Removing candle wax | ExpatWoman.com

Removing candle wax

Latest post on 08 September 2012 - 14:03

My DH spilled candle wax on his new wool slacks. Any ideas on how to remove? I've heard ironing through a piece of fabric or paper, does this work?

Latest post on 08 September 2012 - 19:25
I suggest you put plain brown paper on the ironing board then the faribc then more plain brown paper and iron it until the brown paper has absorbed all the wax. This is the only way I managed to get candle wax out of clothes.
Latest post on 08 September 2012 - 18:54
when I've to remove wax normally I'm ironing the item on the back of the fabric ( on reverse side) and I put paper tissues between the wax and the ironing board... the melted wax is absorbed by the tissue... I hope I've been able to make myself clear :\:
Latest post on 08 September 2012 - 15:12
Thanks, I'll try the ice. The slacks are light coloured and the wax looks quite dark so I'm worried about it staining. Good luck-hope it works
Latest post on 08 September 2012 - 14:35
Thanks, I'll try the ice. The slacks are light coloured and the wax looks quite dark so I'm worried about it staining.
Latest post on 08 September 2012 - 14:07
You can iron over brown paper-but if the wax is coloured try applying ice instead-it will freeze the wax and you can carefully scape it off. I would be wary of applying heat to coloured wax

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY