried tracking him down but it's been mission impossible and feel like I'm chasing my tail. Not sure what you mean about the passport? We're from the UK and her passport was issued no problems and recently had it renewed there too.
Latest post on 03 September 2012 - 10:26
Thanks for all the help everyone, it's been really useful. I have all the documents (tenancy etc) and the PRO is hopeful so let's see. My company is consulted out by the Ministry of Health so he's brought along the contract in the hope that may help. Fingers crossed!
Latest post on 25 August 2012 - 09:45
Also try this link....PlainJane gave me some excellent advice. Plus our PRO is very experienced. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=179028
Latest post on 25 August 2012 - 09:42
Hi, I have obtained my residency visa but I am worried about sponsoring my 5 yr old DD, I have all the various attested documents (divorce papers, birth certificate etc) but the only thing I don't have is the NOC from the father. He never contested the divorce and he didn't stay in touch, does anyone know if it's still possible? One thing to note is that my company's head office is based in Abu Dhabi but I'm living in Dubai, so my residency was done in Abu Dhabi and I've heard it's harder in Abu Dhabi when it comes to children. The PRO of my company has been really helpful but he says it may be difficult without the NOC. Has anyone done this without the NOC? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Our company recently sponsored a never married single mum but she was in Dubai and had a NOC. Not sure you will get residency without one and the NOC must be attested in the country of origin, be stamped by the UAE consulate in that country and then have a final stamp at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE. The two things authorities are looking for is that the father agrees (even if he's not interested) and that you can financially support yourself. Make sure your labour contract is attested; your HR team/PRO can do this. As you rent in Dubai you should ask your LL/agent to have the tenancy contract registered with Ejari. This is not a requirement for AD contracts but you rent in Dubai and AD authorities may request it is done. Your company really should be supporting you fully through this process including making the application on your behalf. Even if they don't normally support dependant sponsorship, this is a special case and I'm assuming they knew about your family situation when they hired you. They should do everything possible to give you the best chance. Not sure if AD is stricter but as an example they have recently stopped allowing parental sponsorship. Finally, before the application is filed I would strongly recommend you have everything in order (signatures, documents legalised, originals etc) before you file. Sometimes authorities will send you away for something else that is just plain unnecessary and you can't help that. But just be as prepared as possible. Good luck <em>edited by long on 25/08/2012</em>
Latest post on 24 August 2012 - 18:58
Thanks for the swift response! I have read some of these threads before but I don't think anyone has actually said they've managed to do it without an NOC. Any ideas of how I can get in touch with any experts in this field as I've read on this site that there aren't many out there?
Latest post on 24 August 2012 - 18:42
As far as I know a NOC letter from the father will be required if his name is on the birth certificate. If not then it may be enough to have a declaration stating you are not currently married. You would be best to talk to a expert in this field before approaching immigration with your case. There's a couple of previous threads on this topic that may help. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=171459 http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=173431

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY