Where to get passport photographs of a newborn baby? | ExpatWoman.com

Where to get passport photographs of a newborn baby?

Latest post on 29 August 2012 - 06:48
Below is the statement from direct gov about babies passport photos. Here is the link http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@travel/documents/digitalasset/dg_174925.pdf Children aged five and under do not need to have a neutral expression or to look directly at the camera. Babies under one don’t need to have their eyes open. If the baby’s head needs to be supported, the supporting hand must not be seen. All other photograph standards must be met. Hope this helps
Latest post on 29 August 2012 - 01:25
I got a British passport for my newborn a couple of weeks ago - they don't actually need to have their eyes open. I'm pretty sure the information was on the leaflet you get with the application - and online somewhere
Latest post on 29 August 2012 - 00:34
We did it a little differently..when she was wide awake with open eyes, we clicked several pics of her while she lay on a white bed sheet..you can try this at different times of the day to see what best you can get. need to remember to keep both ears visible, no hat and eyes open..so we had lots of pic options..then we put all of these on a pen drive - went over to any photo studio and asked them to print the most suitable one as per the size required for the passport..this way we did not have to take her in to any studio!!
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 23:08
getting the photo is very easy but for the newborns so tough with silly rules!! i had mine done just 4 months back.. eyes need to be open, chin visible,white background,both ears should be clear! uff!! i rushed for 3 days whenever my baby was awake to the nearest store but either only one ear was visible or the chin was not clear or he wouldn't be awake (slept enroute to studio :D ) finally i clicked lots of pic at home with my mother in law holding white blanket in the background and my mum making him straight. it was so hilarious but we got the photo and the passport. the pic on his passport is so bad but atleast its there :)
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 21:59
Ibn Batuta mall, in front of Daiso store; the guy is pretty good at capturing babies for passport and visa photos. Got my LO's done from there
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 21:40
Another tip - go when baby is about to wake up. :) (eyes need to be open - obviously - easier said than done in a newborn)
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 21:31
any of the photo shops will do them, but you need to specify british passports as each embassy has different rules, even different size for emirates id etc. read up on the rules so that you can make sure that they are right before sending them off.
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 21:14
Nearly any photo printing place does them. We got some done in Dubai Mall, that were fine, then lost them on the way home. Then the next lot at IBN, also fine. The Doctor that had to sign them spilt coffee on them. Then we went to emirates mall, they were also fine. Then for his second passport we got them done outside LULUs near EK mall... Also fine. Moral to the story.... The photographers are used to taking newborn photos and you should get some done easily. Secondly... Keep them on disc :)
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 19:02
Any photo shop would do.i got mine at the Kodak studio inside union co-op on Wasl road.every studio has a refreshed visa requirement sheet with background color/size and all other specs but it's best u know urself aswell.Goood luckkk and congrats for the new one
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 12:20
Can I suggest that you take the photograph yourself? We had to get DS's passport photo taken when he was only a few weeks old. We put a white t shirt on the floor for the white back ground requirement and it took about 50 attempts to get a usable photo. It will be very difficult to get it done in the photo shop for a newborn. We brought the photos on a memory stick to the photo shop in the Greens and the guy there was very helpful. He took out a list of passport photo requirements (size etc.) per country and went through all of our photos and helped us pick the best one.
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 12:01
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@travel/documents/digitalasset/dg_174925.pdf Above will give you all details for passport photo requirements. Two from our family renewed a few months ago. Taken on light grey backgrounds and taken at LuLus Al Barsha. Good luck for your new arrival tomorrow!
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 11:58
I had mine done at the Kodak store near Geant in Ibn Battuta Mall. I also had some done at a photo studio in Dubai Mall which were a bit more expensive but did a great job. I believe any of the photo shops will do them.
Latest post on 28 August 2012 - 11:46
Hi everyone, I am due to be induced tomorrow, and I need to get my baby's passport applied for asap after the birth. I have no idea where is a good place to go to get passport photographs of a newborn. As it has to go off to Germany, i desperately don't want it to be sent back because the passport photo isn't right. So if anyone has any ideas that would be great. It will be for a UK passport, don't know if that changes the requirements etc. Thanks L

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY